Your having a laugh right?

How can you justify the price increase for aus players? I mean the service hasn’t changed, if anything it has gotten worse.

You don’t seem to be making negative profits and you did state that you made record profits this year. Not to mention the mass culling of staff members.

Also the physical collectors edition went up $20.

So please explain to me why you needed to increase the price and maybe ill be ok with it. As far as I can see its another greedy money grab.

Shame on you. Disgusting greedy self indulged humans, get a grip and pull your heads out.

40 Likes

because the value of the australian dollar is lower relative to the value of the american dollar and blizzard is making up the difference

31 Likes

Yep. It’s currently at $1AUD to $.73USD.

Mostly. Things are still slightly cheaper than if you pay in USD.

Edit:
The official post, for the curious.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/upcoming-australian-dollar-aud-price-changes-for-world-of-warcraft-subscriptions-game-time-and-wow-tokens/716670

4 Likes

Not a good enough excuse. If anything that makes it more of a problem.

2 Likes

… what? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

Wait, it’s worse because they’re going to make you pay almost as much as Americans do?

23 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/oiDdmHc.png

5 Likes

what’s a better excuse than “aussies are paying less for the same services that americans are”?

13 Likes

I will answer what others told me when other countries are CONSTANTLY getting their prices increase.

blame your goverment.

5 Likes

My chart doesn’t look like that.

https://i.ibb.co/B4F7Q3s/9-B203286-B5-A6-44-FB-B479-EF016-D8-D9-F6-C.jpg

2 Likes

Interesting how the price only goes up, never down - the AUD was at parity with the USD a while back, subscription prices remained unchanged

15 Likes

logic of the modern world I suppose.

prices go up, paychecks numbers for the common worker stay the same but in the long run it loses value due things costing higher.

3 Likes

your chart is the inverse of anna’s chart <3

3 Likes

it’s just reversed

you started at AUS currency, I started at US currency

edit: look at gaahr using fancy words. “inverse”. showoff :wink:

7 Likes

That’s because your chart is looking at it from the opposite direction. Hers has how much AUD you’d get for $1USD as the Y axis. Yours has how much USD you’d get for $1AUD for the Y axis.

Dagnabbit. This COVID dementia thing is really getting annoying.

I see that now. I’m sorry. My brain doesn’t work anymore. :pensive:

9 Likes

You got the inverse chart.

Maybe read the graph before posting it and claiming that it is different.

1 Like

and in true gaahr fashion, i’m not even sure that “inverse” is the appropriate word to use in this context

3 Likes

Rhielle’s chart probably more clearly illustrates to people who don’t understand how currency exchange rates work, why the AU prices are going up.

y’all can still get the physical collectors edition? its sold out everywhere here.