Issues with Echo, will update as they come up

• Sombra hack does not interrupt flight ability.
  • Sombra emp does not continue through the end of duplicate if duration goes past ult time.
  • Alt fire is tied to glide function on console.
  • Scanning emote needs its brightness toned down, its seizure inducing.
  • If hacked at the end of duplicate, all CDs will still refresh regardless, Echo does not remain hacked.
16 Likes

That’s weird

Because through my tests, things like d.va bomb and bob stay

The flight is not channelled, why would hack cancel it?

4 Likes

Wait does hack stop overload(torb ability)?

If not then it kinda makes sense for echo’s case

RIGHT???
THAT’S WHAT I SAID ON PTR
but it didn’t matter

It’s kind of like dva because it’s more limited, but in reality it works more like mercy. Mercy’s ult in cooldown sigh

4 Likes

I think is this intentional. Sombra hack doesn’t stop Mercy ult flight either.

4 Likes

Nope.

The general rule is, if an ability can be cancelled by a stun it will be cancelled by hack (accretion, micro missles, kinetic grasp, deflect, etc).

1 Like

Yes, Echo’s Flight ability function similar to D.va so I do not understand why this is not hack-able.

As far as her ultimate, this is a tough one since she can duplicate any hero, and all heroes function differently against Sombra’s hack.

Well Mercy is a transformation ULT, Echo’s flight is an ability that functions outside the rules.

these are both intended

65 Likes

Wait why not the flight?

5 Likes

I was right. This is consistent with Mercy’s ult since Mercy can still fly. And thanks for the duplicate thing.

7 Likes

What!?!?

7 Likes

Is Echo supposed to be in competitive right now? I thought there was a 2 week waiting period after she released to be put in comp?

1 Like

My question is why the emp one?

From what I saw the D.va bomb and bob stay, unless the isolation is making me crazy

Why does it not interrupt flight? I considered it closest to a high noon which can be hacked.

1 Like

Good. EMP lasts too long anyways. At least one hero can get away from the minute long hack at the end of an ult.

1 Like

For Flight, i believe Hack cancels the initial burst movement because that part of Flight is channeled, but the Flight section [free flight with a duration of 3 seconds] isn’t channeled therefore not Hack-able.

High noon is channeled. That is still hackable

Moira ult is channeled. That is still hackable

Shall I continue?