Baptiste - Developer Q&A Answers

Console and PC patches happen at the same time

1 Like

He’s talking about how console players can’t play him until he hits live, while pc players have the option of ptr

2 Likes

Someone mentioned that they have a similar background so its interesting in a way.

1 Like

Yeah, but console doesn’t have ptr

Thank you for your answers! Much appreciated :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, it has been addressed a few times that running a PTR version of the game client on console platforms would be impractical.

Needless to say another reason why…

18 Likes

Sombra hacking him confirmed to disable his boots. Now I know which is great.

Nice! Can’t wait till he’s finally released to main servers.

1 Like

plot twist: Sombra’s hack kept the exo boots because she wants to give Baptiste a chance out of friendship xD

20 Likes

Rev up those fan theories and expect to see Captain Cuerva on every list of potential heroes going forward.

12 Likes

makes sense:
“I need a drink.”
“Can I buy you a drink?”

23 Likes

Mercy’s love triangle with Pharah and Genji just became a quadrangle!

2 Likes

So hype to play baptiste im on pc

So what you’re saying is we have four Junkers now?

4 Likes

Thanks for the answers. Was looking forward to a response to my question, but that’s fine.

I fixed it. Btw, what does “friends” mean?

5 Likes

Does this mean it’s not supposed to boost hitscan or do you count hitscan bullets as projectiles?

4 Likes

The Immortality Field has many disadvantages compared to other support ultimates

Valkyrie? It makes you easier to kill, makes it harder to use resurrect, and it has a casting time for no reason.

Why does this logic apply to Baptiste but not to Mercy?

7 Likes

In this context, I think they’re including hitscan and collectively calling them “projectiles” to distinguish it from beams like Zarya, Winston, Symmetra, and Mei, Melee like Reinhardt, Brigitte, and everyone’s quick melee, and assorted other exceptions like Roadhog’s hook or Lucio’s boop.

2 Likes

Okay, you made me laugh

1 Like