(CS LOUNGE):Happy Halloween

Lots of good free Halloween movies on VuDu.
3 Likes
I gotta check that out. Right now, I'm on an MST3K marathon of really bad horror... having a complete blast.
10/25/2018 03:22 PMPosted by Srilanni
I gotta check that out. Right now, I'm on an MST3K marathon of really bad horror... having a complete blast.

People don't see to realize how much free stuff is on Vudu. And their rentals are reasonable.

I put most of my purchases on it too. Some I've bought solely digital through them.

But check out their free stuff.
Just finished Haunting of Hill House on Netflix and I must say, it is really really good.
10/25/2018 03:25 PMPosted by Baodin
Just finished Haunting of Hill House on Netflix and I must say, it is really really good.

I watched 9 episodes in one day!

I thought it was well written and acted. I liked the drama aspect of the show too.

Nothing like the original movie or the remake. Or the Shirley jackson novel.

A work in its own right.

No Vrak, wasn't the name
Agreed, it was a bit of a slow start, but it made sense, we watched it in like a span of a few days. Definitely filled my Halloween scary movie needs.
Yeah, but a few episodes in and you realize why it was slow.

We needed that foundation for the whole story. And it helped the endgame when some of the stuff we thought we knew, got thrown into the blender.

Didn't scare me really,I'm a horror junkie. But I've been talking about it since I saw it. Good story. Good dialogue. Good acting.
*sniff*

No D&D tonight. The DM had previous arrangements that night and I neglected to check the groups FB page, so I was still in the dark.

BTW, I finally got a commission for some artwork. A friend of mine hired me to do a SciFi style bomber nose art for his miniature line, been thumbnailing for the past few days working out the design.

Then another friend of mine wants me to design her a chibi t-rex for a tattoo, so there's that.

Been dusting off my illustration skills, have done anything like that in like 15 years.
10/25/2018 03:38 PMPosted by Thundertotem
*sniff*

No D&D tonight.

RIOT! MAYHEM! CHAOS!

Or if you're like me, plot evil things to do to the DM for cancelling :p (Except my DM is Hubby, so....)
10/25/2018 03:25 PMPosted by Thunderwulf
10/25/2018 03:22 PMPosted by Srilanni

People don't see to realize how much free stuff is on Vudu. And their rentals are reasonable.

I put most of my purchases on it too. Some I've bought solely digital through them.

But check out their free stuff.

Vudu is awesome. My local video store...yes we actually have one still haha....sells the digital copies for $8 I pick up a lot of movies that way and load them there.
Table top games are too slow paced for me.
10/25/2018 03:38 PMPosted by Thundertotem
*sniff*

No D&D tonight. The DM had previous arrangements that night and I neglected to check the groups FB page, so I was still in the dark.

BTW, I finally got a commission for some artwork. A friend of mine hired me to do a SciFi style bomber nose art for his miniature line, been thumbnailing for the past few days working out the design.

Then another friend of mine wants me to design her a chibi t-rex for a tattoo, so there's that.

Been dusting off my illustration skills, have done anything like that in like 15 years.

That is awesome. My son just came home with his art class project. They had to pick from a series of pictures and freehand replicate it in pencil. A very blown up version of it.

I was blown away when I saw it. He is so talented and gets it from his Mother. I could botch a stick figure. He got a 98% on it. Lost 2% because the lips were a little too small, and the shading/highlighting on a specific part of the lips was off. But all in all....I said it to him, and I will say it again thinking about it. Wow
Halloween, my favorite month! (Yes, it is a full month.) =^_^=

I'm a Halloween/candy/scary movie junky. I like watching scary movies alone in the dark to help make them scarier.

I also binged The Haunting of Hill House last weekend. I don't scare easily, but I enjoyed the story and the family dynamics well enough. Mostly I was impressed with the sheer technical feats in filming episode 6. No spoilers, but the super long shots and very few cuts worked so well to make you feel trapped in that uncomfortable space with them.

What's the scariest movie you've seen?
10/25/2018 04:20 PMPosted by Benicrux
What's the scariest movie you've seen?

For some reason, an older slasher type movie freaked me out so badly that I had to watch Princess Bride after, to be able to sleep. Prom Night II. That, and Silent Hill.

Although, the new IT scared me witless for other reasons (I have a severe clown phobia). It was brilliant, though.
10/25/2018 04:37 PMPosted by Kettricken
Although, the new IT scared me witless for other reasons (I have a severe clown phobia). It was brilliant, though.

I actually really enjoyed IT myself. I had thought that no one could beat the Tim Curry performance, but I definitely think that Bill SkarsgĂĄrd gave him a run for his money. His Pennywise was disturbing in the same way that Tim Curry's was funny and campy.
So, I don't tend to put out a lot of Halloween decorations, but this year while shopping with the kids I came across a pretty awesome prop. It's an "electricity breaker" where if you press a button, the whole thing sounds like electricity sparking, the cover slaps open and shut and the fake wires below it wiggle and light up as though there's electricity in it!

I have it setup in the walkway next to my house, but not setup to scare anyone....yet.

Best part though, is every single delivery person stopping to look at this random electrical box with wires hanging out of it!! Too much fun!

I really need to hook up the trigger so that I can start scaring people too :)

/evil laugh
The Exorcist is the only movie that ever actually scared me. Ever.

That movie created an atmosphere.

The Conjuring and Insidious came close.

As did Event Horizon. The ONLY movie to ever successfully combine horror and sci-fi.

Slashers? I don't find them scary. I like my horror supernatural .

I still have issues with The Exorcist.
10/25/2018 05:04 PMPosted by Perl
So, I don't tend to put out a lot of Halloween decorations, but this year while shopping with the kids I came across a pretty awesome prop. It's an "electricity breaker" where if you press a button, the whole thing sounds like electricity sparking, the cover slaps open and shut and the fake wires below it wiggle and light up as though there's electricity in it!

I have it setup in the walkway next to my house, but not setup to scare anyone....yet.

Best part though, is every single delivery person stopping to look at this random electrical box with wires hanging out of it!! Too much fun!

I really need to hook up the trigger so that I can start scaring people too :)

/evil laugh

I used that last year in my Haunted Garage. We put plastic up in the front and had a Haunted Laboratory theme. I sat in a chair with a gas mask on while hubby was dressed as an evil laboratory experiment. We had a fog machine set up so you could barely see so he would come out of the fog and scare anyone that entered. I would get people coming up to me in the chair and kick at me cause I wouldn't move. Once they got close enough I would jump at them.

Best one was the dad that brought his kid in and once my hubby came out of the fog little spidy man ran down the street screaming while dad filmed and laughed. Hubby tried to say he was sorry but the dad was shaking his hand for the scare.

We are Halloween junkies and set up our garage every year. Word got out last year and we have had non stop questions about our theme this year. Don't know if we will make it that good as I am trussed up like a turkey with my right arm surgery and only have my left arm available. Might make for an interesting costume though lol.
Classic mummy?
Scariest movie for me...the original Grudge... as in, the Japanese version. As a whole, I find Japanese horror to be far, far more atmospheric and intense... they have a very rich history in the supernatural that translates to some really creepy flicks.

I agree on the Exorcist. Event Horizon is disturbing and I think under-appreciated.

The first movie to ever scare me was Night of the Living Dead (original)... I was 7. I'm pretty sure I shouldn't have been watching it!