Australian price increase after Shadowlands pre order

What a rip off! It’s bad enough OCE play in ingame darkness and blizzard REFUSE to buff the Jar of Sunwarmed sand (a 24 hour CD is NOT ok especially when it lasts a measly 2 hours and does not persist through death).
Why do they treat us so badly? I am sick and tired of them ignoring us.

Only time they aren’t ignoring us is when they are “buffing” our sub price :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Thanks man. I’ve sent them an email for a bit more info about it. Seems rude to announce a huge player return and then announce they are increasing prices by a fairly hefty amount.

Greed, absolutely greed and not warranted.

3 Likes

Im a returning player. Was already a bit hesitant with the current pricing… this is just ridiculous.
$20 a month seems too much for the content.

4 Likes

16 cents per day extra is a “hefty amount” c’mon bro.

1 Like

Is there a post or more information on this?

Edit, durr, should’ve looked in oceanic forums

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/upcoming-australian-dollar-aud-price-changes-for-world-of-warcraft-subscriptions-game-time-and-wow-tokens/716670

In comparison to the current price, The increase is a fair amount… if you are fine with it it, good for you. Some of us are concerned about the increase of sub prices.
C,mon bro…

1 Like

Refunds are looked at by case per case so you best keep that to yourself and submit your ticket.

Email i got today.
" We are providing notice that we are adjusting the Australian dollar (AUD) prices for World of Warcraft®

As a courtesy for current subscribers, you will keep your current price until 11.59pm [14 June 2021]

The new price for subscriptions is $19.95 AUD for one month, $55.80 AUD for three months ($18.60 AUD per month), and $103.50 AUD for six months ($17.25 AUD per month)."

1 Like

Don’t buy shadowlands don’t support a rubbish greedy company

1 Like

They seen what yall were saying during our election and decided to give you some good old capatalism

You people still pay less than we do.

2 Likes

Can we get a refund? I know we were able to before due to the delayed release date so might still be able to.

Its not a competition. Im talking about the Australian player base.

Okay.

You’ve paid less than us for 16 years. How’s that?

Well it’s about $14.99US for the monthly sub in the USA so I’m sorta surprised we’ve been getting such a good deal. It still werks out a little cheaper at $19.95 when comparing USA currency to AUS. Also if you pay in 6 month blocks it’s cheaper still.

4 Likes

Again, its not a competition. Its about the Australian pricing going up. Would you be fine if your monthly sub went up a few bucks?
We have different economics and costs of living, if you want to be accurate about “we pay more” take that into co sideration too.
This isn’t a who pays more war… this is a thread I was enquiring about refunds due to price increases. Got it?

1 Like

16 year old game asking $19.95 sub fee is a bit rich. Is there not enough people subbed anymore to cover development costs?

2 Likes

6.5b bln USD company making huge profits is hiking up the sub fee for a country mid-recession to consumers

It’s very sad and dirty that they’d do this, especially now. Anyone defending a company sucking more money out of its consumers especially at a time like this is a brainwashed paypig

2 Likes

I’ve applied for a shadowlands refund myself. They might only need 80% retention at the new sub cost to break even if 20% of people leave but I will be 1 of the 20% good luck in shdaowlands ya’ll (finally the excuse I needed to quit)0

1 Like