WoW Classic Character Transfer Temporary Closure -- April 30

not soon enough, So done with naxx farm. GIVE ME SHAMAN

1 Like

I just tweeted at them asking if it was possible and they said no

The snapshots are likely for the bulk of character data that doesn’t change. Data like race, class, current skills/rep/quests completed, etc. Other data like gold, items, and increases to rep, skills, professions, etc. will be updated incrementally during the transfer period to prevent overloading the servers.

I don’t think that was how it was worded in the article at all.

Players who want to experience the best of both worlds will have the option to unlock both “clones” of each WoW Classic character as an optional paid service, allowing each hero to venture forth into Burning Crusade Classic while their Classic Era character continues their original adventure. Clones are created from a snapshot just prior to the Burning Crusade Classic pre-expansion patch and will not include any additional progress from that point on. This means that if you continue to play your WoW Classic character for some months after and unlock the clone at a later date, it will not include any additional progress past the point of the original capture of your character.

You’re probably correct. I assumed there was going to be a grace period during the pre patch event leading up to the actual release, but they might just do a hard cutoff on X day.

Can we get clarification on whether the 2,000 gold character transfer limit will be changing for TBC?

Nooo this isn’t good for me. I recently transferred two of my characters to different servers to do recon for my guild in case we wanted to do a mass transfer.

I gave myself enough time (by my own scuffed head math) considering the 90 day transfer cooldown to be able to transfer back before or at TBC launch.

I had no idea this would happen and now my characters will be “Snapshotted” to the wrong servers and I won’t be able to use the paid feature where I can have my character in classic era and TBC

Do I need to open a ticket?

Or blizz please lift the 90 day cooldown temporarily so I can transfer back.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t panic just yet. The didn’t really detail their plan for how all this would happen. I’d expect a more detailed blue post soon™.

On the other hand, opening a ticket might make that move along faster.

1 Like

can we get a prepatch date maybe>?

yeah but if the cooldown for the transfer isnt up by the date that they “snapshot” the character than its stuck on the classic era version of whatever realm they are on, not the realm they intended to transfer back to. Seems like an oversite. just allow transfer backs for gm tickets, or lift the 90 day cooldown while they figure out this whole snapshot scenario.

3 Likes

awesome, but can you give us a date for pre patch already???

They had said that the snapshot would occur when pre-patch launched, as that would be the divergent moment where your character would end up with tbc talents etc. Hopefully this means May 2021 Pre-patch!

I feel your pain & am in the same situation, in fact one of my 60’s was cleared to transfer back to my guild’s server on May 1st…if it wasn’t for bad luck I’d have none right?

I asked a GM and on twitter about this sadly they won’t do anything. They will not reduce the CD they will not move the char what’s stuck on that server is stuck untill we can transfer again come it’s return

It will be another asinine date like they did with “CLASSIC SUMMER” hurrrrrrr

August prepatch

1 Like

Unsubbed today, with no plans to resub if I am locked out of moving characters/gear in preparation for TBC. I literally plan my characters around the cooldowns because I have to move items around. This “lock” with NO cooldown refresh royally bones me because I have a lot to do that is contingent on having access to at least 1 more transfer on several of my characters that are on cooldown for another couple weeks.

Since you have told me to go screw myself after I spent several hundred dollars on transfers prepping for TBC alone, you can go screw yourself and expect that I’ll be speaking with my bank about the aforementioned transfers since I was lied to about its availability - false advertising/bait and switch, etc. I would never have purchased them if I knew they would be my last ones pre-TBC.

I’d have stronger words outside of this forum, but not refreshing the cooldown is insane and spits in the face of loyal players that spent MONTHS prepping for the new expansion and were given no notice (less than three months is the same as no notice because there is no action one can take after they’ve already transferred). You have locked me out of actually being able to play TBC properly, and left my goods scattered across realms. I was meticulously planning to have specific items on specific realms and specific characters at the time of the snapshot and have already begun prep (I was planning to copy every one of my Classic characters and play both copies, that is why this is important) - you have made my planning fruitless and a colossal waste of time. To top it off, you have essentially swindled me out of my money with false expectations.

You’re insane. I’m out.

5 Likes

Have you tried opening a ticket? FWIW, asking for a suspension off xfer cooldowns is, I think, a reasonable ask.

1 Like

I am in the same situation as you & I have turned in a ticket as well. I think it will take a number of us opening tickets to have any chance at all of getting them to reconsidered the closing & not refreshing the cool downs currently in place.

1 Like

yeah i dont think its unreasonable to lift the 90 day cooldown with this announcement, plus its only more money for blizzard

1 Like

OK…I received a response to my ticket & was asked to please resubmit is as “Submit a Suggestion” just above “Open a Ticket” which i have now done. Hopefully this will help but mostly it will take more than just me doing it. So come on people…lets not get stranded where we don’t want to be…lets get it together & get some action from the Dev’s to get our collective butts home.