[✅] Expanded DoubleBarrier fixes

Here’s what I got so far for my current version of redesigning Tanks.

Overall goal is to make it so that DoubleBarrier is strongly countered at close range by Dive/Rush comps. While allowing medium/low tiers to enjoy a variety of SingleBarrier tanks.

Also there are some “firepower” buffs in there on Orisa/Sigma that don’t really do anything at close range or against barriers, but I wanted to make it so that BarrierTank as a subrole is more desirable to play. Since queue time could be a lot better from it.

Armor

• Reduces all damage by 20%.
  • Replaces all current armor math.

Mei

• Role: Moved to the Tank role.
  • Health: Increased to 350.
  • Iceblock: Self-healing reduced to 100hp from 150hp.
  • Iceblock: Can be healed by teammates during. <---- Revert
  • Icewall: Cooldown decreased from 13 to 10 seconds. <---- Revert
  • Blizzard: Duration increased from 4.25 to 5 seconds. <---- Revert

Winston

• Primal Rage: Gains 1000 DarkBlueHP instead of NormalHP
  • Primal Rage: Does not give ultimate charge to the enemy team when attacked.

Sigma

• Accretion: Does not stun at close range.
  • Accretion: Does not do self-damage.
  • Kinetic Grasp: Recharges his barrier instead of granting temporary health.
  • Barrier: Increased to 1200hp
  • Primary Fire: Projectile speed increased 20%.
  • Primary Fire: Does not do self-damage.

Orisa

• Fortify : Slightly larger hurtbox, 4sec duration, 20% damage resistance, 20% movement speed increase, immune to CC effects, immune to headshot multiplier effects, can bodyblock ults and piercing attacks, does not feed ult charge.
    • Dark blue outline around her HP/Armor to signify no ultcharge feeding
  • Halt : Does not Slow enemies
  • Barrier : 600hp, on an 7sec cooldown
  • Primary Fire : Projectile speed increased 20%.
  • Passive: Gallop: After walking forward for 1sec without using abilities or attacks, Gain 5% movement speed for each of the next 4seconds, for a maximum movement speed increase of 20%, canceled when using abilities or attacks
    • Would be even better if they could change her run-cycle animation to be a gallop.

Reinhardt

• Firestrike: Projectile speed increased 20%.
5 Likes

Isnt dark blue hp temporary shields that deplete on their own over time…?

Armor question: Say somebody has 1 armor HP remaining and they get hit by a D.Va bomb…does that bomb do 20% less damage?

I mean they could go with just outlining the graphic with his health in dark blue.

But either way the Ult itself is temporary.

1 Like

You owe me a cookie.

Also Sigma needs harsher nerfs than this.

Also also why are you ignoring Rein?

Yup. Also Widow headshots only do 240 damage, instead of 295 damage.

That said D.va would be chewing through Armor like nobody’s business with her DPS being almost fullcharge Zarya levels just on her shotguns, at 170DPS.
And in general, D.va would benefit from Dive just being meta.

2 Likes

:grin: I love that this is promoting double shield more.

2 Likes

Because Rein is already mostly popular, and the armor changes would mess with him. If he needs some buff’s to not feel like he’s left out on the fun, they could increase the projectile speed on FireStrike.

I don’t want to see him buffed, I want to see him nerfed. To the ninth circle of hell.

These changes also make it where if you get up close to sigma hes pretty much just dead. He has absolutely no self defense up close in your build for him.

Thoughts on Wrecking Ball’s adaptive shields giving 100HP to allies within a certain radius, like 10/15m or so?

Say for example, a Wrecking Ball pile-driving onto a payload in Overtime would use the adaptive shields for max value, giving him 700 shields but with 5 allies nearby it’d become 200 shields for the Wrecking Ball and 500 shields divided by the allies, 100 each.

I honestly think this would be a great design choice, would have absolutely zero impact on his solo play whilst giving some huge teamplay ability.

1 Like

Until you realize how screwed it will be when D.va/Hammond/Tracer/Sombra/Reaper all do 30% more damage against armor.

Also,

• KineticGrasp doesn’t restore HP
  • Fortify only gives 20% damage resist and increases her hurtbox
  • Mei can’t block Hammond diving in and manhandling the positioning on BarrierTanks.
  • Halt does no Slow effect
  • Accretion does no Stun effect (at close range)

And both Dive and SpeedBoostRein comps, their goal is to get into close range.

So DoubleBarrier would be effective, but more of a cheese comp, than a meta comp. Because of how it can just get steamrolled on.

Yup. Better get an offtank to protect the main tank :stuck_out_tongue:

That said 2sec of a Matrix ability isn’t “nothing”.

No, like, that does not feel good to play at all… his primary fire wouldn’t be able to hit anything, his rock wouldn’t do anything and grasp would be useless. That is horrible design. This would make sigma useless in every rank except gm and masters

Oh, I forgot about that. Let me write in that he doesn’t do selfdamage with his own abilities.

I think you overestimate how much skill tiers below Diamond spend poking at a distance, before closing the gap.

When that’s perhaps the main thing that separates skill tiers. That and trickling.

That said, the goal is to make it so that DoubleBarrier is a cheese comp. But SingleBarrier is the desired comp.

What if Primal Rage would give 500/500 temporary shield with no ult charge and 500 normal hp. I think it’s important for both teams not to miss on any extra ult charge would it be from healing or damage. Also for Orisa everything seems good, but I hope it still that she would give ult charge. Sometimes healers might be 10% away from important support ults so they ask tanks to go in and feed, to get those ults up before fight

Maybe it would be better to just represent his HP/Armor bar with a dark blue outline. To incidcate that “this doesn’t feed enemies ult charge”.

That said, I’m pretty sure you can heal Winston during his Ult. So dunno if that’d be needed.

1. No I don’t, not yet technically. I got a few days.
  2. I think the nerfs on him are plenty.
  3. Added 20% faster Firestrike, so he can get on the 20% faster projectile bandwagon with Orisa/Sigma.

1 Like

No ideas for D.va besides an armor nerf? :frowning:

She did just get a series of buffs, and the armor change would give her Zarya tier damage against Tank armor.

Also 20% damage resistance against crits when armored would help D.va a lot.

And the meta would be moving to Dive, with teams needing an offtank that can Peel.

I think D.va would do just fine with that.

And if not.
Just swap 100hp, for 100armor.

1 Like