Personal loot is harmful to the game IMO

There are certainly average casuals who speak up. But the fact that elite players are overrepresented on certain pet issues is hardly a reason to cater to them on any of those issues.

What is good for elites may be bad for the majority of players in the game, or for the game itself.

Nah. The reason they removed it was to make raids last longer. The idea that personal loot is bad for casuals makes no sense.

I’d like to see ML return for guild groups, so that loot can be given to people who benefit the most from it. My issue with personal loot is you can’t trade it if the game deems it an upgrade. Even something that’s 3 item levels but has awful stats it won’t let me trade away. There’s been a few times I have gotten a downgrade stat wise and have been unable to give it away to someone.

1 Like

I love how you accidentally described master loot perfectly.

What?

Right but it’s not about what everyone agrees too. It’s about one person (raid leader) deciding who the loot should go too. That’s a dumb system which is probably why you’re in favor of it.

Also I love how you start to hurl insults at me because I don’t like master loot lmao. Sad to see

We used an excel sheet with tabs for each class which got tossed around (predated google docs by several years) which was janky as hell and caused drama more than once when the copy that got sent around ended up being a couple of weeks old or accruals didn’t get saved due to someone’s computer crashing and things like that. I wouldn’t be surprised if guildmates weaponized DKP knowledge but I wasn’t savvy enough to pick up on it at the time (yay for being a hapless high schooler).

The point of personal loot is the loot is the for the player that received it, not for anyone else, unless said player wants to give it away. It’s theirs to do with what they want, be it de, destroy, vendor or wear. No one has any right to that loot.

Faulty assertions won’t undo this change. Good luck with your crusade though!

Also a forum search is great to see if a topic has been beaten to death (or if you just want to add to the heap-o-steaming pile for funsies).

You’re the type of people no one wants in a group. Enjoy your pugs.

1 Like

We used DKP back then, but it was mostly just kind of there. I remember talking about loot in the class channels to decide who we wanted to default particular drops to should they actually drop, just to save time on passing out loot.

I haven’t received loot in months but am having fun, making friends and killing bosses.
Wonder which of us is right.

Thank you for being my example, I knew someone would. Top progression guilds aren’t hurt by these loot reductions. They do split raids. They buy out entire server groups BOE supply. They make multiple of their same toon.

CASUALS suffer from every change Blizzard makes trying to curb top progression groups. They just don’t realize it at first. Have you really missed the deluge of whining from casuals on these forums for the horrible drop rates in Shadowlands?

Uh no. You realize the raid leader can’t force you to raid with them right? Simply by being there and empowering the raid leader to complete the content, you’re agreeing to the set group rules.

And I didn’t insult you. I stated a possible reason why you might not like it. I even described it as one of TWO options. If you took it personally, that means you automatically placed yourself in that second option. Not my fault.

Sorry to hear that, good on you for TRYING with limited knowledge. But you failing to implement the system correctly doesn’t mean it’s a bad system.

A rather silly complaint considering this forum has rules against necro’ing threads. It’s not like those posts are current. Besides this many threads on the subject means multiple people have issues with it.

Then clearly, you do not need ML, because it is not affecting the core experience of making friends, having fun and downing bosses.

You can’t down bosses if luck favors a couple of people get lucky drops and everyone else remains undergeared.
Common sense is hard.

The current formula is working for you (obviously), so why on earth would you need a change? Seriously, why?

I mean I didn’t have much luck getting loot while I was raiding either but that’s just bad luck. I never said I wasn’t having fun raiding lol. What’s your point?

The formula was working fine for me in Legion, but that argument didn’t work then so why should it now?

I remember well the days when people ninja’d the loot I needed from random normal dungeons when I was leveling in order to disenchant it using my enchanting skills. Those were the glory days, when YOU were able to roll on anything and everything you wanted, because personal loot didn’t exist and surely the devs wanted you to take loot from casuals who didn’t deserve it, right?

Op, your just mad bc you have good standing with your guild and would most likely just been given gear.

Personal loot is better.

3 Likes

I agree. Master loot allowed raiders to leapfrog ahead of casuals. The raids are tuned for progression raiders, and even at the normal level were harder because of master loot. As was world content.

1 Like

That’s not master loot, that’s need before greed.

You’re complaining about the wrong system buddy.

The thread is titled “Personal loot is harmful to the game IMO”. It’s about how personal loot shouldn’t exist because it’s bad for the game.