Can we get an ignore feature back already?

Yeah and then they told us the story why it is not a feature. It’s worded in a very strange way but if you want to interpret it that way, cool.

You are most trustworthy in my eyes, so I would say yes. :smiley:

It was a feature on the old forums. For people to ask for it should not be a surprise. Especially since no one was really asking for an update to old forums.

4 Likes

You can ignore reason as much as you want. They absolutely implied it is something they are developing. Being willfully ignorant wont change that.

2 Likes

Ignore : We do have a story in for this for feature development. It’s not part of the traditional Discourse offering, but we’re using a modified version that our Web & Mobile team has been partnering on with the Discourse folks.

All i see is an explanation for a missing feature from the old forums. Nothing that says it is in develoment and we are coming up on 10 months later.

I’m done with you. You are obviously here to be contrary with no regard for the facts presented. Have a wonderful day. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

To me it says they immediately put it on the top of the list of things to be fixed when they added the new forums.

Are you in some way impaired? Can I haz some?

1 Like

/offers a…
/looks around

@$%!^!! There’s no brownie emote!

If you are confident this feature is coming then why make a new thread about it?

only… it’s not Blizzards software, so it’s a fair assumption that they’re limited to what they can do with it.

Only…it is a modified version of that software that they are partnering with Discourse to provide us. So really it shouldn’t be limited by anything more than what THEY want to do with it.

“It isn’t a part of the traditional Discourse offering, but we’re using a modified version that our Web & Mobile team has been partnering on with the Discourse folks.”

If you don’t understand how the word “but” and the following sentence modify the statement that it isn’t a part of the traditional discourse offering then I don’t honestly know what to tell you.

1 Like

This is the most abhorrent and narcissistic thing I’ve read all day.

Thank you for that.

1 Like

No one is debating if we are already using a modified discourse system. You need look no further then our in game avatars next to our names to see this.

Strangely enough I haven’t had this problem on the new forum, I don’t tend to have the snide remarks, the constant criticisms and the nonsense that occurred on the previous forum.

The only thing I don’t like about this forum is that I made some kind of joke one Sunday, the post got flagged for trolling and I lost my Trust Level 3 status. I can’t even remember the joke I made but obviously someone didn’t find it very funny

2 Likes

I think some problems these forums have run deeper than what an ignore feature could even come close to actually fixing.

You may recall that with the old forum, there was a period in which we had both ignores and downvotes. With that system in place, one might’ve expected for troll threads to shrivel up once their authors had landed on everybody’s ignore lists, but that never happened. Instead, it was basically the same as it is now, except back then a huge number of perfectly innocuous threads/posts got downvote bombed.

It wouldn’t be that different now, except instead of downvotes you’ve got flags being used as downvotes.

I guess what I’m getting at is that it would be better to fix the problem instead of allowing forum members to treat symptoms, and I think that boils down to making changes in policy and enforcement.

Ignore is a cure. Not a treatment. Flagging a discussion as a real life threat when it amounts to nothing more than a difference of opinion is allowing the players to police the forums for you.

They are moving more towards that, not further from it.

Don’t like a thread? Tell your friends to flag it while you troll the OP and feed each other upvotes. :slight_smile:

Well ideas can be very dangerous things…

it seems more likely that they’re flagged for spam and/or trolling.

(but a lot of people here seem to think any difference of opinion is “trolling”)

Yes they do.

People flag posts for a plethora of reasons.

Besides actually engaging in conversation with a person, these forums have no other way to disapprove of a post. Also, it’s easy to flag and it is/has been abused… especially when the forums first went live.

Without an ignore feature the only option is to advert your eyes. It’s nice we can mute threads and notifications, but every once in a while there’s that poster who just crawls under your skin. They’re in almost every thread you click on. You wish their words would stop popping up into your world, but nope for the sake of conversation and a crappy forum software you have to at least register and have that ugh kinda want to puke feeling with no recourse except closing your browser.

I’ve personally have had (what I feel were) two unwarranted suspensions and the funny thing is I never received one until the new forums came along. It’s not a coincidence.

These forums can sometimes be a very ugly representation of our player base and we’re not even given the basic tools to censor things in the way the user wants. It would be nice to give the flag happy cranky pants another option as well.

This is about customizing my forum viewing experience and giving others the chance to ignore me… as opposed to being triggered and flagging my thoughts for no good reason.

A reminder: We had this feature on the old forums and they said this when the forums first went live.

#basicfeatures

a multi billion dollar company leases another companies forum software and that company obviously doesn’t care about fixing the issues. I feel that statement is accurate.

1 Like