Issues with Echo, will update as they come up

This kinda make this question all the more relevant then: Why play Pharah ever when Echo does everything she can but way better and is far less vulnerable?

4 Likes

why though? :C

1 Like

Hey Jeff, a quick question if I may, is there any way we could get Echo’s floating tied to the glide ability instead of her secondary fire on controllers?

It’s a little problematic how it’s set up currently

2 Likes

Because it makes sense?

1 Like

Map her similar to how you would lucio with jump on the trigger, then swap her melee with the other stick and assign flight to the free one.

How so?

Flight is a buff (like Soldier Visor)
Echo “metamorphs”, which is like Primal.
You cant lose HP from primal because you were 100hp before using it. You get “restored” or “rolled back” to your previous state.

Since “EMP” is a debuff, that affects your hero, and you are no longer that hero (become Echo again) you were not EMP’D in the first place.

PS: Just my 2 cents, im not a dev :rofl:

1 Like

It would just make more sense for that function to be assigned to the button that makes you fly in the first place I think. Mercy used to not use the left trigger, so it makes sense for her and Pharah being there. Echo’s just seems like an oversight

1 Like

Maybe, but its worked out for me thus far. I’ll add it to the list though.

1 Like

Echo’s flight is not channelled. If you are stunned you stay in flight. I’m not sure why anyone expects Echo’s flight to cancel with hack. It’s the same reason why hack doesn’t cancel fortify, adaptive shields, etc.

1 Like

While I agree with the flight mechanics, I still find this one odd. Maybe the devs can correct me and I haven’t read enough lore, but as far as I can tell, when Echo uses her ult isn’t it still Echo? Echo even says the character voicelines. I’m unsure why morphing back into her default state would change her hack state. If anything it almost feels like Echo should remain in her ult form until hack wears off.

It’s like you purposely made her overpowered on release and looked for ways to make it so she can’t be contested/countered…

Yikes.

9 Likes

Except those are defensive abilities, not movement ones. This is a heavy blow to Pharah as far as pickrates are concerned. Why would you ever pick her over Echo when Echo has none of her down sides?

3 Likes

Oh absolutely. I was mostly just talking about the logical side rather than the balance side.

It’s what I’ve been telling people for hours now. She’s Pharah with a much better kit. We currently have no Widow or McCree to directly counter her. I’ve been trying to Sombra her down, but that’s tough at my rank (I’m admittedly not good at DPS but working to improve that) when people don’t usually work together via comms and attack hacked targets.

So it’s not like dva boosters?

I guess I’m not really understanding what designates a channeled ability vs transformative. Like I get that channeled ults are stunnable unlike transformative, but having a hard time deciphering the abilities.

With the transformation ults they are balanced by having all their value tied to ability usage. So if their abilities are hindered they can’t do much. Anything channeled get value the longer it goes uninterrupted which is why almost all are hackable. Echo breaks that rule.

From the Gamepedia article on Echo:

Reverting back to Echo interrupts whatever ability she was using.

Most deployed abilities disappear after 4 seconds. Sombra’s Translocator, Mei’s Ice Wall, Sigma’s Experimental Barrier, Symmetra’s Photon Barrier, and Zarya’s Projected Barrier disappear immediately. Junkrat’s Concussion Mine and RIP-Tire detonate immediately.

Damage-over-time and heal-over-time effects continue as normal. When Duplicate ends, most buffs applied by the duplicated hero are removed; this includes temporary HP given to teammates, except Repair Pack’s armor (most likely because it is tied to a HoT effect). After 3 seconds pass, debuffs and Biotic Grenade’s healing buff are removed.

Mercy flight doesn’t get interrupted with hack, why should echos?

1 Like

Mercys flight does get cancelled by hack, both her GA and Angelic Descent