Upcoming Australian Dollar (AUD) Price Changes for World of Warcraft Subscriptions, Game Time, and WoW Tokens

World of Warcraft is played in many regions around the world, and we regularly conduct reviews of the prices of our games and services in all currencies. From time to time, it’s necessary to make changes to certain pricing based on a variety of factors, including global and regional market conditions. Following a careful evaluation, we wanted to provide notice that we’ll soon be adjusting the Australian dollar (AUD) prices for World of Warcraft Subscriptions, Game Time, and WoW Tokens.

The new AUD pricing for World of Warcraft Subscriptions, Game Time, and WoW Tokens, reflected in the table below, will go into effect on 15 December 2020 AEDT. As a courtesy to our current players, all recurring subscriptions as of 11:59 p.m. 14 December 2020 AEDT will keep the previous price until 11:59 p.m. 14 June 2021 AEST.

New Zealand Dollar (NZD) pricing will be unaffected by this price change, and players in New Zealand will continue to purchase digital game software, virtual items, subscriptions, and optional game services at the current NZD pricing.

We know that people have a lot of options for entertainment, and we never take pricing adjustments such as this lightly. We appreciate that players choose to spend their time with World of Warcraft, and we are committed to ensuring the game continues to provide Australian players with great entertainment value.

If you would like to review your World of Warcraft subscription and payment method, you can do so through Blizzard Account Management at any time. If you wish to cancel your World of Warcraft subscription, instructions to do so can be found here.

New Price Starting 15 December AUD
6 Month Recurring Subscription / 180 Days Game Time $103.50 ($17.25 per month)
3 Month Recurring Subscription / 90 Days Game Time $55.80 ($18.60 per month)
1 Month Recurring Subscription / 30 Days Game Time $19.95
WoW Token $27
Blizzard Balance for WoW Token Redemption $20
6 Likes

75 cents more per month, please tell me our government here in aus didnt increase taxes again…

Actually glad i just bought my first ever 6 month sub.

Edit - 3.45 per month extra if paying month by month…feels a little steep, considering its aus only. Its not like we are getting additional services.

16 Likes

Yeah I’ll be cancelling. I’m not getting $20 a month of value, and I won’t be getting $20 a month of value come Shadowlands launch (and I’ve already pre-purchased). I’m a month-by-month because I have a career. Meaning I have a great life outside of World of Warcraft.

52 Likes

Well, here goes a big damper in my coin purse D:

It is the currency exchange. Since our dollar is becoming even more worthless, prices for us Aussies are going up.

2 Likes

Then why do the Kiwis get to stay at the same price? Surely their dollar is worth less than ours

11 Likes

Sadly, worth more than ours :sob:

I’m gonna cry

1 Like

Nz = .69 usd
Aud = .73 usd

Please explain

22 Likes

I guess now we know how you’re making up for the loss of multiboxer subs

37 Likes

well im glad i switched to 6month subs as thats only a 75c increase but a full $3 increase for month to month is stupid

7 Likes

Is this how you’re making up for banning multiboxers?

I’m seriously hoping Shadowlands is worth it!

3 Likes

And they still charge us $65 before even allowing us to give them that $100/year… a ridiculous amount of money in this day and age

10 Likes

My last payments for 6 month sub were $85.80AUD ($14.30 per month).

The new price is a $17.70 increase for a 6 month sub which works out to $2.95 or 23.7% price increase per month.

24 Likes

Yeah i was going of the fact i had been paying 16.50 per month forever and this is the first time i have even bought a 6 month sub so its a 75 cent increase from what im used to.

1 Like

This is absolutely ridiculous and there is absolutely no need for this. You charge less in EU what we pay here. Guess this is just funding your presidents insane pay cheque. Given you paid no tax last year in America this is absolutely scummy. I’ve already purchased shadowlands so now I have no choice but to accept this price hike. Pretty sure this violates some consumer law via undisclosed charges. Will be researching this in some detail to bring to the consumer watchdog.

25 Likes

Australia tax strikes again.

Absolute, unabashed price gouging. Once my sub is over, my time here is over. Thanks for a fun 16 years.

21 Likes

I am not even an aussie and I am pissed off about this. Are you gonna reduce the price if the AUD becomes stronger again? Somehow I doubt it.

50 Likes

No changes when the aud = .59 usd during earlier covid pandemic things.

2 Likes

I was already on the fence re value for money. Thanks for making the choice easier.

Taking more on the left hand while giving worse content with the right isn’t ok. I’ll find my fun elsewhere.

25 Likes

If you do this, that would be absolutely fantastic and would potentially set a really fantastic precedent.

1 Like

It violates nothing because you were just given notification in advance and a link to somewhere to cancel your sub if you dont agree. Blizz isnt that stupid.

5 Likes