[A-RP] The Storm Glaive is recruiting! Merchants, explorers, inventors, and more!

RECRUITING IS CLOSED.

In the Stormwind harbor on the dock near a sleek blockade runner where a midnight-eyed kaldorei lounges against the rail, a human woman with red hair and a slight Kul Tiran accent addresses a small gaggle of people. Each holds a sheet of paper apparently torn from a notice board. “It’s a fair wage,” she’s saying, “plus a bunk, three meals a day, and a cut of whatever we bring in.”

“What if you’ve got no experience sailing?” asks a woman standing off to the side. She’s in leather armor that bristles with knives, and next to her is a shy-looking man wearing the robes of a Kirin Tor mage.

“We’ve got sailors already,” the red-head answers, “though there’s always room for more if you’ve a mind, but what we need now’s everything from fighters to farmers to wreck-divers and relic-hunters, anyone with goods to barter, a skill to sell, or an inventive mind!”

A few more people meander over to listen, and the red-head climbs onto the box behind her and stands facing them. “Trade gets hard when wars come 'round,” she says, her voice growing stronger, “and even if peace is on the horizon – may the blessed Light make it so – folk still need butter on their bread, and bread to put it on, aye?” She nods firmly. “Atop o’that, maybe they need somethin’ nice for their sweetheart, or to take their mind off their troubles. And,” she goes on, “where the fighting’s still raging hot, our soldiers in the field need a boost! New kinds of weapons to help ‘em thrash the Horde or whatever threat’s facin’ us next, mebbe even somethin’ the Alliance ain’t thought of yet! You got the smarts? ‘Cause we’ve got our very own research ship all tricked out for you to build that new thingamabob and not worry about suckin’ the whole ship into a pocket dimension in the Twisting Nether!”

The kaldorei on the blockade runner looks up sharply. “No sucking things into the Twisting Nether!” she calls, then pauses, and amends, “At least not anything big. And nothing that’s alive!”

The red-head gulps and nods, and then straightens and goes on, “The world’s still a dangerous place, and we still need good folk with the ships and the mettle to travel not just the high seas, but the far-off lands of Pandaria and Northrend to bring back skins for warmth and food for hungry bellies! Folk clever enough to slip into the lands of those treacherous shal’dorei and slip back out with a hold full o’fine wines and silks! Folk brave enough to seek out treasures no one’s seen in a thousand years, or whose minds are aflame with new ideas and inventions!”

She looks at the woman bristling with blades, and smiles. “We need folk whose swords sing like the wind over water! Folk whose shields and Light can push back the dark! Folk brave enough to go out and find the trade goods what’ll keep the pantries filled, the pretty gems and baubles to help romance bloom!”

She stands tall and points out across the gathering. “So if you’ve got the mettle, the mind, or the merchanting to help a hard-pressed world in a dark hour, you come sign on with the Storm Glaive fleet!”

OOC: The Storm Glaive is a small roleplay guild with an active Discord, recruiting both new and experienced RPers looking for a friendly home where they won’t get lost in the crowd, and where they can make a real difference.

We’re in a building phase right now, I’ll be honest - we took a hit with players not liking BfA, and then Classic came out and has sucked away a few more of our active members. During this period you may log in and often find yourself alone, or with only a few folks online. We are working hard to change this. We had a good turnout for the start of our new guild plot and I fully expect that to continue, but we need players who want to help build something awesome and don’t mind that we can’t provide the kind of always-active atmosphere that larger guilds can.

That said, we’re committed to maintaining that small guild culture where everyone gets to shine; we don’t want to grow so large that people start having trouble finding their place. We’re currently in no danger of that, though, so if you’re looking to have a positive impact and help build a guild up, have a look at the Storm Glaive.

We aren’t strictly merchant, or strictly military, or strictly sailing; we use our fleet as a framework for far-reaching storytelling.

Our rank themes are open to interpretation to allow for flexible characterization while still providing a starting point if you need one. We don’t want to push you into one role or another, or limit your RP, so don’t think of these as boxes, think of them as…the first threads in a tapestry we’re weaving together.

You’ll enter as Trader, Explorer, Researcher, or Marine, and can advance to Adventurer or Storyteller (Storyteller is a new rank for folks who want to dive in and help our members with their RP and with the overall guild RP). In time, if you want, you can apply for promotion to Fleet Officer if an officer rank is of interest to you, and we’ll work out a progression. Storyteller is good place to start.

The Storm Glaive is an Alliance guild that also participates in the Azeroth Prosperity Initiative and has dealings with neutral-aligned Horde. We skew chaotic-good; please don’t bring us your sadistic kitten-killers looking for grim-dark torture RP unless you can keep that kitten-killing grim-dark in the…dark, as it were, but we welcome both your kitten-rescuing Light worshippers and your legitimately morally grey, deeds to atone for, red in your ledger characters looking for a place where they’re judged on their present, not their past.

Our upcoming guild plot will likely be taking place Saturday nights starting at 8:00 server time, but we also have casual tavern nights, one-off events, and we participate in a number of multi-guild and server-wide events. Events may be exploration, combat, mystery, relic-hunting, adventuring – we try not to limit ourselves. And we encourage our members to bring us ideas, to run events, and to let us help them grow their characters’ stories.

