Spell Batching Vs Seal of Command - Bugged Interaction

As far as I’m aware, when you seal twist command you can’t get the other seal to proc on both the white and yellow hit. If you swap to SoC it procs off the white hit and has to be timed at the end of the last swing. If you swap from SoC you might get something if you time it right a little later without a bar.

That is the issue. Seal twisting has always worked best when you swap from SoC because it’s the only way to get the second seal to proc on the command proc. Classic makes this interaction impossible. A clarification from blizzard would be great as missing out on that double SoJ proc chance and that extra SoR damage off the white hit minimum sucks.

4 Likes

2017 says hello

also, get in line

tldr - i don’t even play anymore because of the monkey coding that is Classic - the fact that you think the devs will fix this report or any other of the multiple paladin bugs or that a CM will answer your reporting me is cute to say the least

1 Like

NobleshieldToday at 12:17 PM

if (class == "PALADIN") { return; /* kek */ }

4 Likes

mmm yes sadly that seems to be the case… i guess once again it comes down to waiting and seeing if the devs actually fix what is definitely a bug.

However given the not virtual but literal lack of relevant bug fixes for multiple months now… I would bet that at best Classic now has only a skeleton if any crew running maintenance and bug fixes, with the majority of its staff being tasked with either the release of new content, and the release of The Burning Crusade.

This bug however is one which affects paladins in Classic and then ramps up to a far greater effect and scale in The Burning Crusade, so it is one which will only get more apparent and impactful with time passing… with the advent of Seal of Blood and SoB+SoC Twisting in the TBC… based on that knowledge of what is to come, and the knowledge that this bug wont be swept under the rug with the end of classic and will more then likely be reported multiple times throughout TBC, you would hope that it would at least be slated for attention and consideration in the near future. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

One can only hope. Well, if this post gets to 1000 replies by the time the devs get back it’ll at least be looked at by an intermediary.

4 Likes

haha very true, hmmm all of these new issues with spell batching zg and trading enchants… more and more issues popping up with this last-minute blanket system of Classic “spell-batching” which they implemented instead of actually attempting to recreate the original system… I wonder how they will address these issues now…

more then likely a quick fix resolution which requires minimum financial investment or scripting time and applies instant resolution purely to the enchants, rather then the comprehensive overhaul which needs to take place to make the spell batch system actually resemble the original games batching mechanic.

3 Likes

Because paladins bad is vanilla apparently.

2 Likes

I wouldnt say paladins are bad, unfortunately paladins are a class where the beauty lies in the detail, e.g reckoning and seal of command… and seemingly small bugs which would at first glance and at a surface level would appear to have a minimal impact, can actually prove to be severely impactful to the class and completely alter the way in which it should perform.

3 Likes

Damn, blizzard finally responds to a lot of bug reports but nothing about paladins. If it isn’t nerfing paladins it isn’t worth mentioning.

4 Likes

Well, yeah, I mean i agree. It feels like whenever paladins find something fun, though, it gets nerfed. And it feels like it gets nerfed mostly because everyone’s opinion of paladin is that, in classic, they’re bad.

3 Likes

haha well I mean it certainly does feel like blizzard have only bothered to fix paladins when they bugged in a beneficial way, and have ignored every single fix which would actually strengthen the class and make it function correctly :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Unfortunately still no responses or testing of the bug it seems…

3 Likes

They haven’t fixed glaringly obvious bugs from release. I really don’t think they even need this forum up anymore because it’s clear they’re just taking our sub-fees and laughing on the way to the bank.

4 Likes

Please spend some of your fat stacks of sub cash on paying developers to address these issues and community folks to regularly provide replies.

You make millions of dollars, just do it.

4 Likes

Blizzard doesn’t get to make the decisions. Activision tells blizzard that they need to cut back -> blizzard can’t go against the wishes of ignorant money grubby pigs (US law or should I say a single court case forced businesses to be this way) -> customer dissatisfaction that doesn’t eat into quarterly reports being favorable.

7 Likes

At this point it seems as if the team no longer cares about developing classic towards actually matchig the original game, they seem to have adopted the mentality that they dont care about actually finishing it and that this recreation is “close enough”, whether that stems from beuracraric decision making, a lack of funding, resource allocation, or a lack of passion and general apathy whos to say, but given the general lack of posts or bug fixes by any representative in the last few months, and the continuous stream of unaddressed bug reports, it seems as if this may be the final “version” of this recreation… i guess at this point we can just hope that on the release of TBC and with a fresh allocation of funding and resources, we will finally see the seemingly infinitely growing list of issues with the game finally rectified…

5 Likes

I would pay any wow developer to have this fixed.

4 Likes

Still bugged :frowning:

2 Likes

Blizzard doesn’t care about the nuances of the game

2 Likes

I really wish this would be addressed… especially with Classic nearly reaching its final stage and TBC on the horizon :frowning:

1 Like