Old Worgen DK trying to find a new RP guild

I’m getting back into roleplaying and WoW in general after being away for a little over a year. While figuring out rotations and how mechanics have changed is going just fine, finding folks to RP with is not. The guild i was with once upon a time apparently colapsed during my absence, but I never meshed with them terribly well anyway.

Batone (who I’m posting as) is my main and the only character i have broight back so far. I won’t go spoiling his backstory here, but he is grounded in military docrine and yet selfless in his motives. I try to keep reasonably close to DK lore, though unlike a DK in lore I do still have my feelings. The old wogren DK is a bit of a dark character, so I don’t expect him to fit in without a bit of work. But that’s why i like to play him, to have others effect him and have him effect others.

If anybody has any leads on a band of misfits that would welcome somebody twice-cursed, knows of a military crew that could take in a warrrior with some very dark tendancies, or just wants to track me down for roleplay, let me know.

((P.S.: Pardon my terrible spelling. My phone is acting up and I’m tired of correcting the mistakes at 11:20pm ))

Never fear, because this “lore” is only fanon. There is no in-game documentation to suggest that death knights do not have feelings. Both a common misconception and the most common thing “lore elitists” like to complain about without knowing what they’re talking about.

I’ll poke if I see you around. Always like more DK friends. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The Storm Glaive is recruiting, and we love a good misfit! We aren’t a military guild, but we do paramilitary stuff sometimes. We skew chaotic good, and our characters run the gamut from sunshine and puppies to sekritly pretty dark. Our events don’t tend to get too dark or graphic, we’re not out there RPing torture or whatnot, though of some of our members probably do in their personal RP. You can read up on as at www.thestormglaive.com and/or check out our forum post here: [A-RP] The Storm Glaive is recruiting! Merchants, explorers, inventors, and more!

Good to know some of my old RP friends were a bit off. I do tend to go with a blend of…well…actually it’d probably take three pages to explain Batone’s head-space. The old wolf is complicated. It’s why I like playing him.

Anyway, I’ll hopefully see you in world. DK’s unite!

1 Like

DK’s do have emotions but…

Death Knights are undead, which distances you from emotion. The process of creating a death knight, especially one that was freed from the Scourge, involves filled them with negative energy and imperfectly duct taping their soul back into your body. Positive emotions such as joy and happiness or contentment are greatly diminished, but not gone. Death Knights can still feel them. But they’re sparse and fleeting.

All Death Knights (and undead) are imbued with the Endless Hunger, which is a compulsion to inflict pain, suffering, and misery. If the Death Knight does not regularly do this, they will go mad, and will be unable to stave off the spirits of the damned from ripping their mind apart. Negativity such as anger, hatred, pity, are all promoted and reinforced in a Death Knight and they are rewarded with basically an uber undead dopamine hit for engaging in them. Even the nicest death knight who has hung onto his humanity will have to reconcile this grim reality.

TLDR; you have feelings, but they’re all bad ones. Good ones are rare, savor them.

1 Like

Feelings are feelings. Emotions are emotions. Good or bad, hidden or difficult to find, they’re still in there, and that is the point I was trying to make, and which you’ve made for me (a little more verbosely). Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Never seen a couple dead guys be so wholesome.

1 Like

I’m definitely looking for a place for my Death Knight also so I’m keeping my eye out on this thread! She’s more bat sh!t insane than she is a bad emotionless girlie.

I’d offer my own guild, but we’re currently on a hiatus, most likely until the next expansion. Hope there’s something out there that can help ya’ll. <3