Any way to check character transfer cooldown

I’ve transferred several characters between realms in the past few months, and with the release of TBC being so close I was wondering a few things.

1 - Will transfer cooldowns be reset?

2 - Is there any way to check when a specific character will be eligible for transfer again (specifically this character, Kyte on Netherwind).

Not sure if I’ve seen this answered anywhere, but my gut says not to count on it. Those timers are usually hard-coded. Currently there are no transfers at all for Classic as they’re temporarily closed for the upcoming launch of BC.

The only real way for us to check as players is to look at our Transaction History and look for the transfer and the date it took place. I don’t think it shows the specifics for which character you transferred, but it should give you an idea of the date at least :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah for #2 correct, I just don’t remember exactly when I xferred this specific character, I have 6 60’s tied to this battle net account and have about ~10 transfers spanning over the past several months

I can see how that might confuse your ability to check. It looks like you transferred Kyte 4/24 16:57 UTC.

3 Likes

I’m just wondering if the character transfer will be available anytime before TBC at all. I would really like to move my warrior I leveled to 60 to another server so he isn’t stuck on a dead server with no one to play with… feels bad man =(

1 Like

I’m sure it will - they mentioned they were turning it off just temporarily in order to get the character clone creation service prepared, which is coming with the pre-patch. So I’m sure you’ll be able to move your characters pre-TBC for sure, just wish it was possible to get the 90 day CD reset given the, ah, relatively short time frame of the announcement.

EDIT: And thanks Vrak, that’s the date I thought and what aligned with my Paladin as well, but just wanted to check!

2 Likes