Baptiste - Developer Q&A

Why did you choose the colors Blue and Orange for him versus a different or more unique set of colors? Since blue and orange are kinda of basic complementary colors, at least in my opinion.

Are any of the devs worried that with Baptiste’s immortality ability, some ults may become obsolete? such as D.va Self destruct, Rip-tire, Phara’s Barrage? as of now it does seem like a very powerful ability, even with the low HP opening left after the ability finishes.

1 Like

When Orisa was first released it was mentioned that she was released because you felt that there needed to be another hero who could fulfill the “anchor tank” role. What role or need did you see that Baptiste was needed to fulfill?

We need this answer. It’s very important
Why did Baptiste leave Moira to solo heal Talon?
Honestly. Worst guy ever. Left the team in need :confused:

2 Likes

If anything, immortality field finally gives Barrage a use without sacrificing yourself. I suppose the same could apply to giving D.Va a chance to escape/build ultimate more safely. It is pretty dynamic.

1 Like

While I don’t disagree with your post by any means in this regard (really, I don’t!), there is a problem on that front.

The problem is that a developer response regarding pretty much anything Console-related, especially here on their own forums, happens once in a blue moon (and that’s being generous imho). Just to put this in perspective, their last response here on their forums regarding something Console-related was on November 1st, 2018.

So yeah, while I don’t disagree with you at all with that post, I can completely understand why CMPork would ask that question (I can relate to such, after all). Plus, it should be decently known that Blizzard CS is simply too limited in what they can do for Console.

1 Like

Is he in a romantic relationship ? Is he LGBTQ ?

1 Like

Doom fist kinda had multiple because of the Orisa teasers in my opinion but i see where you are coming from and ana was the only outlier since she was the first hero but in recent t memory most characters have multiple teasers

Lore questions:
Who provided Baptiste his varied arsenal?
Do we know the names behind this type of technology,like is it Mercy involved or Moira?
What does he think about Overwatch?

Can you tell us more about the Caribbean Coalition during and after the Omnic Crisis?

1 Like

In the face of his tragic backstory, how does Baptiste maintain his positive attitude? What inspired you to give him that sort of personality?

1 Like

I think she found out some dirt on him. Like for instance, abandoning Talon during the war. And maybe she is trying to find his location in order to blackmail him for some info that he might have gotten (that he might only know) before he left Talon (which may be a reason why he left)

From the looks of it, they may have came from Moira. The burst healing looks similar to hers. And she probably didn’t think of it would remind her of Ana when she was putting the aura into the canisters. The immortality field is new and might have been one of Talon’s new inventions that they’re wanting to test and be able to use on the field .

1 Like

Does Sombra know about Baptiste? Since if she’s only joining to know where Talon are taking orders from, it would make sense that Sombra should have learned about Baptiste? Or maybe Sombra and Baptiste don’t see eye to eye despite not really wanting to be with Talon?

1 Like

How is Baptiste connected to Overwatch? What faction is he in and where did he grow up and is he related to Lucio or Doomfist O_o? In the origin trailer the only talon soldier without a helmet that look like soldier 76, who is he???

What were the design/prototyping stages of the hero like? Were there any other abilities that didn’t quite work on him?

Can his redemption be fake and be a double agent ?

What is baptistes sexuality?

1 Like

angry pre-match french

2 Likes

Hey Tom!
thanks for opening this thread and taking the time.
I was wondering about something-

throughout the recent posts iv’e seen surrounding the forums there’s an increasing talk about mercy-

i thought that baptiste’s immortality field, which is very feared right now by a lot of players, since it’s long stay, lot’s of health, the ability to be placed behind walls and not be destroyed etc, could actually be of a great use for mercy,
that will have a lot of mercy players pleased and so does might make baptiste more balanced-

since this ability literally means “heroes never die”
why won’t you give mercy a new ultimate, her creating an aoe for 4-5 seconds which enemies won’t be able to die in it.

only seems legit, since it could easily become a great support ultimate, with it’s own benefits other then sound barrier and transendence (which, with immortality field as a cooldown ability, could easily get more value with less effort then both of those ultimates)

and maybe have baptiste drown give shield for nearby allies for a limited amount of time.

pleas concider it, as it might be of value, and might fix a lot of stuff and balance things a little bit.

thank you