Uniting of the Eredar People: Draenei, Man'ari, Krokul & Broken

Allow me to preface this post by stating that it is one of passion, and detail. If you do not care to read it all, I ask you refrain from commenting blindly. I have often looked at changes not made to this game, and sat idle. However I cannot shake this passion, that despite the dread and feeling that no matter how much I care, reaching Blizzard’s ear with any effectiveness is a long arduous, even herculean endeavor. I have to try when it comes to this. I simply have to try.

With the addition of Draenei Warlocks we are seeing a fundamental shift in what we as long time players have felt were insurmountable boundaries, set by Lore. However, Lore is our reference to established past, and can only ever be a guide to the uncertainty that all futures bring.

Times have changed, as they always will, and in many aspects should. Regardless of their past, it is clearly time for the Draenei, the Man’ari, the Krokul and the Broken, to shed their splintered and fractured divides and unite once again, as one people under the guardianship of their last true leader, one that for millennia upon millennia has persisted above and beyond to see his people endure. It is time to gather under a new philosophy of existence and unity going forward, under an old and historically turbulent name, it’s time for our people to once again claim the name, Eredar.

Velen has had many of his views shaken and challenged by his close, though unlikely friend, Illidan Stormrage. Velen’s eyes have been opened beyond that which many in the light find a blinding truth, Illidan has shown that there is more to Fel than the blatant, wanton destruction many stubbornly akin it to. As such, the Draenei, his own people, are learning to harness this power for the expansion of knowledge that the longest lived mortal race strives to scribe.

I propose this, as it has plagued me beyond measure of time, or exhaustive thought. That with the absolving of such a foundational, and obscured view on Fel. The segregation of the Eredar people dissolves as well. That during a future patch, in this WoW Expansion of many firsts, the Eredar Heritage Armour Questline depicts a uniting of the aforementioned Draenei, Man’ari, Krokul and Broken, with WoW’s first Player Race Name Change, from Draenei, to Eredar. There is no need to comb through every item or NPC that refers to Draenei, or Man’ari, or Krokul, those are now artefacts of times past, and should be left in the past where they belong.

Furthermore, with the upcoming 10.1.5 Eredar Warlock Update, I submit that to begin this momentous evolution of our beloved Azeroth, the Man’ari Red, Purple and Orange Felskin, and Fel-Eye Options become available for player use in all classes, and that in the future, Krokul and Broken options become available as well. We are all one people now, we are all Eredar. It’s time for it to become Lore, it’s time to look beyond petty segregation, and see our people as Velen now can. As one. Brought together through shared philosophy and morality, even if there are still those among our brothers and sisters who are lost.

There are already several small and growing threads, in support and discussion over different aspects of what I have spoken of here today. If you question the expansion of player options, if you refute truth with individual perception, and if you deny that more than cosmetically, the Eredar people deserve to feel whole again, then I ask that you simply ignore this post, rather than spread ignorance or selfishness. I have always hoped for the expansion of cosmetic freedom of Playable Races and creative freedom of the Players themselves. The Eredar are not unique in my passion for this, I am simply getting started.

Below are just some of the dozens of forum threads, growing by the day, and even from months and years past. Discussing, pleading, hoping, for changes like I have compiled here today, as aspirations of my own, aspirations we all share.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/manari-eredar-customization-skin-color-for-draenei/1605755

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/we-need-more-%E2%80%9Csubraces%E2%80%9D-customizations-and-more-raceclass-combos-for-dragonflight/1336256

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/give-us-more-subraces-customizations-for-core-races/1239405

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/draenei-eredar-skin/1590888

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/warlock-and-draenai-facts/1593603

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/why-people-are-getting-mad-about-warlock-restriction-being-lifted/1590265

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/the-draenei-heritage-quest-would-be-the-best-time-to-welcome-our-red-kin-back/1587670

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/draenei-warlocks/1587245

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/draenei-warlocks/1580637

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/man%E2%80%99ari-eredar-customization-for-draenei/1559166

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/draenei-warlocks-and-eredar-skin-colors/1479092

12 Likes

A lot more customisation freedom needs to happen in WoW. Long overdue. Not to mention other games (cough cough WoW’s direct competitor that people flocked to after Blizz’s walk of shame) do customisation so much better.

So I agree that things need to change with character freedom of expression. You’d think this company would care about such things.

5 Likes

I support this. Add the Man’ari, Krokul, and Broken as customization options to the Draenei. Also, they should rename the race to Eredar on the character creation screen.

3 Likes

Agreed, there’s been a long road trudged by Role-Players, Cosmetic & Aesthetic Enthusiasts, and those like myself, who look at a thing so simple, sensible and aesthetically pleasing of an idea, and wonder how in hell it wasn’t implemented, Transmog collecting has been a battle in and of itself for decades, completionism aside.

While these issues are prevalent, let’s make sure to focus our efforts here to that of the Eredar and Draenei.

