Why is leeway a game killer

I mean, according to blizz this is exactly how it was back then

Oh yeah, me too.

2 Likes

I do not understand this reference.

1 Like

You seem comfortable commenting about other things you don’t understand.

Or perhaps I’m am so far ahead that my comments are too difficult for you to understand. Oh yeah, I forgot… this place is full of childish trolls and memers. Ahhh, where’s Padre!

1 Like

Im still trying to figure out where you getting this idea/numbers from. Either you just going off your own idea or grabbed from blizz themselves that contradicts WoW Classic Era - “Not A Bug” List - Updated April 22, 2021 - #23 by Kaivax

College Physics and Calculus, lol :wink: The system I posted up above is similar to how it worked in vanilla wow, I’m just off with the numbers. I don’t know how many MS = yards in leeway, but I do know that giving everybody 2.66yrd leeway is incorrect since leeway was latency based.

I lived and breathed WoW from Vanilla to Near end of TBC (over 5 years played in that time span). I have over thousands of hours studying mechanics such as this for PvP purposes since I was an avid PvPer even in the Vanilla WoW Closed beta. I literally had ppl bring food to my room bcuz I was addicted.

I know this game and its flow+feel like the back of my hand. If I worked for Blizzard you guys would get a perfect recreation of vanilla wow, but I don’t and they wouldn’t be able to afford me anyways.

I just love vanilla wow and I cry every time the masses believe in Blizzards lies.

2 Likes

I get all that but the people that actually made/making the game is claiming otherwise…

Been playing wow just as much and long as you, even still kind of to this day. My latency was just under 100 ms back then and as a troll rogue i remember auto attack from an absurd range when chasing someone so idk bro.

Unfortunately, more inclined to believe the company over the consumer

Those ppl did not make the game… stop kidding yourself. I watched all their vids and they have noo idea what they are doing. They literally ask streamers what should/shouldn’t be in the game. Makes me sick.

2 Likes

I know it sucks to fathom but it is possible that the hours you put in to try to learn an mechanic could of all been wrong. On the flip you could be right, only thing that would change your mind is if the lead dev back then or the person that implemented leeway back then came out and made a statement on it. Otherwise all we have is blizz telling us they ran numerous tests and believe leeway is tuned right.

You think that would change his mind? Look at his posts, look at that ego.

1 Like

Leeway definitely didn’t function as intended back then. Top players used to be able to separate themselves even further by juking their enemies attacks and interrupts. Kiting was even more useful. Players who could juke but maybe didn’t have best gear could win fights they otherwise shouldn’t be able to given gear/spec/level matchup.

I was fighting KT glad range players back in TBC. My ms was like 300 back then btw. But I also fought players who stood in place and clicked all abilities. So I saw the whole variety of skill range.

If internet is faster than ever why not ditch or modify the system and let the game be more skill based? Well, a lot of players are horribly lazy and just want to farm gear, follow a spec build from some video guide, and say they are better players. When the skill cap is raised, a lot of players will come up with any reason to lower it. It’s sad, seems like they are winning.

1 Like

Nah, I had a bunch of ppl work on this kind of stuff. I was an elitistjerk(if u remember them)+min max type of player.

Yes i remember them. But still company info > player info.

You can still juke and kite, you just have to literally stop moving for not even a second and leeway stops.

You are wrong. Blizzard has already implemented 2 of my ideas into the game, well, because I know what I’m talking about or else I wouldn’t talk.

2 Likes

And Spell Batching isn’t making it stay up constantly? It looks that way from the dueling tourney’s I’ve seen.

Can it be excluded from batching?

Even if the person is rooted in place (frost nova’d, etc) the leeway still works if the person holds down a movement button… ridiculous.

2 Likes

Both players moving? Leeway.
One player not moving? No leeway

So say a hunter traps u, gets that same distance and aimshot/concs you, you arnt getting hamstring off. But if their was never a pause and you both keep running with the same momentum then yea you will get the hamstring off. Its super dumb nowadays but people wanted “authenticity” here you have it

That is true and is retarded so i guess we all have to build in muscle memory to not do that