Bronze 5 bug still exists?

It’s not. From 0 to 1000 SR u receive that message that you are on the lowest point on the rank, or something like that.

How do you know this? Seem very plausible but would be nice to see a source. Because I remember I saw people with like 400SR and they’d have the bronze rank icon showing in OW1.

the data request sets everyones sr at 0 because they dont want you to see it. doesn’t mean it isnt a bug tho, ive seen people go from bronze 4+ down to bronze 5 minimum value on a win streak, so its very possible that it is.

1 Like

I’ve seen this information on several reddit and twitch accounts from people who have the time to watch all the lives devs make with streamers. One particular redditer said devs told this in one on the streams they had recently but there are a few hourly lenght streams so it’s pretty hard to get the actual link and time codes.

Of course, I always take this kinda information with a pinch of salt, but that’s the only logical reason so far that makes sense of why are we stuck in bronze 5 (other than the presence of a bug of course).

I always try to find the reasons why a thing could happen and not jump only on the “there is a bug” ship.

Of course, the experience is still trash nevertheless and unrewarding but I think it would really really help us if devs would give us some actual explanantions about the changes they made in the rank system in S4.

Maybe they are right, but damn, they have a big problem in lacking communcation skills. There is a big chance there is no bug but they drastically changed the rankind system without telling us the actual changes. So we are stuck here in blind, not knowing what happened, which is more frustrating than dealing with a bug, honestly.

Are you talking about borders? Because those are not present in OW2 anymore. If u are talking about ranks, the system is slightly different now. In OW1 your rank was updating after every match and you could have seen your actual SR so it would have been logical that even for a 400 SR player they had to put something there (a bronze rank).

It’s the same in OW2 with the difference that u only see the rank and not the actual SR/MMR. So, from 0-1100 they will show you the B5 rank. Nevertheless, an OW1 player with 400 SR would have been in B5 too. But the fact that we received more information then was more rewarding and transparent so it didn’t bother much. I know that because I was there.

1 Like

the data request doesn’t give you the SR or MMR numbers. So Idk what 0 Juicyjack saw there.

It has a section where it shows you your rank stats, and the first two columns are current sr and highest sr. There’s none for mmr, but the sr stat says 0 for everyone. BTW, the bug is fixed now

What’s the name of the table? I wanna look again into it.

L.E. Nvm, with a little search, I found out that they stopped giving SR for OW2 a few months ago. And it’s normal. The SR from OW1 has nothing to do with the new ranking system so that data was only creating more confusion and conspiracy around it.

How do you know that?

Why are you saying its’s not a bug and it’s fixed? It’s not! People are wining games and get deranked and message after 5 wins says that they are at the bottom of the bronze 5 no matter how many games they win, friends with no bug are going up after same amount of wins and they have a message showing how many % of players they are above but ppl with this bug they stuck at bronze 5, so stop lying its not a bug just they need to fix it! I bought OW 1 and I bought BPass before I knew ranked is broken for some reason at season 4 went up, I hope Blizzard will review this bug again and fix it because it’s ridculous. Don’t spred misinformation! It’s seems we are getting deranking for some reason the calculation is broken for some old account giving negative value for rank!!

4 Likes

But the fact that we received more information then was more rewarding and transparent so it didn’t bother much. I know that because I was there.

Been screaming this on the forums for a while now so I’m with you, dw hehe.

Are you talking about borders?

I was implying the ranks. People with a bronze border would have it from 0 - 1500. After that it would just turn silver (in OW1). So in OW2 from a technical perspective it would still work the same but this time around you get B4 (subdivision) when you hit 1100SR.

We need a lot more transparency and I think this Bronze not ranking up issue is a prime example of why the delayed rank update system is failing. Update us after every match please Blizz… Oh and gives us the actual number instead of a percentage =)

1 Like

Yes. As far as I understand, it’s the same in OW2. From 0 to 1099 u get the B5 rank. At 1100 u get B4, and so on. From 0 to 1499 is bronze, and at 1500 it’s Silver. The only difference is that they introduced the 1-5 division for every skill tier.