Another Thread will be posted soon regarding some of the issues with Character Customisation. I’d welcome your correspondence regarding your raised points over there.

2 Likes

Here here! An NPC that lets us pick from among several racials aswell please. Lights Judgment, Gift of the Naruu, Elemental Shield (krojul… increase hp, 3% absorb for X). And Fel Devestation - a powerful AoE dot similar to Lights Judgment. Abilities like demonbane can simply remain. Eredar understanding and battling and commanding demons regardless will simply be more effective combating them.

Much like Zandalari pick their loa abilities.

3 Likes

I’m glad to read of such support, honestly. Yes, as stated originally, I concur.

WoW’s firsts should continue to roll out in more than just new content. And the renaming of a Player Race due to massively significant Lore Events is a first that I fully endorse, and would gleefully appreciate.

From Heritage Armour Quest Patch, and then on. Draenei, Man’ari, Krokul and Broken, should all be referred to in future content as Eredar. Character Customisation Screen, Player Frame Tooltips, in game text, and NPC Dialogue, and all.

Light, Fel, Arcane and Elements, guide us all.

3 Likes

There is a wealth of lore to flesh out there. WoD was a pretty good expansion for players who find this interesting. A bit in Legion as well.

3 Likes

This is an brilliant idea, and a very clever way to express each aspect of the Eredar’s many diversities. I love the idea of returning either to said NPC, or to a particular shrine or alter, to use our new Eredar Racial “Communion” from which we gain our appropriate Racial Ability from either Light, Fel, Elements or Arcane.

I did at the time thoroughly appreciate this addition of Loa Selection for Zandalari Trolls, having an Alliance equivalent would be a true boon to the Eredar Experience.

Thank you for your contribution!

3 Likes

I’m for a Questline tae unlock Man’ari Eredar options fer Draenei and LF Draenei tae go with tha new Warlock Class. Maybe somethin’ regardin’ Velen reachin’ out tae some o’ tha Man’ari who only joined tha Legion out o’ fear. Could also be used fer Draenei Heritage Armor.

5 Likes

True that there’s a plethora of cultures and their own Lores established that are dis-serviced by what feels like abandonment for either the expanding of new Lore or focus elsewhere. More to your point, and the point of the thread, it would be interesting to see resources go towards reforming the Genedar in it’s full glory as an Eredar Capital.

This also could be our main hub of operations during the much anticipated, Light & Void War coming to an Azeroth near you. After a couple more grounded expansions while we recover from that Shadowlands debacle.

2 Likes

I saw the other post. I will make a comment there to add to that conversation. Thanks.

1 Like

This is along the lines of exactly what I’m hoping for, yes.

After the events of Legion, we don’t hear much from Velen. My hope is that in his mourning for the loss of Kil’Jaeden his last brother, and his new found and unlikely friend (Illidan Stormrage), he took time to consider that not all who walk in paths outside the light are lost, but perhaps walking along side it, ultimately to the same destination.

In this prophetic epiphany, realizes that as the last surviving leader of the Draenei, it is his responsibility to unite all who were abandoned, used, tortured, and corrupted, if they so choose, they will not be turned away.

The Prophet Velen:
“My people. Long have we stood divided in our unyielding struggle to survive, long have we tolerated the unforgivable acts my brothers forced upon you. On this day, seven years ago, not only did we defeat and repel the Dark Titan, not only did we quell Kil’Jaeden’s hold upon our homeland, but we did do it all alone!”

“I found wisdom, in a new friend, and guidance from old ones. Illidan Stormrage, showed me that not all paths that walk to protect this world, are shone in the light. Chieftain Hatuun, a friend I though long since perished, survived uncountable hardships surviving impossible odds for his people.”

“I have been humbled as I hearken this lessons, showing me that which I have been too blind to see, blinded by faith, or perhaps by fear and rage… We… are all Eredar. A people that have since been harbingers of evil and hatred, but were once a people united in faith, and the pursuit of knowledge and peace.”

“It is time. Time to unite what is left of our people, scattered across the stars in our millennia long fight to survive. We are no longer Draenei, we are no longer Krokul, we are no longer… Man’ari. Any and all among you who chose a new life for yourself, and for our people, unite under our true name. We are all Eredar once more.”

With that as part of the Eredar Heritage Armour Questline, players notice that in the character selection screen, the player race “Draenei” has been changed to “Eredar”.

A first for WoW and an awesome way to make us feel more engaged with the Lore of the Warcraft Universe.

4 Likes

A uniting of the races sounds magnificent. May the Goat Empire rise, and all Eredar rejoice.

3 Likes

Posting to support the request.

I think we’re long over due for Broken Draenei and Man’ari customizations.

2 Likes

Playable Broken should not be a problem as this toy has already enabled that.

I’m not sure if they have done any work on Man’ari customisation.

1 Like

Man’ari are already in the game. Simply go to Argus, Red, Dark Purple, and Orange Man’ari skins are used for plenty of NPCs, including Velens Son, who we had to destroy during Legion.

