Transfer Question

I know in Classic you cannot transfer from a PVE server to a PVP server, but can you transfer from a PVP server to another PVP server?

Yep, PVP to PVP is fine and so is PVP to PVE.

3 Likes

Keep in mind that if you’re planning to do a transfer, you’ll want to make sure you get it done before April 30th. Classic character transfers will be temporarily disabled.

5 Likes

What are you all going to do about the servers that have 80 to 90% one faction and the other 20 to 10% pop. Cause come TBC the servers that have only 60 to 80people on horde side vs the 700+ allies on the other side will not be able to lv without being ganked NON STOP let alone do any raids.

They can’t fix that.

4 Likes

First off, it wouldn’t be a CS decision even if something could be done.

That said, I’m not too sure what you think they could do. Forcefully faction transfer a random set of players to the faction with fewest representation? Lock the creation of the dominant faction?

I can’t imagine that players would be too pleased with either of those options.

Unfortunately, faction imbalance tends to be a player-made problem.

5 Likes

Classic (Vanilla) servers will stay in that version of the game. They will be called Era realms & you can move your character to that version where it will stay just in Classic. They will not advance to TBC.

There will be new server types for TBC. They will be called Progression realms.

You can opt to stay with Classic, move your character on to TBC, or you can clone your Classic character and have it on both versions of the game.

2 Likes

Woes of a PvP server.

In a word, they plan to do nothing. Wanted classic. And TBC. You got it.

1 Like

Ummm they could merg servers. Also it was all Blizz that made the server this way when they open free xfers.

I fail to see how this is at all Blizzard’s doing. Blizzard opened free transfers, they aren’t going to micromanage who gets to transfer and who doesn’t based on Faction.

4 Likes

No, actually “merging” servers is not something that they can just ‘do’. If you mean ‘connecting’ more servers together, then you’ll want to post in the General forums with your suggestion.

Even if they did decide to somehow balance things out, it wouldn’t prevent players from making new characters, transferring off or using faction changes too.

6 Likes

How? PvP realms tend to favor Horde. PvE realms tend to favor Alliance. They aren’t going to mix types to get faction balance.

No, it wasn’t Blizzard. It was the players who transferred. Faction-balance has always been under the control of the players. Players chose what faction to make their characters, not Blizzard. Players chose whether or not to transfer to another realm, not Blizzard.

I remember free transfers being offered once or twice during Vanilla/TBC. Few players took them because they didn’t want to be on the lower-population faction. Faction balance is a player-created issue.

8 Likes

I mean… I suppose Blizzard could remove faction choice from the character creation process, and just assign each character to the underrepresented faction on that server. That would maintain a strict and exact 50/50 faction balance.

Of course, the forums will blow up (again) when players realize that they can’t necessarily play with their friends who were assigned to the opposing faction.

Or continue to let you choose your faction, but prevent you from logging in based on current faction balance at the time of log-in. “Sorry, this realm is currently Alliance-heavy. If you wish to play on this server, log in to a Horde character, otherwise, feel free to play Alliance on another realm.”

6 Likes