(CS LOUNGE):Happy Halloween

Hmmmm … I don’t seem to get a Reply option on any threads in Classic Discussion. Did they forget to unlock that forum similar to Customer Support and Tech Support? (Or did they choose not to?)

EDIT: Oh, but I have it on my realm forum where I posted one quick Hello thread while the ability of an inactive account to post new threads existed.

Hmm, another test.

Is it just me, or does the website seem to be logging you out every time you go to a new page?

And when I log back in, it defaults back to Gera ('cause that’s the last character I was playing).

I think it’s just you, unfortunately. I’m not seeing any issues with getting logged out or it swapping toons on me.

It seems that when you change posting character you get logged out and have to log back in. BUT when you do that it seems to change your posting character back to the original one. There’s a thread in General about this with a reply by a Forum Developer

Well, I’m not consistently being logged out, but one attempt to reply told me I hadn’t approved something, a page I’ve replied on before sometimes doesn’t have a reply option, and other quirks. (I probably do need to do the full “erase cache and cookies” for the site, in case there’s a weird conflict there.)

Lethie-drake - yep. I realized I’d been logged out (I tend to open each thread I haven’t read into new tabs), so I was going through and hitting the Log In button on each. When I went back, I came across a page asking if I’d verified my authenticator. I guess I went to fast or something.

Gah, trying to get these notification settings fine-tuned, but apparently the default was to set any thread I looked at to “watch”. Now I’m having to, one by one, switch threads back to “normal”. (I changed the setting to “never” do that automatically, but everything before I found that setting … there doesn’t seem to be a list or way to find them other than wait for a notification.)

Ok, got the avatar thing fixed, and it seems to have changed the background a little. Had to turn off the adblockers. =\

I can at least see which character I’m posting on at a glance, rather than having to mouse over the exact spot in the corner and read the link.

2 Likes

Well, ugh. Looks like the lack of Ignore is probably here to stay. (Specifically, from a thread in General, Blizzard is using a forum type called Discourse, and the founder of that believes ignoring people prevents communication via the “nuclear option”.) See Ignore feature? - #38 by Slant-drenden posts by Slant-drenden

:heavy_sigh: Between that and currently being unable to post on the only forum I’m really here for … these growing pains aren’t feeling good at all.

I was up till 4 this morning playing it. It is like crack, but more addicting. I also accidentally killed my horse last night when I ran into a tree. Thank the gods I got the CE so I can get a new race horse, it just starts over at trust level 1.

2 Likes

Also, it seems we only have a certain number of likes… That is a bit weird. Anyone know the number we have? I just got a warning that I only have a few left for today.

Good morning! Happy New Forums time, everyone. :slight_smile: We’re still working out a lot of bugs; make sure to include them in the Website Bug Report Forum so we can smoosh em.

I’m following up on a few things already, but I can answer a couple questions:

• Ignore: We do have a story in for this for feature development. It’s not part of the traditional Discourse offering, but we’re using a modified version that our Web & Mobile team has been partnering on with the Discourse folks.

• Likes: This is limited based on Trust Level at first, but grows exponentially as you continue posting on the forums.

• Avatars: We’re currently pulling all characters above Level 10. This should be pulling Armory data (exactly like the old forums), so avatars should update with those. Blizzard Avatars will be back Soon™️.

• Notifications: You can choose what level of creepin’ you want to do on a specific thread. The levels are detailed below:

1. Watching: You will be notified of every new reply in this topic, and a count of new replies will be shown.
  2. Tracking: A count of new replies will be shown for this topic. You will be notified if someone mentions your @name (disabled currently) or replies to you. Threads you read in their entirety will default to this state.
  3. Normal: You will be notified if someone mentions your @name or replies to you. Default for all threads.
  4. Muted: You will never be notified of anything about this topic, and it will not appear in latest.

Edit: Speaking of quirks, working on fixing my post styling. :wink:

5 Likes

Thanks, hopefully you get your avatar back quickly.

Morning folks! Just popping in to check out all the shiny new stuff :slight_smile:

1 Like

G’morning, all! …At least, it still feels like morning to me. Sadly can’t use my other Jodariel for stuff, so here’s New!Jodariel Poster Character.

Druids have a nice advantage with the Dragons of Nightmare Classic, heh heh. We can just use the portals.

1 Like

/gasp

Glaxi! You don’t have an avatar!?

(Side note: Uuuuuggggh, can’t do my actions in * * anymore. Just italicizes them. >.< )

EDIT: Sooo, neither does Glaxi’s post have the Blizz tracker badge.

EDIT EDIT: Nope, the button just doesn’t pop up if it’s the last Blue post. >.<

1 Like

Happy 14th anniversary to all WOW players

2 Likes

I can like a blue post though. So there is that at least.

1 Like

This might be the best choice of words I’ve ever seen you use, Glax.

3 Likes