My Account and Character Issue

Click on your Character Portrait under the “My Account” link to manage your characters and profile.

1 Like

Yep figured that part out… but that isn’t what I’m saying. Right now if I click next to my account it says “Log In”, which technically should mean I’m not logged in, or logged out whichever you prefer.

If I click Log in, it changes the character to the last one I played in game… If I switch characters it takes me back to ‘being logged out’…

Could be due to the fact that the forums are provided by an outside provider so might not be on Blizzard’s servers.

Could be I guess… but thought I should let someone know… I’m not sure if it is tied to the non-paying players being able to post or what… but there seems to be some kinks to be worked out.

Have you tried completely restarting your browser? that’s a thing that for some reason works a lot of the time when I’m having forum issues similar to this.

1 Like

Yeah I tried that… Also whitelisted the forums in my blocker apps. I use Chrome. Not sure if they log that info or not.

Thanks for the report, we’ll look into it.

2 Likes

When you go to your account preferences, are you able to use the Change Character button there to switch?

Yes I can both see and change my character there. <- this is the character I switch to , to test that.

Same issue here

As an added note I decided to check out the mobile version and it does the same thing on my android phone using chrome.

After that I tried Firefox and it does the same thing.

Exactly the same problem as described by the OP. Hope it can be fixed soon.

Same here.

Also not seeing any avatars, so I had to guess where on the screen was the spot I could click on to change posting characters.

EDIT: Welp, fixed the avatar thing: Had to turn off my adblockers. =\

Hi Kristöff, could you share the affected character names and their realms with us?

Also, if any of you could share the browsers and adblockers you are using while experiencing this problem, that will help us diagnose the issue. Have you tried this on a different browser?

I’m using Firefox, completely up-to-date, and uBlock Origin as my ad blocker.

Clear all your cookies. Restart computer.

Hey Cyniel is that you my friend? waves and hopes he remembers

Would it help if I made a video capture of what I am experiecing? It isn’t limited to any browser that I’ve seen yet. At this point I even installed and tried opera and it is occuring on the 3 (Opera, Firefox and Chrome) that I’ve tried.

Edit:
Ok so I believe I’ve solved the problem. Since the forum migration I hadn’t logged into Cyniel… After that last post I wondered if it might actually have something to do with that very fact…

So I logged into that character and now the problem has disappeared. I can switch to any character and the top bar doesn’t changed me to being ‘logged out’…

Tried that multiple times… I’ve even installed a new browser.

Don’t believe we know each other. Sorry…

1 Like

Thanks for following up, Cyniel! I’m glad it’s now working for you. This behavior definitely isn’t intended and we’re working on a solution for everyone.

1 Like

Glad a solution is coming :). I did notice tho that when you log in the forum defaults to the last character you logged out of game with. Hope this info helps.