Will you leave if they raise the sub price?

they have been all over the world. it’s not like america is magically the only nation in the world dealing with covid. we are not any more special in regards to that than any other country.

Depends on how much and if there’s any service improvements along with the price hike. It’s a pretty good bargain though so it’d take a big increase I think.

Really depends on the expansion.

The point is that people can just pay month to month through a sub and nothing changes. The assumption is that they’re eventually going to phase out game time.

Nah, I wouldn’t leave. Honestly, I’m a simp for WoW so as long as I continue to enjoy the game, I will continue to pay.

I think I’m worn out on the subscription price increase discussion especially for us in Australia.

You just have to check out the MASSIVE blue post in Oceanic General Discussion to see that we are certainly not impressed that we’re funding Bobby’s and Ion’s new boat.

People have and will quit. People will be vocal about it and some won’t say a word. Blizzard doing this kind of thing during a global pandemic is probably the worst thing about it. :boom:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/upcoming-australian-dollar-aud-price-changes-for-world-of-warcraft-subscriptions-game-time-and-wow-tokens/716670

2 Likes

I’ll be quitting after my 6 month fee at $12.99/mo if they raise the price even a penny. I’ll just go play diablo 3 until 4 (whenever that comes out). Good luck.

I think blizzard is just milking WoW at this point, low effort, grindy crap no one likes except their shareholders.

3 Likes

yall have one big server and no population to even warrant a niche server like an rp server. you could literally all quit and nothing would change as far as the money blizz is making.

I would pay more if WoW was fun like it was pre-WoD. Since it really isn’t, nope, I won’t pay more and I won’t stay subbed even at the current price. I will slowly level a couple toons and then say goodbye.

1 Like

So because we’re such the minority in your eyes to the big bad USA, we don’t matter? That attitude is the reason stuff like this happens.

You first.

A lot of people if not most don’t want to do that though. Paying every month I mean.

“we’ll charge more to the people that dont have their life/credit in order”

seems all kinds of backwards for a game that pretends to be for everyone.

great philosophy there! /s

pretty much this, already contemplating on quitting…there just isn’t any games out there at the moment that I enjoy. I’ll level a few more characters to 60 to keep around for the next expansion so it’s less painful to level up. (if the next expansion is worth subscribing for / buying).

I’m no longer going to be pre-ordering expansions either from here on out, too risky until it’s proven / vetted by the no lifers who do all these reviews and stuff.

2 Likes

why would i quit? i’ve said they could double my sub in american dollars and i’d still pay. i’m not clutching pearls over paying the rate everyone else is when i’d been paying 3rd world country prices for my sub all along.

Back under your bridge.

just because i disagree doesn’t mean i’m a troll. get real.

Playing for free with tokens , So i guess it won’t matter.

1 Like

you’re actually not playing for free. You could convert your gold into battle.net balance and buy other games like d3/ or d4 in the future or whatever they come out with that will certainly be better than WoW in it’s current state.

Lower and Middle-Class wages also haven’t gone up in 15 years. Inflation argument doesn’t hold as much because of this.

5 Likes

explaining how the token actually works isn’t gonna do much. they’ve decided it’s free and blizz pulls the money out of the air or something and no amount of shoving facts at them will change it. people who say “i pay for free” don’t understand how the token actually works at all.

1 Like