WoW Classic Era - “Not A Bug” List - Updated April 22, 2021

I’ve added several items to the list in the OP:

• Long quest objectives don’t have text wrapping.
  • Fall damage is equivalent to expected and verified values.
  • Broadcast text can be seen multiple times if multiple players interact with the same NPC.
  • WANTED signs do not have “!”, and are also not highlighted.
  • Player characters do not animate when looting/interacting with quest objects (e.g. collecting pumpkins).
  • Gnomes and Taurens are the correct size.

The last one has been carefully verified.

54 Likes

Hopefully not TOO carefully. Respect people’s personal space.

61 Likes

I lol’d irl.

19 Likes

Slow as an old man in slippers when fighting. Fast as Usain Bolt when feared.

Really made the warlocks who knew how to ping pong with Curse of Recklessness stand out.

11 Likes

sorry. testing forum permissions

I’ve updated the original post in this thread with:

• “Melee leeway” is working as intended.

After careful study and testing, we’ve found that for players with low latency, the state of melee leeway is how they would have experienced the game in 2006.

There are more people with low latency now than there were in 2006, so we expect for some it might feel different, but it is working as expected.

25 Likes

I was hoping for a little more detail on the leeway mechanic, since there’s so much conflicting information out there. For example…does it apply when fighting npcs or just against players?

4 Likes

Range players are gonna have a hard time in PvP then.
Melee players will learn how to play with the leeway range

Especially vs hunters when players will play with leeway/deadzone and probably some addons that will tell you how far you are from someone.

But at least it’s authentic. So, well, it’s ok :slight_smile: .

2 Likes

Authentic > fair. Classic was NEVER fair :slight_smile:

12 Likes

They have tools to keep their distance, they will have to learn to better utilize range management.

1 Like

Whilst I understand that this is accurate, in those days it was expected for most people to suffer from high latency whilst gaming.
In todays society we expect the opposite, and that latency will be considerably lower due to the increased technology and accessibility over the years.

Wouldn’t it be more reasonable to assume a slightly less aggressive leeway mechanic that takes into account that most people have good connections now; whilst not being as authentic, would better replicate the experience that players encountered in the game?

Honestly at this stage it feels like it will overwhelming push players towards melee classes such as Warrior which are already expected to be a strong majority of the player base.

22 Likes

I don’t think that would really matter?

Not sure if im allowed to post a link, but a recent reddit post has proved that melee leeway was hardcoded into the actual client of vanilla wow as of 1.10 onwards.

3 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

Leeway was in the game in 1.12 because everyone’s computer and internet sucked and it was needed to let melee players actually connect damage with people.

in 2019 this is no longer an issue and it just an abusable mechanic for melee.

Use your brain Blizzard.

2 Likes

I notice that you are only complaining about melee leeway, when spell leeway is also in the game for the exact same reason and you havent said a word about it… a transparent bias which is beyond transparent.

No changes, original vanilla wow mechanics should not be changed; and leeway is as original as it comes and has been in since vanilla.

2 Likes

Because melee leeway is the bigger issue, yes spell batching should get removed too but it’s not as blatantly overpowered as melee leeway.

Also I’m playing a Rogue btw, I just want the game to be as good as possible.

1 Like

Please reread what i wrote, i didnt mention batching at all, as good as possible is as authentic to the original as possible… please dont try to impose your desire for changes, to what every has been asking for for years.

2 Likes

That was a mistype, I meant to type ‘AOE leeway’ instead of ‘spell batching’ my mind was in a different place when I wrote that.

Both are still broken and only existed to fix a problem that no longer exists (ie everyone having bad internet connections and bad pc hardware)

1 Like

Also I am in favor of spell batching but I think the window needs to be tightened.

1 Like