Layers Added to Realms -- Updated 2:00 p.m. PDT June 5

2:00 p.m. PDT June 5

At this time, we’re enabling a second layer for the Arugal and Faerlina realms, in order to alleviate recent, unexpected queues.

1:00 p.m. PDT May 28

Over the next few minutes, we’re enabling a second layer for the Herod and Whitemane realms. This is a step we’re taking very carefully to make it so that players can enjoy playing on those realms during peak hours.

It has been a very high priority for us to understand why, after we de-layered ten realms on May 14, these two realms reversed course and experienced this, while the others did not. We will continue to pay very close attention to this situation and make adjustments to the game service as necessary.

As before, Herod and Whitemane remain restricted from the Character Transfer service.

39 Likes

they probably reversed courses for two reasons:

1. There’s a large amount of serious raiding types on both servers that have to keep multiple accounts active for their guild.

and

1. there’s a lot of bot farming going on (at least on whitemane)
17 Likes

Thank you!
I have a family and the last week of taking time away to make sure I could raid or farm or pvp brought me to cancel my subscription. I will be renewing it. Thank you!

Yes, please take a look at the extreme botting that is going on, but thank you for addressing the quality of life problem for thousands of your customers!

9 Likes

Also, Thank you so so so much for this;

next time please don’t remove layers without some type of warning and plan in place to help prevent the exponential growth of people logging in earlier and earlier just to be ready to raid.

6 Likes

Disappointing.

18 Likes

thank god.

11 Likes

Thank you. Not everyone can stay logged in for five + hours then worry about getting kicked out in order to be at raid on time. Please leave them until there’s a viable long term solution. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Great news! Good job Blizzard

4 Likes

Chortlepie.

I miss the old whitemane, the long queues Whitemane

2 Likes

Oh yeah, it really sucks that we won’t be able to log in to play the game we pay for during primetime, that BLOWS!

20 Likes

easly 1k+ bots running on whitemane

27 Likes

Thanks for doing the right thing. My guess is that if you are able to tackle the bots problem effectively on whitemane, layering won’t be necessary.

8 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Trying to get 40 people online for raid through 1k-3k queues has been nightmarish. People severely discouraged, on the verge of quitting the game. This will help immensely.

Thank you!

6 Likes

If you ban the 100s-1,000s of bots on whitemane the queue wouldn’t be long and we wouldn’t need layers. Stop new character creation and ban the bots

15 Likes

Cool, can we restrict char creation and ban all the bots next so that you can keep layering off and we don’t have a professional botting operation on both of our servers?

Thanks.

12 Likes

Thank you for listening.

I predicted that we would be back to this point weeks ago when layers were removed again. Human behavior is changed the moment there is a queue… when that happens people will log in and stay logged in AFK to avoid queues thus creating an artificially large queue as nobody is logging off for breaks.

Fix the rough edges with layer abuses and leave them in place, transferring off the server is not the answer or solution.

4 Likes

Thank you! You saved my team! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

This, but also for Herod.

2 Likes