Oh, such a beautiful dream

i know the bug is fixed because someone linked my forum post to an overwatch employee, who said there was an issue and it’ll be fixed shortly. later the same day (yesterday) my rank went from minimum value to better than 75% after going 5-3

this was a problem, but yesterday a dev confirmed that it will be fixed shortly. my problem was fixed later that day. try to update your rank by winning 5 games again

and you believed that? lmao
U know that for a bug to be fixed you have to update the game, right? There is no update on my game so idk what u are talking about.

that’s what they said at the beginning of S4 too lmao.

I am pretty sure no dev in this world would have solved the problem only for you. But keep dreaming. Whatever helps u get out of B5.

Also, the fact that you received the message that u are better than 75% didn’t solve the problem. There are plenty of players that receive that kind of message since the beginning of S4 and they are still stuck in B5. So the fact that you remained in B5 after the update means that they either did nothing, or your real rank is actually B5.

Greetings! I am also currently download my game data to see if I can find an explanation to this that is reasonable and doesn’t make it a bug, I feel like my situation was really weird and interesting though.

Journey:
I started off higher ranked in bronze, I think I was Bronze 3 after the recent patch. I’m not familiar with how much it should decay, so that seemed fine to me. So I won 5 games, lost a few like 11 and went from Bronze 3 to Bronze 4. Thought that was a little weird, but thought nothing of it. Then I started doing better, something like 5/9 games and I went to Bronze 5. Then I’ve just been sitting at Bronze 5, for 3 additional skill up/reassessments and it just doesn’t seem right…

Conclusion; on my last rank reassessment I was 71% better than players in my division, 5 Wins, 1 Loss, 1 Tie and I am still Bronze 5. I saved screenshots because I thought that might help resolve the issue.

@Blizzard, What does the 71% better than players in my division mean? 71% better than Bronze 5 players? and what do I actually need to accomplish to start ranking up again?

Most sad, please fix or give me something I can achieve/strive for/view my progress as a player - I’m beginning to wonder if I’m just the worst player in the entire game or something.

1 Like

ok I’ve played 5 new matches and finally I see progressing message!!, nice! they fix it! thanks Blizzard devs :blush:

Also, the fact that you received the message that u are better than 75% didn’t solve the problem.

This would mean your 75% of 1100 right? So the rank then would translate to SR = 825 right now. Few more wins to go then… I know about the bug that was present in OW1. I think people that were like B4 got the MMR adjustment of S4 and a lot of them are now Bronze 12 or something like that. =(

Yes. It means u need about 30 SR points to get out from Bronze 5 and go to 4. We don’t know how many wins that is. In OW1 with 2 wins and 0 lose u could have got up (assuming that Bronze 4 would have existed then). But now, because every update is made after 5 wins/15 loses, that could take you some time. But if u will have a 5-0, you should get out of B5 with no problem. Theoretically. Practically, we’ll see.

all you need to do is win a lot and hope for the best xd

I think it’s 75% of 100 SR. As far as I know, or how the: “you are on the lowest in this rank” was explained by others, the game didn’t took into consideration the first 1k SR needed before actually being considered a B5 player. We don’t know actually what bug they resolved. The one with us being stuck in B5 or the one where the message with the rank update (you are better than x%) was not taking into consideration all the SR points needed to get out of B5.

yea, that’s the feeling.

Okay, I’m down with ‘be better’ being the answer to this problem. But my most recent set, I did Okay and there was literally no change. 5 Wins, 4 Losses, 1 Tie - not the best, but still ranked higher than 71% of people in the division. Did I really make no change? Is that what I’m seeing? Are the odds even in my favor for that to happen? I’ll try again.

So all of the wins now dont matter until they fix the bug? They wont retroactively apply the points?
That means why play until its fixed?

how many sets of 5 wins did u had with this message?

they fixed the message. I can confirm. But the last wins are not taken into consideration. Funny thing is that after being at the lowest in the rank for 35 wins and a positive win rate, now I had 5 wins 8 lost and 1 draw and I got the “u are better than 71%” message so I basically “got up in rank”.

I’ll come with an update after the next 5 wins. Hopefully I won’t get into a losing streak lmao.

Interesting. I’ve only had 1 set between messages, but this will be about the 5th review this season. I admit the part that has me most suspicious is the % not changing and the fact that I had to rank down from Bronze 3, Bronze 4, and then finally Bronze 5 by playing rather than just being immediately ranked down to Bronze 5 when the season started.