Do the Devs read the forums?

Blizzard is large enough but, the responses we’ve seen from the staff appear to strongly suggest that they haven’t been doing it.

The devs themselves aren’t on here frequently, they generally have better things to do with their time, plus anything they do say gets taken as holy scripture so they have to be careful. Instead, they have community managers that are constantly reading the forums and taking our feedback. They then meet with the development team to report on hot issues. If the devs decide to do anything about it is up to them, but they are usually looking far into the future and looking at other unknown to the community changes to see how things will be impacted. Only once they have something absolutely concrete will they say anything.

1 Like

When they need a decent laugh.

They may also be aware of some comments but not say anything or wait to choose their words. People don’t realize that they need to be a bit political with their answers as it is a product in the market.

1 Like

That is very true. They cannot just reply too quickly then say “my bad” if it turns out that they cannot implement it for whatever reason.

You can not hide, we see you!

We’re always reading the forums. Please don’t despair if your topic or post doesn’t receive a reply.

Thank you.

75 Likes

Lol, super menacing…we don’t feel better now.

5 Likes

Can I please have your opinion over here? Please. ^https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/worlds-best-sombra-player-does-not-want-to-play-the-current-sombra/148452

Well that’s not ominous at all.

Given the, shall we say, widespread outcry over the PTR Sombra changes, I feel comfortable saying that we’d greatly appreciate an official blue post about a) the intent behind the changes, b) the concerns Sombra players have brought up, and c) whether or not the changes will make it to live.

3 Likes

They certainly do read a lot of stuff on the forums for sure, but only respond when It suits them, that Is the problem. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

and why can’t you reply to the bastion megathread?

10 Likes

then why arent you guys listening to the majority of the community and only your pro players

junkrat overnerfed

bastion has been trash for over a year

new sombra nerfs she didnt need

mercy is no where near balanced and needs more nerfs

orisa doesnt counter CC properly which is what she was built to do

3 Likes

I swear there is one every single time a mod posts…

5 Likes

You just got baited

I said please, and just hope. The best this community can do, when we want a review of something. or highlight something to devs.

I know it might be hopeless, but I got to at least try.

your*

3 Likes

However, Tom stated in that very post that they are always reading the forums. There is no way they just glazed past the thread with over 1.6k views and 110 replies in less than 24 hours.

1 Like

In all seriousness, Jeff cited relatively common opinions regarding certain changes to Sombra during the Seagull livestream. I am sure they do read them. It would be nice, if a thread got to like 1k posts that it earned a response.

I am just imaging them sitting there, seeing all of the traction, and clicking on a buff Winston thread to say they have no plans.

I remember reading somewhere that they purposely dont comment because of how vicious the community is in the forums.

And, lets be honest, a majority of posters who come around here are people who complained about being killed by a certain hero enough times to create a thread asking for a deletion of that hero, or nerfing them.

Combine that overreaction with a dev post that could be taken out of context with a simple word, you’ll have a flood of toxic replies and youtube videos covering it.

1 Like

Well, I think we knew that the devs read the forums. A better question, I think, is whether the devs care about anything that is written on the forums?

7 Likes