Rien and Sig double shield needs a nerf

I had something more like this in mind.

• Fortify - 2sec duration
  • Kinetic Grasp - Recharges barrier instead of providing temp HP
  • Armor - Reduces all damage by 20%.
  • Mei - Moved to the Tank role. (Can’t bodyguard against Dive)

Along with other changes.

The whole idea is that if DoubleBarrier is going to be near invulnerable at medium/long range. Then it should be genuinely vulnerable at close range.

1 Like

Maybe play the plethora of characters that can burn down or ignore shields?

You can’t play Widow, and keep firing at a Rein shield, on your own, hoping it will break.

But, that doesn’t mean they’re too strong. Against a lot of Heroes, and especially against semi coordinated teams, Shields melt super fast, already. It’s almost like a hot knife through butter, at times.

2 Likes

Yeah, because Genji is just being played with double barrier.

Nothing will happen until they either make barrier tanks worse, or dive tanks better.

I wouldn’t mind Mei being a tank. Don’t love that Kinetic Grasp idea, though, because that ability is the main way Sigma stays alive when his barrier is either recharging or placed somewhere else. I think if it didn’t give him temp HP, it’d be too easily exploitable by the enemy team, who could still probably kill him before he could retract/redeploy his barrier unless he started that grasp at high HP.

1 Like

Shield break heroes, ironically, depend on their own team’s barriers to enable them to stand there and break barriers.

It fixes nothing.

They have to rebalance tanks.

I agree with you, but the problem with these forums, And even the developers by extension, is “rebalance” almost always means “nerf into the ground”

Remember when they tried “rebalance” Tanks the last time? Yeah, that lasted for about 5 seconds and then Orisa and Sigma got a bunch of their buffs taken away, after the barrier nerfs. So, instead of getting buffed in some areas, and nerfed in others, they pretty much just got straight nerfed.

That’s what “rebalance” seems to mean, in this game. Especially, for the tank and support roster, and I’m kind of sick of it.

1 Like

Well, here’s the whole “vision” I have for how Tanks could be redesigned.

[✅] Expanded DoubleBarrier fixes

1 Like

The problem is they don’t suck since barrier explode so quickly. Focus from 2 hitscans melts it fast. And the lost insta kill potential from choosing projectile barrier buster is not worth the trade since hitscans are OP. Nerf hitscans and everything returns to normal.

If you think fan the hammer Mcree sucks at breaking barriers you have no idea. He’s actually really good at it

Just run genji and ana and blade every minute.

Please, not more tank nerfs. I’m glad the OP double barriers are gone, but now they fall like a house of cards with lots of burst damage and flankers. Echo and Pharah are great picks to get over shields and scout ahead, tanks are easy prey for Lucio next to ledges, Mei Reaper and Tracer are nightmares for most tanks too. If you can’t get past a shield setup (with the exception of pirate ship payloads and on tough choke maps like Paris), you’re probably just too focused on choke points. Try taking the side routes and obliterate the tanks instead!

Hahaha another guy…

Stop. Lol.

If this comp is meta on owl and gm, is not just pick a reaper and win…

Lol a genji main saying zarya is OP. I doubt you even know half her kit let alone what is so “OP” about her since she has received consistent nerfs.

Anything that counters genji is op to you scrubs.

Rebalance tanks… I think maybe dps needs rebalance and nerfed. Burst fire is way too high in this game. Tanks and healers are already f tier overall.

If you cant get past a rein and sigma then your skill level is the problem, not the balancing.

This makes no sense at all. So you must want them to sit there? Let’s make every hero defenseless to dive .

Go genji and flank and kill them. Lol

Why do people always look for the hard way to deal with it? What’s the point, what’s the knock on effects of rebalancing a dozen DPS heroes, when you can fix maybe 3 Tanks?

Just fix the damn Tanks.

End result, if Rein ends up less powerful in the meta because you creeped everything else around him, then you get the same result as just nerfing him. So just nerf him.

If you’re curious, here’s a list of what I want.
[✅] Expanded DoubleBarrier fixes

Which includes:

• 20% faster projectiles for Rein/Sigma/Orisa
  • And no self-damage from Sigma projectiles.

That said, I got no problem bumping up the anti-Dive capabilities of offtanks.

Just nerf Sigma, he makes double shield too strong. Get rid of his shield and rework his kit. He already has all the abilities of an offtank.

it was sarcasm you chimp