Why are forums dwellers so negative?

He’s complaining about the state of the forums.

As a jaded regular, I’m actually really happy with Classic. There’s a few issues, but for the most part I’m enjoying it more than I even expected to. So far pretty much every issue I’ve had with Classic, a blue post talked about it and how it’d be resolved - like layering boss reset abuse or the Hunter FD issues.

Said the person who seems to have a grudge against all the regulars =P

Anyway since I’m apparently not supposed to point out people’s hypocrisy, and I’m apparently not supposed to use my sarcastic “quasihumour”, what am I supposed to be posting?

I’m curious to know.

2 Likes

has there been a blue post about the hunter FD issues?

This did it.

1 Like

This man has seen the darkest darkness.

1 Like

I can top that. I saw the original Star Wars movie in the theater in 1977. But I have never watched any of the sequels. It would be too much of a letdown, like playing retail.

Because; as is the case with most reviews and whatnot, people very rarely post anything if they’re happy with a product.

The people that are happy and post, are the exception, not the rule.

I mean, it’s a game forum. In my experience those are generally mostly frequented by people who have a thing or two they aren’t happy about.

Most threads in general seem to start off with some kind of complaint that people generally share, disagree with, or don’t care about. And a lot of people seem to feel pretty strongly about those opinions. Doesn’t necessarily mean they have miserable lives or whatever, in a lot of cases it probably just means that they care about what they’re talking about.

Or they’re bored.

1 Like

People didn’t like your Classic+ ideas?

Because they’re not here to actually play classic they’re just here to troll a new set of forums.

You’re right. I hardly visit the forums any more because they are so negative. Just came on now to have a look for the first time in a week, and I am ready to leave. Almost every thread is just full of people whining for one reason or another.

As far as I can remember, WoW forums have always been mostly, “hostile”. Then Blizzard pretended they were trying to curve it by bringing out “Real ID”, which in reality was nothing more than a ploy to compete with Facebook and other social media by gaining access and displaying users real life information.

They didn’t care about the gloomy environment that tainted the forums, in fact, many of the moderators that worked for Blizzard and staff were just as toxic as the users (probably why they keep replacing the forums and destroying evidence).

This forum is actually the first place I saw the abbreviation “TLDR”.

I knew what type of user base I was dealing with at that point.

It’s probably a combination of a high fat/sugar/sodium diet and a lack of sun exposure.

I have a theory about this, which recognizes two different types of negative posts in this (and other) forums.

First, there are the posts that deliberately incite anger and negative responses by ridiculing any player that likes feature X or dislikes feature Y, whichever position is contrary to the original poster. Makes heavy use of disparaging comments, pseudo-profanities, and even vague references to the less-than-pristine lineage of those who disagree.

Second, there are posts by those who have seen/read the same arguments on the same subject over and over and over and over and over, and are simply tired of it and can’t tolerate a single iteration of it again. Can display the same literary tendencies described above, usually including “Google is your friend” and/or “There’s a search function for these forums; try using it once in a while.”

Depends on the topic, I guess.

If It’s ya boi I love retail and only came to these forums to suggest something dumb on a non-classic character because the only classic character they have is level 1…

2 Likes

Yes

1 Like

300+ posts over how many years? that’s like 30 posts a year or something. you have 18 in how short a time span?

those are my favourites because you know they don’t have a proper foundation for their claims. its usually people that are just parroting what they’ve heard others say via streamers or reddit. they haven’t actually thought through the reason they even think that way in the first place.

i just keep being civilized with them as they degrade into a frothing mess. i’m not sure why people take them seriously or get offended by them. I just grin like an idiot when i encounter one of these and reply in kind. though it tends to degrade rather quickly and gets old just as quickly.

anyways, everyone can read how they responded and most people will just disregard the post as the garbage it is. there’s very little reason to even respond to them unless you’re twisted like me and get amusement out of them.

its like watching a toddler having a temper tantrum. its cute to watch sometimes.

1 Like

:+1::rofl: You and me, amigo … you and me. :rofl:

1 Like

There are two different kinds of people-

1. Rowdy boys and the women who like them.
  2. Sensitive women and the males who are sensitive to them.

No matter what the topic, these two types wont get along. Even if the topic has nothing to do with social issues, just the way people express themselves will irritate the other kind.

It’s a subtle underlayer to every discussion everywhere you go, and many topics reveal the same issue over and over again, where the Sensitives look down on the Rowdy boys with psuedo-intellectualism, and the Rowdy boys treat sensitivity like a disease.

No matter what the topic, these subtle undertones stain everything.

The only problem I see, is that no one has yet decided to split this divide between Horde and Alliance, so none of us ever has to put up with the other in general chat etc.