WoW Classic Character Transfer Temporary Closure -- April 30

In order to prepare our systems which will handle snapshotting WoW Classic player-characters and preparing them to be separately playable on Burning Crusade Classic and WoW Classic Era realms, we will close the character transfer service in WoW Classic on April 30 at 10:00 a.m. PDT in this region.

We expect character transfers to be closed for multiple weeks, and we will let you know as soon as we can determine this process is nearly complete and we expect to re-open the service. For the duration of the closure, it will not be possible to transfer a WoW Classic player-character to or from any realm.

The actual snapshotting of all WoW Classic characters will occur after this closure. We will also announce that time at a later date.

The character transfer service closure in WoW Classic will have no impact whatsoever on the World of Warcraft: Shadowlands digital shop or services.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we perform this update.

28 Likes

When is the prepatch?

10 Likes

Soon brother, soon. I can nearly see the infernal plane before us.

5 Likes

Will it be unlocked when prepatch launches?

1 Like

oh no, they are rushing out TBC soon :frowning:

4 Likes

Are there any plans to assist with realm transfers before Classic TBC launch such as free transfers? Currently there are many highly imbalanced servers which has a very negative impact on the community.

5 Likes

4-6 Vanilla Naxx runs remaining

1 Like

Should strongly consider giving us a soft estimate if it will be before or after May 18th as people have planned their final weeks of ranking based on the datamined date.

2 Likes

I think you have until April 30th.

They are rushing out the PREPATCH soon.

1 Like

Since this will be a long closure can you remove the current cooldowns on peoples accounts? I want to play on the server all my friends are on :frowning:

5 Likes

“Rushing” is very subjective…they seem to be following a similar pattern to EQ classic servers on time unlocks for content, which imo is about the right pace.

Can we please get information on what is happening with these TBC/Classic Era copies and PVP ranking? I know of 2 people who are on track to hit rank 14 on May 18th and this type of question has been a concern from several posters. For reasons like this, it would be good to know.

1 Like

Are you lifting current cooldowns on transfers? Some of us had to transfer servers to find a raid group that fit our needs after our guilds crumbled and we still wanted to run Naxx. Now I need to transfer to another server for my TBC guild.

3 Likes

What is ‘soon’? We now know it won’t be for multiple weeks after they shut down character transfer…which itself won’t be until the 30th.

If I had to guess next month? I mean that’s pretty soon. A couple weeks is nothing.

Its really to early for Blizzard to even think about taking any actions on Forever Classic Server balancing. Once PrePatch occurs and the servers are split, they will have a much better idea of the populations, how many people stayed, how many people cloned, and the rough levels. They will also start to see what the actual active populations are on each server.

Doing anything prior to this would likely not have any positive effects, and could easily make problems worse.

1 Like

This is a good request to make!

2 Likes

I’m just assuming it’s just going to snapshot the character at a random date during this shutdown of transfers so people don’t exploit the snap shotting system. Whatever rank you are during this snapshot is probably what you transfer with

1 Like