Those skins are perfect, for Warlock Players, as there are fissures of Fel Energy crackling through their hands, hooves, horns and faces. The only work to be done, would perhaps work to offer those same skins with removed Fel Effects. Simple retain the skin tones for less demonic options.

As per your point;

There is a toy for them as well as their own “Gift of the Naaru” like forehead sigil, see below.

1 Like

Would love to see Man’ari skin colors / eye colors with the addition of warlock.

2 Likes

This is certainly the hope, though it would essentially require the Eredar Heritage Armor Questline to follow soon behind, in order to make as much sense as possible for there being Man’ari among our ranks out of no where.

We saw with our own eyes the lessons Velen learned in his time with Illidan, fighting together on Argus.

We learn in Legion that there was always the potential for Eredar to learn the ways of the Warlock, long before the Legion even arrived on Argus. However in their old ways of thought this was punishable by death.

And we know that if one agrees to serve the Legion, willfully or not, they are bound until their master is killed, or much less likely, releases them.

The Man’ari are free after millennia, for many this would likely be a relief, for others a displacement that sends them further into madness and chaos.

But for those who were bound and subservient only through fear, anger or pain, and are now looking for repentance, a place to call home, and a people to call their own again…

Velen is the last of their great leaders. Fel is no longer what it once was, in his eyes and as a whole. The greatest lesson in a world of such forces is that power is only power, without direction it simply exists. Which direction it takes, is in the hand of the beholder.

Let the Eredar reclaim their namesake and allow it to become a beacon of knowledge and prosperity once more. But this time, with new perspective and philosophy.

Light, Fel, Arcane and Elements, be with you.

1 Like

I was going to open a thread, but I found this one. Despite being old, it is well structured and clearly explains how I feel about Draenei and their racial brethren.

So good news, we now have Man’ari customizations, and even their racial looks different, which is awesome.

We now need Broken/Krokul added as an allied race. And Draenei need the option to change their racial tooltip to Eredar.

Please, thank you :pray:t3:

4 Likes

Thank you, Elysele. For your perspective and added ideas to the thread. I apologise for not replying sooner, it’s as you said, an old post. :sweat_smile:

Yes, we do indeed have limited * Man’ari Customisations, it’s unfortunate that they didn’t offer the standard Argus Man’ari skins as well as these less bold, diluted copies, if you will. But they are here, and I do love them.

To examine and discuss your aspiration, an aspiration I, and many others share with you. Krokul and/or Broken, Allied Races.

Now, if it was Legion, BFA or even Early Shadowlands, I would have, at that time, wholeheartedly agreed with adding more Allied Races. However with 11.0 on the horizon, and our third Dwarf Reskin on the way, I would submit that Allied Races are somewhat burdensome and overdone, or at least becoming so.

I believe that there is an elegant solution, but it requires work. Having an over-arching Racial Title from which we open a “Sub-Race Selection Menu” allowing us to select, in this case, “Eredar”, subsequently, a secondary menu would open, showing you the options for Draenei, Man’ari, Krokul, or Broken. As well as any other sub-species Blizzard chooses to grace us with in the future.

Other examples under this new system could be options such as:

Humans:
-Alterac Heritage Human
-Dalaran Heritage Human
-Gilnean Heritage Human (This would include pure and Worgen Blood Gilneans.)
-Kul Tiran Heritage Human
-Lordaeron Heritage Human (Potential for this to include Forsaken if/when Faction Restrictions are abolished.)
-Stormwind Heritage Human (Default)
-Stormgrade Heritage Human

Orcs: (This includes both Tainted and Mag’har Orc Variations of the Clans.)
-Blackrock Clan Orc
-Burning Blade Clan Orc
-Dragonmaw Clan Orc
-Frostwolf Clan Orc
-Laughing Skull Clan Orc
-Shadowmoon Clan Orc
-Shattered Hand Clan Orc
-Warsong Clan Orc

This allows for a wide variety of Racials and fun and unique customisations. Dalaran Heritage Humans could for example have a Racial that is a Spin-Off of “Will to Survive” such as “Mind over Matter” that would denote a more Arcane related buff in comparison.

This would simultaneously add variety, while also condense the populated and ever growing list of Playable Races into more organised and expandable categories, and I feel, it would also mitigate some of the sting of hearing “New Race” and seeing, yet another reskin, standing on their lonesome and expecting a standing ovation when it’s just more of the same.

It would also quell the ridiculous practice of charging players to switch races unnecessarily, as it does within the current System. Especially between races such as Human and Kul Tiran Human, Orc and Mag’har Orc, Troll and Zandalari Troll, Dwarf and Dark Iron Dwarf, etc.

Thank you again for your contribution to the discussion, Elysele. I have very few posts, but many many ideas. I hope to discuss those with you, and anyone else, on their own appropriate threads in the future.

3 Likes