LF Hunter Trap / flare macro help please

hi all, im not very good at making macros but i really do want to learn, ive made a few which i really like and will occasionally tweak them, im having issues with my trap macro not sure exactly why thats why im here, maybe its not possible to do what i want ? i digress heres the stuff

#showtooltip Freezing Trap
/cast [nomod] Feign Death
/petpassive;
/cast Freezing Trap

i want to use modifiers to prevent FD but still cast a trap out of combat and purely use the button to cast a trap with a modifier. since no modifier is defined for the trap it should do this, so far however my experience has been

• with or without modifiers it works as intended out of combat.
  • in combat it does not FD and so no trap is able to be placed.

the Flare macro i want to make is

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Arcane Shot
/cast [nomod] !autoshot
/cast [mod: ctrl] Flare; [@cursor] [mod: alt] Flare

the purpose of this macro is to integrate flare into the same hotkey i use for arcane shot in a way that it can both be cast at the cursor or on a click situationaly -
-currently the flare macro will only cast at a cursor regardless of which modifier i use i also tried separating the lines in the macro just in case but no cigar

any advice would be appreciated, i understand some may have different preferences on how they would like their macros to work, i am interested in hearing this, but would also like to understand why the above macros are not working to try and improve myself

thanks all

You could use [combat] for FD.

1 Like

Feign death doesn’t work because feign death is broken.

Doesn’t matter.

1 Like

This will use Feign Death normally and only Freezing Trap when holding shift
#showtooltip Freezing Trap
/use [combat,nomod]!Feign Death
/petpassive
/use [mod:shift]Freezing Trap

This macro should work for what you want
#showtooltip
/use [nomod]Arcane Shot
/use [nomod]!Auto Shot
/use [mod:ctrl]!Flare;[@cursor,mod:alt]Flare

1 Like

i was not previousl;y aware of this issue and it does answer some questions, thanks

i previously didnt even know about using combat as a condition thankyou!

thanks Shekza for the macros ill give them a go!