RECRUITING IS CLOSED.

12 Likes

We had a great time at the Duskrose Wandering Market last night! Thank to everyone who came by and visited, and to the organizers for another awesome event – you guys deserve all the kudos. And we’re looking forward to continuing our cooperative guild plot with the Kalimdor Enclave!

3 Likes

I’ve had a great time with Storm Glaive since I joined over a year ago. Events aren’t huge, which is great for people with anxiety, but also for everyone else because it lets each character shine.

1 Like

We just wrapped up a small campaign with the Kalimdor Enclave, and it was a lot of fun. Drama, betrayal, heroics, angst, and ships of all kinds. Can’t wait for next time!

1 Like

Guild meeting Saturday at Feathermoon Stronghold! Mandatory for members who can make it, but if not there’ll be a write-up in the Discord. Which I guess means it really isn’t mandatory, but it is important so please try to come if you can!

Also we’re still recruiting, so if you’ve got a character looking for a home, have a look at the Storm Glaive!

1 Like

We will be having social RP in Northrend on Thursday (Valiance Keep, I believe) if folks want to come hang out.

This Thursday we’ll be in Boralus. Which of the zillion bars has not been decided on yet, but whisper Krizto, Tyrnathera, or another guild member if you’d like to join us. We’d love to meet you.

2 Likes

Love the sound of your RP. Thinking about rolling a Night Elf, is there a level requirement?

1 Like

No restrictions to level, class, or age, although most of us are grown adults, and we’d love to talk to you about the guild! We do have an application on our website that we’ll want you to fill out if you’d like to join, but any of us would be delighted to talk with you either here or in-game if you have questions or just want to chat about what you’re looking for in a guild, or your character concept, or about nelf lore, or anything else.

Feel free to hit me up on this girl, my main Tyrnathera, my DH Fireshadow, or my priest Lelliandri - or ping anyone in the guild to see if either I’m around on an alt or if there’s another officer available. Or heck, chat with our members. They’re a pretty nice bunch. :grinning:

And thank you for your interest!

2 Likes

When 8.2 drops on Tuesday, we’re going to be embarking on a unique experience of trying to roleplay through all of Nazjatar as a guild. I’ve done IC questing before, and it’s ton of fun, but this will be on a much grander scale than our previous outings.

1 Like

We had a great time doing Nazjatar & Mechagon in roleplay. It really brings the story home when you’re taking part in it.

Next week: Recovering the rest of our crew from Nazjatar, and negotiating with a red dragon in Twilight Highlands.

I love how the Storm Glaive aren’t afraid of challenging characters. My little mage apprentice was a real handful and they weathered the storm.

1 Like

Funny how you say that in the past tense. :wink: We do indeed enjoy entertaining, entirely IC, character drama.

Do you take faction neutral void elves by chance? I’ve never had any of my characters in a guild before, but I have been looking at this thread for a long time now (I’m an expert lurkerer… is that even a word?) and I really love the idea of it.

Edit: She’s 120 and will become my main. Apparently the armory isn’t updating.

We absolutely do take void elves! And we don’t have any level requirements, so 120 or 1, she’d be welcome! I should mention that we do support the Alliance war effort and actively seek to thwart the Horde war effort, and much of the crew (including the fleet commander) is entirely partisan, so we can’t ourselves be considered neutral, but we do deal with neutral parties. As long as your velf isn’t upset that we’re Alliance-aligned and fight the Horde, she may find a very agreeable home with us. If you haven’t already, have a look at our website and toss us an application! After you submit the form, the page should refresh to one that gives you a link to our recruits Discord where the other officers can chat with you, ask and answer questions, and so on. I hope we hear from you!

thestormglaive.com

Thanks for the quick reply and that sounds great! My character is faction neutral mostly because she has been a bit in limbo ever since the void elves got the boot from Silvermoon and their former kin. She’s been weirded out by the sudden change and like I told a friend, I imagine her going team blue but thought it would be a nice development to do IC. So she won’t be all the rage over joining the fight. Again, thanks for the reply ^^ I will go check out your website =)

1 Like

The fleet isn’t neutral but plenty of characters are. Our goal is more roleplay opportunities, not restrictions.

Application? What about former members? Do they have to apply and undergo an interview too?
Not poking fun or outrage, just suprised someone who once stated “it’s just a hobby.”

If you’re a player from way back in the day, get in touch with Tyrnathera directly with any questions.
New characters will still need an interview to join the crew IC, of course, even alts of existing members.

Who, me? I said it’s just a hobby? I mean it is, yeah, I just don’t remember saying that. But being “just a hobby” doesn’t mean we don’t want to make as good a guild as we can, with fun RP, friendly players, and great stories. So, yep, we do have an application, 'cause in my experience it’s worse to take everyone who glances our direction and then have most of them leave in a few days than it is to interview everyone and get a few new members who are going to actually enjoy the guild and help us make it fun for everyone.

If you’re a former member of the Storm Glaive and have a character on MG you’re interested in bringing back, then just shoot me a note in-game, whisper me on Tyrnathera, or ask any member if I’m around on an alt, and let’s talk!