Will PTR be on console?

I have been on console my whole life and have never been on PTR, but is there any chance it will come to console? Because I know other games that have.

2 Likes

It’s extremely unlikely.

12 Likes

It wont because every update costs money and it needs time to be verified

6 Likes

x Doubt

1 Like

Don’t think so and we have more important balance issues than HERO twicks on console.

• Like our unlimited forever and ever free accounts ( Only me I have 5)
  • Plus our sticks vs mouse are miles away ( I have to say BLIZZ TRIES HARD on that last one)

This is even less likely to happen than not having PTR. Sony and Microsoft aren’t going to take away people’s privileges to make new accounts because of some OW smurfing problem.

1 Like

THEY WILL NOT as console is a FAMILY SHARE PLATFORM u may have 10 Kids.

But OW can make a phone verification system like gmail.

How many phones can one have

PLUS THEY WILL NOT LOOSE MONEY AS WE DONT BUY THE GAME ANYWAYS

2 Likes

No

2 Likes

That would be true, if Blizzard fails certifications multiple times. Sony and Microsoft dropped the cost for every single patch update that passes certifications the first time on their Consoles 5 years ago, in 2013. The cost made sense at first. But in due time, it very quickly became apparent that paying for patches was not going to be sustainable. So the platform holders removed the charge for patching games.

It is understandable that it’s slower than PC because it still has to pass certification; but the cost is not there unless they fail certifications for a patch multiple times.

Not a bad idea. Maybe make a new thread about that.

Its unlikely to ever have a presence on console because the primary purpose of it is to test out new features.
A quick fix is much easier for Blizzard on PC due to them not having to ask permission from Sony and Microsoft evety time. It streamlines the whole process of them moving new content to live.
Imagine if they found a critical bug on a hero, well they need to fix it right away but in doing so they accidently broke a game feature now that needs to be fixed and so on. Well each time they had to fix something Blizzard would have to ask the consoles and that would slow the whole process down.

Nope, these small updates aren’t as easy to do as in console

No due to certification it would make it unlikely. Also how would we enter the PTR? A separate client game doesn’t make much sense. Even if it was a button toggle for joining the PTR in the settings it would be too large and would still need every change waiting to be approved (cert) to have us try.

The misinformation here is insane, people don’t know what theyre talking about. Patches don’t cost money and Microsoft and sony both do same day verification patches.

I mean overwatch goes mainly off the PC game not what is good on console so why should they spend the time to show the changes that you wont care about on console?

Here would be an option:

As you enter the sign-on menu (immediately after the cinematic), you are given two choices of buttons to press:
You can choose to press A (or X on PS4) to go to the live game,
or you can choose to press X (or Square on PS4) to go to the PTR.

Note that I’m only throwing an option in.

I mentioned that with the button press but it still greatly increase the game’s size and people can more easily glitch/hack it so you play PTR stuff on main game. It also doesn’t address the cert issues

We would really love to be able to host a PTR on console. Unfortunately, it’s very logistically challenging for us. Keeping PC/Console patches in synch is a big logistical challenge and the PC PTR actually makes that possible for us (during PC PTR our builds are undergoing certification processes with Microsoft and Sony).

In order for us to enable PTR for console, the end result would most likely be a delay in the release of all content by 1-2 weeks.

We talk about PTR on console often and we revisit the concept every few months to see if anything has changed. We never consider it a closed-door conversation. But under current circumstances, a console PTR cycle is unlikely at this time.

79 Likes

Its jeff himself wow

3 Likes

hey friend.
when is the the current ptr patch going to go live?

1 Like