Feign Death + Trap Bug

Never said it was the same.

/stopattack
/petfollow
/cast feign death

manual traps

Yeah, I’m gonna need to see a video then because all these people can’t possibly be doing it wrong. And I have pretty much the same macro as you except the cast trap at the end with a [nocombat] flag so spamming it should be the same result. I can do it manually but always have to factor in the delay. I really find it incredulous that you can do this 100% in the heat of the moment while manually trapping lol.

1 Like

So if it’s not the same then this is a issue regardless if you can really get it to work or not

I’m level 36 and didn’t even train fd since I didn’t wanna waste the gold😐

Hey everybody, I wanted to take a minute to talk about Feign Death. Hunters are understandably very concerned about the behavior of such an iconic ability, with a variety of important uses, and I want to assure you that we’re aware of your reports and we’re investigating. This one isn’t easy at all. In our reference builds, many of the same behaviors that players are reporting do occur, but sometimes with slight differences in timing or consistency, which makes it really difficult to even identify a clear bug in the first place. However, despite this difficulty we have made some progress here.

The first issue is that Feign Death cancels when you move, including if you turn, and very often high-skill hunters are running from an opponent, turning to shoot behind them, and then Feign Death to drop a trap. It some of these cases, Feign Death is failing because the spell-cancel on turning is more sensitive in WoW Classic than it was in 1.12. We’ve tracked down why it’s more sensitive, and we’re testing a change now that relaxes the spell cancellation to make it less likely that you’ll inadvertently trigger this if you’re trying to stop turning to cast Feign Death. That said, if you continue turning after the cast, or keep turning during the cast, you can still cause Feign Death to be cancelled. This fix will go out soon as a hotfix.

There are other reports about it taking too long to drop combat, or having combat re-activated because your pet is getting attacked, and we’re still looking at those issues. We’re tracking a couple of leads there, but we haven’t got this bug in our sights yet, so it may take a bit more time to figure out what’s really going on here.

I’m sorry it’s not a silver bullet, but hopefully it gives you some peace of mind to know we’re listening, and still investigating the issues.

116 Likes

Thank you for the response Pazorax. All I wanted to know is that we’re being heard, even if it’s not an easy fix. Hopefully you guys are able to figure out what’s causing this bug and squash it.

8 Likes

thank you for the blue post, this is what we needed. Happy to know it’s being looked at and a fix was being worked on.

Thank you.

6 Likes

Thank you for letting us know! Understandably this is complicated so we’re not expecting an immediate fix. We were just desperate to know if you guys were aware. Reducing the angle feign death breaks on turns (putting it closer to 1.12 values) is a great start.

Cheers.

4 Likes

I just parked Classic Vel at 13 until this mess is fixed. For the first couple of days on her, I couldn’t even keep a pet LOL. No loyalty levels gaining…pets just VANISH!

Oh, speaking of Vanish, that rogue move is broken in the same way as FD is broken. Animation: fine, but does not drop combat. Sheesh. Kinda reminds me of all of retail: looks good, but non-functional/nofun

2 Likes

Now this makes me hopeful. Thank you for letting us know.

1 Like

Sorry to say, but FD always worked in Vanilla despite player movement. That is a problem right there. You never needed to stand statue still in order for it to work.

However, super happy to hear that we are being heard and that the bug chasers are on it.

5 Likes

Huzzah! Happy to hear this is being looked at. Thanks so much.

1 Like

thank you for the acknowledgement, can play my hunter again

What about auto shot not fireing at all. I know my bow has a 2.20 second speed BUT it shuoldn’t sit there waiting to fire for 10 seconds or more.

2 Likes

Well this is not looking good…

2 Likes

On behalf of the hunter community, thank you for acknowledging our bug.

I need to keep my log open. I was under the impression that we are firing without an animation.

As far as i seen I don’t do any damage when it happens.

Awesome, thanks for the response. Cant be an easy bug to fix, but happy it is being looked into.