23.4 Known Issues

Hello all,

Follow this thread for information about known issues with Patch 23.4, launching today.

Patch 23.4 will be launching with the following known issues:

• Reno Jackson’s Treasure Inspector Equipment in Mercenaries will occasionally fail to cast anything. The team is working on this issue.
  • Opening certain Wild-only packs will cause a crash on Android devices. This issue is expected to be fixed in the next major patch. In the meantime, those packs can be opened without any issue on PC and iOS devices.
  • [Resolved 6/2]: Favorite card back selections are not locking. As this issue is wider in scope than initially thought, the team is working on resolving this issue in an upcoming hotfix patch.
  • [Carried over from 23.2 Known Issues post]: The team is aware of reports of deck codes/decklists not saving or being inconsistent across devices. This appears to be related to the issue where players receive an “error while starting your game.” As a workaround for that error, delete the deck you are trying to queue with and rebuild it.

Post-launch issues:

• [Resolved 6/1]: We are aware that Tyrael was a little late to show up, but he’s made it now. You can now claim you free Tyrael Mercenary Card in the shop!
  • [Resolved 6/1]: The team is aware that some players got Tyrael portraits as their free Tyrael claim instead of the base Tyrael Mercenary card. The bug causing this issue has been resolved.
  • [Resolved 6/1, Updated 6/3]: We are aware that an additional copy of Remote-Controlled Golem has been added to the collection. It is part of solo content and was not supposed to be made collectible. 6/3 Update: Players who got copies of this extra version of Remote-Controlled Golem cards have now had those extra versions removed and full dust value awarded for them.
  • [Resolved 6/2]: The team is aware that the Mercenaries Campaign Task “Whispers of the Old Gods: Task 4” can’t be completed as written. It currently is tied to the Captain Shivers Bounty, instead of the Acolyte of N’Zoth Bounty. This will be fixed in a hotfix planned for later this week, but in the meantime you can progress by heading to Captain Shivers. Update: After the 6/2 Hotfix goes live, this workaround will no longer be applicable and the Task will only be able to be completed as written.
  • [Resolved 6/2]: The team is aware that the Thrall, Son of Durotan skin is missing from some players’ collections.
  • [Resolved 6/2]: The team is aware that Bioluminescence and Snapdragon are not working as intended. They will be fixed in a hotfix patch scheduled for later this week.
  • [Added 6/1]: The team is aware of a visual bug with Baine Bloodhoof’s Herbal Ancestry Equipment (Chain Heal will state it will heal 20, but it will actually heal for the correct amount based on that Ability and Equipment level).
  • [Resolved 6/9]: The team is aware of a bug with Lord Barov and Diablo. To avoid the issue, Lord Barov will be temporarily disabled while Diablo is back in Battlegrounds.
  • [Resolved 6/9]: The team is aware that Shattershambler is not working as intended. It will be fixed in an upcoming update.
  • [Resolved 6/3]: The team is aware of a small number of accounts seeing “Playful Sprites” error messages when trying to login. This will be fixed in the next available update.
  • [Added 6/14] The team is aware that the Mercenaries Y’Shaarj Event Task 10, Visions of Conquest, reads that it requires 150 damage, but it actually requires 200 damage. This will not be corrected prior to the event ending, we apologize for the confusion.
  • [Added 6/14] The team is aware that Nozdormu Day special daily quests are not going out with the June 15 reset. Nozdormu seems to have… lost track of time. We expect him to be back as scheduled next month.
  • [Added 6/15] The team is aware of various Mercenaries issues, including the following, and is working on solutions to them:
    • General performance issues, particularly in crafting and switching between menus.
    • Friendly Speed ties sometimes not resolving in the intended order.
    • Maestra’s Dirty Tricks is missing the Shadow spell school.
    • Maestra can sometimes swap with a Merc that is already dead, leaving a dead Merc on your bench.
    • Maestra can also sometimes swap with a minion, which is then trapped on the bench forever.
    • Baine Bloodhoof’s Earthmother’s Fury’s Deathblow effect does not currently trigger.
    • Reno Jackson’s Dazzlin’ Flexin’ is missing its Arcane spell school.
    • Queen Azshara’s Mage Paramount gives your characters resistance, instead of just herself.
    • Brann Bronzebeard’s Summit Campfire’s effect does not match its text.
    • Lorewalker Cho’s Knowledge Ability spawns Hozen of smaller stats than stated.
    • Maiev’s Imprison sometimes does not work in the Fighting Pit.
    • Jaina’s Ice Block Talisman will trigger even if she has a Divine Shield that would block the damage.
    • Issues with Stealth removal if all enemies have Stealth.

