Bronze 5 bug still exists?

It seems to me that bronze 5 bug still exists after consistently playing well my rank NEVER changes. Unless of course its expected of the lowest skilled players in the game to have more than a 50% win rate? For context… I have a 66% win rate for my last 10 games.

23 Likes

I too am stuck in bronze 5 and am not ranking up

9 Likes

Same here. Im at a 75% win rate out of the last 20 games, so 20-5, and no budging. Its not like im being carried either. I did the the carrying probably 15 of those games. Something is very wrong here. Im hoping that when they patch Lifeweaver into comp that they fix this bug

10 Likes

Hello.
i am stuck at bronze 5 as tank

i would recommend to check ur sr.

i checked mine and it said that my sr on every role was 0 that should not be possible i am silver 2 on support and my sr is still 0 this is clearly a problem on BLIZZARDS behalf and it is not a skill issue

if u want to check ur sr u can just google it i followed a reddit post and it was pretty easy

thanks for reading.

BLIZZARD FIX THIS

8 Likes

Hi, the bug is real I’ stuck at bronze 5 as a support, 4 times in a row I got wins and 4 times I got 5 bronze and says I’m at the bottom of the bracket, this is depressing, I enjoyed ranked, my account is bugged please help #technical-support #bug-report #competitive-discussion

11 Likes

I got the same issue since season 4 started, even though I had a 5 win streak plus my stats as support were always higher as from the other supports players in game (4-6k heal difference), and still NOW after 17 wins no rank up. Takes the fun away personally and I felt my time was wasted… depressing. In the latest season I was gold to plat and I really miss higher tier games…. Blizzard please check this

9 Likes

I got my data but they appear to no longer list SR.

I keep ranking down despite having a 2:1 winrate though and am now hard stuck in Bronze 5. Judging by how many threads I’m seeing about this I think we’ll eventually hear that something is messed up.

Yes I know there’s many Bronze players that do deserve to be there, but not with the winrate that myself and others I’ve seen have.

5 Likes

Hi Haxus,
In your data check table called “Player Ranked Match History”.
Are any of the lines almost empty with value “INVALID” in column “Leaderboard Region”?

2 Likes

Whoops, meant to edit my previous post to quote you and didn’t mean to delete it.

Yeah, I see INVALID in the Leaderboard Region with other missing data for 8 games.

3 Likes

I am also stuck bronze 5 on support. Was silver 4 in season 2. This season had at least 1 rank up 5-1 with no change. Rank up screen says I’m at the lowest number in the rank.

In my ranked match history, 42 of the 57 entries have INVALID region and no data.

6 Likes

Having the same issue here. 10 wins 2 losses and absolutely carrying every round. Still bronze 5

4 Likes

where can u see this kind of information?

3 Likes

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/services/1327

Pick the option for “Request my data” and you can go through a process to get an encrypted 7zip file and a password to access your data. Inside the 7zip file is a file named blizzard_data.html and a section named Player Ranked Match History

It’s a little clunky to go through and can take “up to 30 days” but I got mine a few hours later. You can only do this once a month.

And to be clear, none of us know if this is actually related to what we’re seeing in regards to ranks. It’s just something interesting we’ve noticed in looking through the data we have available as players.

2 Likes

Thank you so very much. Just submited my request. I was soooo nervous lmao. Can’t wait to see what’s there.

3 Likes

I am in a similar boat, 12 wins 4 losses in season 4. I intentionally played moira as a support main, so I can get some kills too as everyone claims that it helps! Still in bronze 5 and can’t seem to budge!

2 Likes

If you’re low bronze it doesn’t matter whether you win 30 matches and lose none.

Did your one placement during that time tell you how many people you were above in your tier? That should give you a clue. It won’t skyrocket you up unless it’s a fresh account, so you need to consistently win and it won’t just take one placement.

Also remember that in terms of ranking, Bronze 5 tier consists of 0-1099 SR equivalent, so if you start nearer the bottom, it’ll take a lot of wins to rise. If you keep up the WR, you will, though.

As far as the game is concerned, how ‘well’ you play in a given match doesn’t matter; it’s only if you win or lose. They removed stat based MMR calculations completely with OW2, for better or for worse.

1 Like

I just realized this. If you’re anywhere between 0 SR - 1100 SR your rank will show as bronze 5. So it could be blizzard adjusted you to 500 SR which means you will have to grind +600 SR to get a rank update from B5 → B4… That’s kind of depressing Blizzard…

I keep repeating myself: We need the numbers back Blizzard. The current system leads to so much confusion/annoyances. Delete 5 wins / 15 losses and give us back the actual number after every match. Please.

Edit: Sorry, didn’t read the reaction above. If it says something like “You’re ranked higher than 50% of other players” in Bronze 5 your SR is somewhere above 500-ish? I guess?..

2 Likes

It’s not. From 0 to 1000 SR u receive that message that you are on the lowest point on the rank, or something like that. From 1000 to 1100 SR (the actual B5 rank) you will get the “you are above x% of other players”. Basically, From 0 to 1.000 SR there is “no rank”, the B5 rank starts to count from 1.000 SR. And that’s bs because for a B5 player that could take ages to get out, not knowing where they are in the 0-1.000 SR poll.

This means that even with an 60+% win rate, it would take some time to get out of B5. But what Blizzard is not telling us is the amounts of points u receive fore every w, l or d.

I’ve read the data received from Blizzard for my account and the Bronze Rank is not an actual Rank, because it’s noted as 0. They start counting the Ranks from Silver (which is Rank 1). Anther bs, in my opinion, they are basically telling all the Bronze players that they have no rank.

Just received mine. At the Player Ranked Match History, out of the 47 games I played this season, only 12 of them have processed data. The rest of them are INVALID and are not processed, which is so weird. The games are there, are counted on the Season 4, but the data is missing, and there was no rating change for them.

The funny thing is that if I go to Player Ranked Role Data, those 47 games are counted correctly so logically, that tells me that the game knows that I’ve played 47 games, but only 12 of them were processed.

Yeah my support win rate is about 65%, despite the fact that I keep getting matched up with DPS that do maybe 4 kills per match or people that are straight up throwing (all of whom I’ve reported). I’m almost always the best performer in the game in terms of heals, and often in elims too despite being a support. And I still keep going back and forth between bronze 5 and 4

1 Like