D.Va is playable, but still weak enough to be neither balanced nor fun in modern Overwatch

The entire game is literally designed around chokes in which barriers are necessary.

Matrix should have no cooldown and just be a tight resource. Hell, make it half the bar, but get rid of the stupid cooldown

1 Like

I have some possible ways:

• Buff her armor to 300/300
  • Decrease her spread
  • New passive: “Bullet-proof” - D.Va takes 10% less damage on her crit-box.
3 Likes

IMO she needs a rework. She was great at launch and a bit after that but with 2-2-2 and the kit of the new heroes she just doesnt feel right. Not only some new heroes have an ult/ability that goes through her DM (some like doom and hammond have a complete kit that goes through her DM) there’s been more and more heroes with abilities that counter her ult.

If you think about it at launch Mei wall, Rein shield and a Lucio ult were the most reliable ways to stop a Dva. You could counter plays these by stunning or sleeping one hero. Nowadays you have 3 shields, Mei wall, Symm’s ult, Baptiste’s Lantern and Lucio’s ult and im skipping people like Hog who have abilities that can counter her ult but not save teammates.

I dont think D.va will ever be Meta again just for the fact that her kit feels old. Yes her DM can eat ults but so can Sigma’s grasps which can also give him shield armour on top of the shield he has. Even her baby Dva form has it’s fair share of problem like staggering. The only way for her to be any close to Meta would be to boost up her DPS by a lot or make her ult go through shields (which I doubt they’ll do since she’ll deff be a must a pick). With all of this I just think a Rework would be the easier route.

2 Likes

I wish she was the least picked tank in QP, too. I groan when I see one on my team. She’s going to hoover up all the healing, feed like crazy, and not accomplish all that much.

Giving her a better HP:armour ratio sounds good to me.

1 Like

I think D.va would do a lot better if Dive was meta, and in particular DoubleBarrier was more vulnerable to Dive.

[✅] Expanded DoubleBarrier fixes

Only thing I wish was that D.Va’s damage output was stronger, I play her when we need a tank sometimes since in truth I suck at most of the other tank characters more than I suck at D.Va. I end up pressing that LMB as if the harder I pressed the more damage it would do, even though I know it won’t do anything for how much damage I can do to keep people off the point.

Shooting as D.Va is like Shooting as Reaper only standing on the other side of the map. Even close up D.Va’s primary fire is weak, I know she is a tank and they are meant to help by making people waste resources, but her damage is terrible to the point that it doesn’t contribute much to winning the game.

You are better off just hiding in spawn as D.Va and waiting for Self-Destruct honestly with her damage this bad.

1 Like

This is the most infuriating one. Do they think we don’t notice?

8 Likes

??? She was the worst hero in the game rivalling only Zenyatta

6 Likes

Not only is it clear they did this on purpose, the comment about “regretting” D.Va eating ults shows they fundamentally had no understanding that value is exchangeable and equivalent. A barrier deletes ults. The gimmicky way that DM does it does not make it fundamentally problematic. The important thing is the total damage blocked. That is the measure of value for tanking abilities that directly absorb damage. Everything else is just subjective.

The blindness they clearly had to this reality, that barriers and DM are exactly the same thing but done differently, directly led to Double Barrier. It could not have existed if they had treated D.Va right instead of going out of their way to delete her. And Double Barrier will never go away without reversing course on this and allowing D.Va to be as effective as barrier tanks, which is what objective balancing would look like.

Catering to hatred is how we got here, not balance.

All the people still pretending D.Va is being picked in OWL are clearly not watching it, as every single game is Sigma Orisa. Once in a while we get Rein Sigma, or Rein Orisa. But D.Va? Never.

8 Likes

It doesn’t matter what they give her if all her health is burst down the second she isn’t behind 10 layers of cover.

Armour would help massively with this. I used to be able to turn my critbox away from damage when I was out of DM, this was a huge part of how to play D.Va. They deleted that in keeping with the tradition of blaming D.Va for every meta, in an attempt to delete triple tank all the way back in season 3.

Nerfs to offtanks to discourage picking them over a dps over the years were an abject failure. Triple tank continued, and thrived, because it became better to pick two offtanks next to your main tank instead of one. They widened the gap between rein and the other tanks and the result was more and more triple tank to support Rein. When they finally did 2-2-2, which tank mains begged for as the only way to discourage triple tank without making all tanks individually unfun, they completely refused to take the logical step of undoing all those nerfs one way or another and bringing offtanks back up to the same power level as main tanks.

Then double barrier happened, and again instead of changing course they refused, doubled down, and nerfed all the shield tanks until barrier tanks became offtanks. Meanwhile offtanks remained super weak, and now with Rein weaker they could no longer synergize with him to cover his weaknesses, a second barrier became more necessary. They became the offtanks, and the real offtanks became literally unplayable except for Zarya.

I’m hoping the D.Va buffs mean they’re starting to realize, but the timidness of the buffs tells me they don’t realize the crisis the tank role is in, how dead the role feels, and how many people have either left, dropped tank queue, or just reduced their playtime massively as a result.

Still waiting on the 2-2-2 tank rebalance we all were desperately hoping for. Instead of experimenting with this they experimented with 1-2-3. Plz blizz, we need an experimental card where offtanks are main tanks too, but for 2-2-2. Save D.Va 2020.

3 Likes

The problems she caused were in GOATs meta and 2-2-2 exists so… you are wrong kid.

1 Like

Oh- I was just joking… I’m not reading all of that.

K cool, next time just don’t read it, no need to tell us.

I can say whatever I want, I’ll decide for myself when to stop.

It adds nothing, it’s just snarky and snobby. But you do you.

3 Likes

She needs to be 300-300 on armor and needs a slight damage buff again. then she’ll be fine.

2 Likes

It did add something, it lets you know I’m not reading it.

It’s just trolling. It’s worse than “first” comments.