Sombra Echo bug PSA

I already posted this on the bug part of the forum but Incase people didn’t know:

When you EMP a health pack as Echo in the last few seconds of her duplicate ultimate, the hacked health pack changes into a red-enemy health pack once you revert back to normal Echo.

It lasts for around 3 seconds and doesn’t heal you or your allies, just enemies.

The fact that Hack doesn’t disable glide is either a bug or a very stupid decision by the balance team.

5 Likes

Confirmed to be intended i think Havent tested it cuz I didn’t play since a I found something else to play will at one point.

Probably.

Found the source Issues with Echo, will update as they come up - #10 by JeffreyKaplan

Does hack disable mercy glide?

Yea.

4 Likes

Then the fact that echo glide isn’t affected is super inconsistent

1 Like

I saw the quote but am still holding out hope for it being an oversight.

He specified her flight(aka the speed boost)working after hack being intentional. I think it’s lame, but whatever.

My gripe is Glide, her passive that requires holding jump, and functions exactly like Angelic Descent, not being disabled.

2 Likes

Exactly. It’s ok if fly isn’t cancelled, but glide should be shutdown like mercy’s angelic descent.

1 Like

I could be mistaken, but I believe the speed boost (not the initial half-second boost or whatever, but aerial speed in general) is tied to her Glide. Logically she should lose speed and, if Flight has expired, drop to the ground when hacked.

3 Likes

Yea sounds stupit guessing they want to pull players in with her and not have sombra push them back out xD

Pretty dumb imo

1 Like

…and if I’m being completely honest, her not being knocked out of flight is pretty inconsistent as well. I know Echo is Jeff’s new golden girl, but how do they justify Hack breaking Dva’s boosters but not Echo…they are practically functionally identical.

Say what you want about Sombra, but Hack is incredibly consistent on how it interacts with abilities.

I hate them adding inconsistencies just to increase the strength of their OP new hero, especially specifically at the expense of one of the worst heroes.

Echo fly is a “transform” type ability like Winston Ult and Mercy Valk. Dva’s fly is channeled like Moira Ult so it can be cancelled. That part is consistent

I don’t see how, both Dva and Echo has access to all their other abilities while using Booster/Flight.

It strikes me as more “we want her powerful, meta defining, and think she’d look cool fragging out in OWL so…reasons!”

Its stranger still that hack doens’t just completely shut down Zenyatta, Bastion, and Echo from moving at all. It stopped all omnics in King’s Row in Uprising event.
:stuck_out_tongue:

I mean sure, but it also keeps solder from jogging, Genji from jumping, and Hanzo from mantling a wall, but doesn’t do jack to Visor or a literal robot tank.

I’m cool with all of that since it’s balanced and consistent… Echo isn’t.

This is the part that I never got because it pretty much function like D.va’s Booster in terms of it being an ability.