Leeway here to stay

10 Likes

Good thing I swapped from Hunter to Mage.

13 Likes

Well, here come the 142345892489398234 threads being created by 6 people and their forum alts complaining about it.

23 Likes

INB4 ^ that

4 Likes

“now that you’ve all got good internet, leeway will be overtuned and that’s authentic”

Nope. Not even once. Tune it so it feels like Vanilla, not so it feels like worst case scenario because technology is better than it was.

There’s a very large gap between exact function and authentic execution.

30 Likes

#NoChanges

8 Likes

But what about the people that will be pulling out there old monitor and gaming rigs? Gotta make sure the game stays fair for them :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

You. I like you.

2 Likes

I’ve constructed a lagometer so that I can manually introduce the 300ms delay I felt as an Oceanic player on a US-West server. It takes the packets and runs them around in a circle until the lag is juuuuust right.

16 Likes

This would mean having the game feel as it did back then, which this obviously doesn’t. Right now it’s overtuned thanks to something outside the control of the game that everyone has so I’m of the mind to make it more “authentic” it would need to be tuned.

Unless you don’t want it to feel like Vanilla then you are #prochanges, fyi

1 Like

Your whole argument is literally “feels vs reals.”

What we have is real vanilla. You want changes for “feels.”
I’ll stick with the authentic, actual vanilla experience.

11 Likes

“Mobs don’t hit hard enough”
“I remember Tree of Life in Vanilla”
“My toon runs too slow”

8 Likes

My argument is exactly what Blizzard states that due to better internet today, it will feel overtuned.

#nochanges wants the game to PLAY as it did, not some augmented version as a result of lag compensation when we don’t have the same issues as we did back in 2k4.

If you want a warped version, go play on a PServer. I want the game to play as it did without overtuning.

6 Likes

That’s nice, but everyone’s experience feels different, so Blizzard can only do what is real.

7 Likes

Yikes, Hunters looking not fun.

Glad I skipped the Deadzone and all these other shenanigans…

4 Likes

My argument is exactly what Blizzard states that due to better internet today, it will feel overtuned.

No, Blizzard stated that it feels exactly like someone with better internet would have experienced it in 2004.

You are arguing entirely from a personal perspective that because your internet is better it feels different. Downgrade to dial-up if you need it to feel like it was in 04.

9 Likes

If you really, truly wanted that; you’d be pulling out an old 17 inch CRT and setting your FPS to 20.

I’m going to guess you won’t be doing that.

5 Likes

Since it’s authentic it should not be removed.

If it was only here for technical aspect, it could be adapted to the modern one, but not removed.

1 Like

Leeroy! Leeroy! Leeroy! Lee----way!?

3 Likes

It’s not about internet, my internet is perfectly fine with 60ms pings to Blizzard server, yet, on the other window, my character moves with about 800s delay after I press ‘w’ in the first window.