Daily thread of Please fix Sombra, bug list inside!

I’m a Sombra main recently, and as much as I love to play her in theory the reality is that she’s too glitchy to play without putting your team at risk. I searched out this thread to add my name to the list of disgruntled Sombra players, thank you to everyone who has put so much effort into this thread. Please Jeff, fix the damn bugs. Until then, I’m a-Mei-zing.

1 Like

lol so many times I do the same when in comms “X is hacke- no wait…”

On another note, who is excited about the Sombra July PTR? I’m mostly just worried…

Anybody ran into bugs lately? I’ve been playing mostly Moira and Bastion since the PTR change (And spending more time on FarCry5), but i don’t recall running into one the few times i’ve played her, which is a good thing. Either i haven’t run into anything that stands out (Haven’t been doing much gameplay reviewing either, coz farcry), or i’ve been lucky.

I do recall hack breaking once, but that one’s circumstance is rather questionable so i don’t count it.

Translocator bugs are still there, the hack LoS bugs seems to be fixed though so that’s great news. I’m thinking of marking it as fixed in the buglist, what do you guys think?

Hi Leith and fellow heroes,

In a continued effort to be more transparent about which interactions are or aren’t bugs, alongside which ones are currently higher priorities to fix, one of our developers provided some valuable insight.

Today we’d like to share that with you:

Bugs 1, 3, 4, 5, 9, 12, 13: These are noted bugs that we’re working to fix.
Bug 6: Translocator is now remote destroyable, which resolves this case.
Bugs 2, 2.1: Fixed in patch 1.21 (went LIVE in mid march). Translocate will now attempt to teleport you to the newest valid position it finds (as it travels through the air).
Bug 7: This has been drastically improved since the 1.21 patch.
Bug 8: Line-of-sight tracking improvements are now live.
Bugs 10, 14: Fixes for these two bugs are now live.
Bug 11: In the 1.26 patch we reduced the radius of the translocator projectile from 0.2 to 0.02 meters. This only affects flight, but should generally reduce instances where it deflects off of corners unexpectedly.

We appreciate the constructive feedback and examples provided, as it assists us in identifying and ultimately resolving many of these issues. :ok_hand:

Thank you to all the contributors. We salute you.

65 Likes

Now THAT is a proper response!

15 Likes

Thank you. I’m looking forward to more of her bugs getting fixed.

However regardless of this Sombra is still not going to be a good pick.

Now if only we could get a similar radius reduction for Sym turrets to avoid latching onto unintended objects / walls.

7 Likes

Welcome to the real Sombra buff.

3 Likes

Can anyone confirm if the LoS issues are actually fixed in the most recent patch? Because they were still an issue pre-Hammond, and I know some of Fitzy’s clips were taken from PTR recently.

Honestly? Kudos for coming back a Sombra bug thread 22 days later to be transparent on your efforts. Like, that’s actually really cool of you guys to do that. Thanks for taking the time to find this thread and post about the efforts. :heart:

6 Likes

As far as I can tell, they’re better than they used to be but there are still numerous issues with it breaking on things it shouldn’t break on (i.e. the side of Reinhardt’s shield that doesn’t even block hack’s LoS, posts, etc.)

1 Like

I experienced 2.1 earlier today

LOS bugs are still in game
This is an updated list of these bugs. A list of Sombra's Many, Many Bugs (6), Now with more LOS Bugs! - #89 by Xaron-1831

3 Likes

They’re less frequent, but when it rains it pours.

Were they all tested in the current patch?

1 Like

Not all of them, but the bugs are still there.

Finally the bugs are being adressed! Only took 5 months.

1 Like

4 Likes

Thanks for an amazing response, Tom! Exactly what we’re looking for.

I was wondering whether Sombra “trailing” behind her Translocator is intended, or a bug. Right now, if you Translocate to a beacon that is flying through the air, you don’t end up where the beacon is; you see it disappear about a meter in front of you after you teleport. My best guess is that activating the ability takes you to where the beacon was when you pressed the button, but in the short time it takes you to teleport, the beacon continues to move.

Is this intended, or a bug? If it’s intended, is there any intention to clean up the visuals so there isn’t this misconception?