Hey guys,

So I’ve been working on trying to gear my main for raiding and I’ve noticed some potential issues with Personal Loot.

I’ve been running normal Mythic’s for gear along with Mythic+ instances and the new raid - Castle Nathria with my guild. As a result, I’ve noticed I’ve had very poor luck with gear dropping for me.

These past (2) weeks alone, I’ve ran every Mythic on normal trying for gear, Done several Mythic+ and killed (5) bosses in the raid. During this time, Only (2) pieces of gear has dropped that I could use.

Tonight, In the Castle Nathria raid, I’ve gotten zero drops of loot so far. So, I’m suggesting that badluck protection be implemented for those that cannot seem to get gear such as myself.

Badluck protection would help those that are trying to keep up with their guild raid groups for progression. Last expansion, I had to pay for carries due to loot not dropping for me as well. And I really don’t want a repeat of this during this expansion.

Anyways, Just feeling loot should be dropping more for everyone. Kind of sucks when you do a raid or dungeon and no loot drops at all.

Any thoughts on this are welcome! :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Blizz decided we needed less loot, so that’s where we’re at. Start saving your gold (or irl $ for tokens) now!

Oh I feel your pain. I’m lucky that I was able to be traded some drops from guild mates

We definitely needed another thread about loot

1 Like

Well the colored pixel fairy is stingy now due to years of distributing the goods too liberally for about a decade now

2 Likes

I wouldn’t hold my breath. The short version is that they reduced drop rates because they removed TF/WF.

The long version: A few expansions ago (WoD, I believe), they noticed what happened every content patch was that people would run the latest raid until they were all geared up and then stop becaus they couldn’t get anything better. Titanforging/Warforging was introduced to combat this. With those, people kept running content longer because you could pretty much always get an upgrade. Even if you had full BiS, chances are it wasn’t all TF gear.

A few expansions later (Shadowlands), they decided to remove TF/WF. They still don’t want people raiding for a few weeks and quitting though, so they reduced drop rates. Instead of gearing up quickly and hoping for TF pieces in future runs, it just takes longer to gear up.

4 Likes

Bad luck protection is definitely something I can get behind, but Blizzard probably considers the problem solved with the Great Vault.

3 Likes

I would complain about loot, but it’s real hard to complain about something you are not getting.

4 Likes

My personal experience with gearing so far this expansion has been alright. It feels a little slow but not obnoxiously so, although I wish that Legendary powers that dropped from dungeons would drop a little more frequently if not be guaranteed drops the way the ones from finishing a wing of Torghast on Layer 3+ are.

That said, yes, I agree with some form of bad luck protection. If you raid, PVP, and run M+, it’s still possible that over the course of a whole week you only receive one piece of loot - your Vault item. There are 15-16 gear slots, so even if you never get a duplicate drop, that’s still 4 months to gear up if you get utterly hosed by RNG. The more you gear up, the higher the chance of a duplicate, so…yeah.

I am going to hazard a guess that the average player’s experience is fine and probably in line with what Blizzard wants. The occasional player gets lucky and jumps the gear curve a little, but that’s countered by the occasional player getting hosed. Bad luck protection should help the latter out. The extreme cases. That’s it.

1 Like

I’ve seen a lot of people on the forums support some sort of bad luck protection similar to badges, thing is the soonest we would probably see it put in is 9.1, and that’s if blizzard decides to anyways

There should be some type of universal currency/tokens given for doing activities that you can exchange for gear.

I wouldn’t mind if the Badge of Justice and Valor Points made a return. It def helped me gear in Cataclysm.

If a system like this return have Badge of Justice drop from Normal and Heroic dungeons, While Valor Points would drop from Mythic instances, Mythic+, and Raids.

Let’s call it gwold and make it shiny yellow. Let’s also call the place we can exchange gwold for gear the Moction House and the Frayed channel.

1 Like

That you could use? Or overall?

Overall. And it was gear I could use. Every other boss I killed had no drops for me at all.

Okies, just wanted clarification there, because it was vague to me. Thanks!

I spent 4 whole days plus 2 days of raid of my WoW time clearing content to get zero… I repeat ZERO loot…

Last week, Tuesday - Friday I did 5- 7 hours a day Spamming M+, around 25+ hours no loot so I thought raid weekend be better, 2 days 2.5 hours to raid, cleared 10/10 N no loot… literally I invested so much time trying so hard to better my character for nothing… it so disheartening.

Also it’s good to see a MVP actually not defending Blizzard as some recently have and actually try to better the game.

2 Likes

Part of me is wondering if this loot system is to mimic classic, since that was a roaring success in terms of sub count and money.

1 Like

You’re better off paying gold for carries with loot traders because they will likely time the dungeon if M+ / essentially guarantee at least 1 drop for you.

Essentially these loot changes just make paid carries even more lucrative for the sellers because of people short on time or who do not want to spend days farming for a single drop.

^This.

People need to stop parroting that removing WF/TF had anything to do with this. If that was the issue, they could have dialed back to pre-Throne of Thunder levels. Instead, they dialed loot back to Burning Crusade levels.

1 Like