Succubus is sexist please remove/ incubus incoming

Edit: I would like to give credit to the first person on this thread to suggest the compromise.

Rorrand!

UPDATE: Blizzard has given their answer this matter. There will be an incubus glyph added to create parity. I believe that is a direct result of the discussion we’ve had over the past few months, as that was the most popular suggestion many of you had.

I will include a link to the article where Blizzard addresses this. We did it fam. We did it.

Love,

Lokath

As the title suggests, the succubus demon/warlock pet needs to be removed from the game. It perpetuates a harmful stereotype of female subservience. Additionally, she is barely wearing any clothes.

Now is the time. Times up.

Edit: With the removal of /spit, this is more likely than not to happen.

More evidence that supports blizzard removing or editing the succubus.

More evidence that changes for the betterment of the game are being made. This is progress people.

Edit: so there has been a lot of discussion, at least SOME was constructive. Maybe there can be some kind of compromise. I.E. glyphs, add an incubus, put actual armor on the succubus, etc…. There have been too many people not taking this seriously enough, and several trolls have resorted to attacking me instead of discussing the topic at hand.

116 Likes

really? ur offended at a demon servant girl thats had that image since before u were born? gg dude

edit: holy crap i wasnt even expecting this many likes ty all :smiley:

772 Likes

Also remove all non classic undead please. They offend mine ocular orbs.

138 Likes

I really hope Blizzard doesn’t remove Murlocs, just because they wear no clothes :frowning:

264 Likes

Just remove yourself from the game instead, OP.

574 Likes

Or, alternatively, just add the incubus that was promised nearly a decade ago.

Edit: VICTORY!!!

188 Likes

The succubus is wearing what she wants and is the one agreeing to be summoned by us.

That’s quite progressive if you ask me

328 Likes

Quick, remove the furries. Now’s our chance.

126 Likes

Considering he recent revelations of sexual misconduct and the objectification of women at blizzard, I would think the community would be more accommodating to correcting the perpetuation of harmful stereotypes.

15 Likes

Disagree. We need to go the opposite direction and add some eye candy for the ladies.

127 Likes

First we need to remove Night Elf Death Knights. If we’re talking order of priorities.

18 Likes

This isn’t correcting anything. It’s you trying to delete stuff from the game. Just quit and go away.

157 Likes

Yea it is correcting. Welcome to 2021. That old sexist stuff doesn’t fly anymore.

8 Likes

Do we even have to estalk op to see a legit pvp resume. SInce it be the only place they are really used since most times you’d succubi CC it won’t work in pve.

that and your raid or dungeon will probably, if nice, say you got 10 seconds to go to imp or void before the vote kick starts.

8 Likes

It’s not sexist and what you’re asking for is to censor the damn game. Don’t like it? Quit. Bye. You won’t be missed.

160 Likes

Rosenivy’s point stands as they are indeed higher level than you Lokath, therefore assume Warlock superiority.

:man_shrugging:

Such is life with the fel.

14 Likes

It’s quite trivial some Westerners do not understand what exactly is a Succubus. :smirk:

49 Likes

A half naked woman with a whip called into existence to do our bidding.

6 Likes

Pushing for better, broader, and more comprehensive representation of women does not mean the absolute eradication of anything and everything that’s a touch risque.

If succubi were the only representation of women WoW had to offer, that’d be a huge problem. Removing Succubi from the game explicitly because they’re “sexy” sends the exact opposite message that you claim to be trying to send.

Are you saying that all women must dress modestly or else they are offensive? You realize there are a number of extremely conservative parts of the world that enforce social norms like that, right? I don’t think we want to be like them.

143 Likes

Heck if I recall. Warlocks pretty much paid the succubus with a heart.

27 Likes