Hello all, we wanted to let you know about some known issues that we are tracking with patch 21.6. This will not include older known issues that are still being worked on, such as any remaining known issues from patch 21.4. We will add additional issues as we track them:
- We’re aware that the 21.6 update is not showing for some Google Play users. For those users, we have a suggested workaround: go to Google Play → open your profile icon in the top right → open “Manage apps & device” → select “Updates available” → select “Update All.” We believe that should cause the update to appear on your devices.
- [Added 11/5] We’re aware of a bug where the functionality and card text for the minion Tyrantus were unintentionally changed. A fix for this will be included in an upcoming patch.
- We’re aware of an incorrect event timing message that appears for some players the first time logging in after the patch. This does not affect gameplay at all.
- [Resolved 11/4] We have confirmed that the final Quest in the 21.6 Legendary Quest Chain, “Farewell and Good Night,” is not working as written. It appears that wins with Priest and Mage do not count, but wins with Warrior, Shaman, and Hunter do. Update: This issue has been resolved via hotfix.
- [Added 11/3] We are aware that Dormant cards are missing their mouseover tooltip while Dormant. This issue is scheduled to be resolved in the 21.8 patch.
- [Mercenaries] We’re aware of a visual bug where if Cairne’s Reincarnation triggers off Mutanus’s Devouring Attack, Cairne will return invisible.
- [Partially resolved 11/2][Mercenaries] We are aware Mr. Smite’s Sharpened Scabbard Equipment does not activate as intended. We have launched a server-side hotfix that will make the Equipment function as intended, but the visuals will remain incorrect until a more complete fix can be implemented in patch 21.8.
- [Mercenaries] We’re aware that Blinkfox’s Mind Thief Ability is giving some Abilities too much of a speed discount.
- [Mercenaries] We’re aware that “Pirates” are not affected by Abilities that affect “Humans”—despite what they look like. This is intended and not a bug. Once you pick up the Pirate life, you leave your Human side behind!
- [Resolved 11/4][Mercenaries] We are aware that players were getting stuck on certain Vol’jin Task levels. We’ve temporarily disabled him from visiting the Village while we investigate a solution. Update: This has been resolved via hotfixed. Impacted players will be compensated with 100 Vol’jin coins in the coming days, and Vol’jin has been reenabled as a village visitor.
- [Battlegrounds] We’re aware that Lord Barov’s hero power was not offering correct options on Diablo turns. We are temporarily disabling Lord Barov while we investigate this issue.
- [Partially Resolved 11/3][Duels] We’re aware that the end-of-season popup for unfinished Heroic Duels runs is not working properly. Update: a major exploit was patched today. We are currently investigating whether there are further end-of-season issues to resolve. We will take actions at a later time to properly heal-up accounts that gained unearned Tavern Tickets
- [Duels] We’re aware that a small number of players are receiving an error message and being blocked from entering Duels. We’re investigating the source of this and are working to get these people unblocked as soon as possible.
- [Resolved 11/2][Duels] We’re aware that Diablo’s Claws of Terror is not always drawn at the start of game as intended. Update: this issue was been resolved via hotfix.
- [Duels] We’re also aware that Diablo’s Claws of Terror is not damaging adjacent minions when combined with the Pillage the Fallen Treasure.
11/3 Update: We are in the process of deploying a hotfix that includes the following changes:
- [Partially Resolved 11/3][Mercenaries]: Fixed a bug causing Sneed to show the wrong crafting cost. Update: Sneed is craftable for the correct cost of an Epic (300 coins), but the client is still displaying the wrong crafting cost. This will be corrected in our next major patch.
- [Duels] Fixed a bug that players were exploiting to repeatedly gain unearned Tavern Tickets. Retroactive actions will be taken in the future to address people who already gained unearned Tavern Tickets.
- [Duels] Updated the Ever-Changing Elixir Treasure to now correctly transform a minion into one that costs (2) more, instead of just (1) more.
- [Duels] Updated the Hagatha’s Embrace Treasure to properly give two minions +1/+1 instead of just targeting one minion.
- [Duels] Fixed a bug with the Dragonblood Treasure that allowed the buff to sometimes improperly fall on non-minions.
- [Duels] Updated the spells created by Jerry Rig Carpenter hitting Warden’s Insight to each cost (3) instead of (0).
We have plans for further updates in the near future.
11/4 Update: We’re in the process of deploying a hotfix that includes the following changes:
- Fixed the issue involving the Farewell and Good Night Quest mentioned above.
- [Battlegrounds] Updated Diablo’s Lord of Terror minion base stats from 3/3 → 5/5.
- [Mercenaries] Fixed the issue where players could become stuck on certain Vol’jin task levels mentioned above. Impacted players will be compensated with 100 Vol’jin coins in the coming days, and Vol’jin will be reenabled as a village visitor. Update: Vol’jin has been reenabled as a village visitor.
- [Mercenaries] Fixed an issue where Equipment Level 2 for Cookie’s Cooking wasn’t working as intended.
- [Mercenaries] Fixed an issue where the level 30 achievement for Mr. Smite and Captain Eudora were attributed to the wrong characters (Garrosh and Varian).
- [Mercenaries] Fixed an issue where the main campaign task chain would not progress or could be delayed in progressing.
- [Duels] Fixed an issue that could cause an error when ending a Duels run. Update: We’re aware that a small number of players are receiving an error message and being blocked from entering Duels. We’re investigating the source of this and are working to get these people unblocked as soon as possible.
11/9 Update: We have now finished deploying a hotfix that includes the following changes:
- [Wild] Fixed a bug where Hidden Oasis pieces cost 0 after being split by Jerry Rig Carpenter.
- [Mercenaries] Adjusted matchmaking for players with very high MMR to be weighted more towards ratings instead of other matchmaking factors (such as Levels, Abilities, or Equipment).
- [Mercenaries] Queued Abilities will no longer still occur on the same turn that a Mercenary has been killed and reincarnated and/or resurrected. (Clarification, no Abilities will work in these circumstances, regardless of whether they target or not.)
- [Mercenaries] Fixed a bug causing Blinkfox’s Tenth Tail to always reduce Abilities to 0 Speed. Note: we are aware that there is another bug with Blinkfox—that the Mind Thief Ability copies the first Ability copied for two turns while Tenth Tail is equipped—that bug is not yet resolved and is scheduled for a later date.
- [Battlegrounds] Fixed a bug causing desyncs in Diablo games, resulting in different players seeing different fight outcomes.
- [Battlegrounds] Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented Diablo from receiving treasures if a player died on a Diablo turn.
- [Duels] Fixed a bug where Diablo’s Claws of Terror would not damage adjacent minions after Blightborn Tamsin was played.
- [Duels] Fixed a bug where Diablo’s Demonic Transformation would not add a demon to your hand when the cost of the discarded card was 0.
- Fixed a bug that caused Monstrous Parrot’s achievement, “Carrion, My Wayward Son” to not count certain Deathrattles.
- Fixed a bug that caused Dormant minions to not count towards the “Even Playing Field” achievement.
- Fixed bugs causing crashes.
We will continue to update this post as we get more information.