~~

6/2 Update:

We are currently in the process of deploying hotfix patch 23.4.1, a server-side hotfix, that will include the following updates:

• Fixes bugs with Bioluminescence and Snapdragon not working as written.
  • Adds Colossal minions into the random pool for certain cards that generated options from a random pool, such as Elise Starseeker’s Golden Monkey.
  • Fixes the bug where the Mercenaries story task, “Whispers of the Old Gods: Task 4” had completion criteria that didn’t match its text.
  • Fixes a bug causing favorite card back selections to not display.

~~

6/3 Update:

We are currently in the process of deploying a small hotfix that will fix an issue where a limited number of players were unable to login due to “Playful Sprites.”

~~

6/9 Update:

The team is currently in the process of rolling out Patch 23.4.2, a server-side hotfix that addresses some of the known issues listed above. Find the details of that patch HERE.

~~

6/13 Update:

We released a hotfix today that fixes the issue blocking the Y’Shaarj Mercenaries Event Task 9 from being completed. That hotfix is now live for all new games played in all regions.

We will update this thread throughout the patch period as we have more information to share.

9 Likes

I’m not seeing Tyrael in the store for free even though everything else updated.

13 Likes

After the patch it appears as if i don’t own the “Son of Durotar” Thrall skin even though I completed that battle pass

Howdy. I’ve had about four games today after the update. In each of them, both myself and my opponent have both had Classic cardbacks. In my collection, I have several cardbacks favorited and each of my decks is set to use my favorites only.

I have restarted and re-downloaded the client.

Not a huge issue on my end, but figured someone up-the-chain should know.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m playing Bigglesworth after the patch. Not sure if it’s intended, but I no longer get the discovery from the triple when I play golden minions obtained from the hero power.

1 Like

I have also lost my Son of Durotan skin.

2 Likes

I lost the “Son of Durotar” Thrall skin too and 2 cards Remote-controlled Golem.

1 Like

Updating mercs is still not working at all sometimes or severely delayed this is after one or two upgrades it almost always happens, several patches now no fix. Repeated crashes back to inn screen with “ui” error from mercs games no obvious trigger just random but more frequent than last patch, PC (but also same issues ipad).
Mode is becoming increasingly more unstable with each patch not less so.

4 Likes

Apparently Snapdragon is able to buff the Hero card Bru’kan
https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/v2mql5/brukan_has_been_working_out_snapdragon_buffs_him/

Edit: Confirmed it for myself by getting lethal playing Bru’kan on turn 8 for 8 damage, 6 from the battlecry and the follow-up attack.
https://puu.sh/J3wE0/2c6fd72a1b.png

This attack is both active during your and the opponent’s turn counting as a permanent attack buff and basically thorns.

Close/Open Game again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bioluminescence is granting spell damage +2 per minion instead of +1

4 Likes

Thankfully they fixed it

Standard packs earned by the brawl are acting strange. Opening one on iPad in NA caused a disconnect and now is gone - hopefully the cards are repeats and now in my collection but I can’t verify since I never saw them. Another pack refuses to open on PC in EU. It returns to its spot. I assume it is patch related and not brawl related. Packs are packs.

2 Likes

In following the new task chain for mercs, the one for Acolyte of N’Zoth is not completing.

3 Likes

if you re-read the first post they say they have disabled pack opening becouse of another bug

After one of my games i am now seeying at the bottem of my screen next to my gold total what looks like and in game also what looks like the exp bar of the rewards track but it is just blue and full and doesnt show my current like it usualy.
Tried to descrive as best i could dont know if anyone else is having this problem.

We temporarily disabled opening those packs earlier today. Check the known issues post, above, for details.

probabily is a Tracker bug becouse of new patch , not game related.

The post mentions wild-only packs, not standard packs. ** ok, I see the bold part now, guess we wait for standard pack fix **