Mr Smite is not a tauren?

I’m currently playing a regular Felwood run, in which one of the offered treasures “Blessing of the Moon” grants +5/+10 to all Night Elves, Tauren and one more I forgot.

Mr. Smite looks like a tauren to me, yet doesn’t recieve a buff. Is this intended?

Greetings, Shekel

Intended:

Stripped of the cute Blizzard reply, type is solely determined by the word at the bottom of the card. The word at the bottom of Mr. Smite’s card is “Pirate”, so Mr. Smite is a Pirate, not a Tauren. If you look at the bottom of the character’s card and it says “Tauren”, “Night Elf” or “Troll” Blessings of the Moon will give it the bonus. Otherwise it will not.

Thanks for the headsup. Still think it’s weird xD

Practically, it’s the only way to go. There has to be a well-defined way of determining a card’s keyword(s). If it was up to “Well, the card looks like an (X)” the game would be unplayable. There’s no fundamental reason that cards couldn’t have multiple types as long as it was clear what types they were, but apparently Blizzard felt that wouldn’t fit the streamlined approach they wanted for Hearthstone.

Cookie is actually the odd one since he is still a murloc. I suspect that his cooking is the reason why he’s not officially a part of the pirate crew.

1 Like

In today’s day and age, you shouldn’t be so surprised that a Tauren wishes to identify as a Pirate!

-Valas