Some news tomorrow?

The Technical Alpha start has been announced on Tuesday April 6th.
It’s been a month now, so I hope we’ll get good news about the Beta tomorrow.
OK, it’s probably optimistic, but let’s hope ^^
Otherwise, I have a good feeling with Tuesday May 18th… :wink:

9 Likes

Would have been nice to know when the beta is going to be, want to test all kind of things not to mention to see I can run it on 4k 60fps

1 Like

I guess this will still take a while until the beta comes.

Would indeed be very exciting to receive some news from the high authorities !

1 Like

If my guess about the Beta start on May 27th/28th, 2021 is correct then they’ll probably give us an announcement on Tuesday, May 25th, 2021! Two weeks from now! Still gives them time to tweak the game from the Alpha Test Feedback! :slight_smile:

1 Like

In terms of specific dates, I will not argue; however, this timeline has a few problems.

The gap between technical alpha and beta in your scenario is about 6 weeks. The gap from beta to launch is only 4 weeks. This seems strange to me, especially in consideration that they have to receive Xbox, Playstation, and Switch approval to release the game on consoles.

The technical alpha was for 4 days (or so). You also think the multiplayer beta will also be 4 days. This seems odd considering the beta presumably needs more time (To date, only 3 of 7 classes have been tested and 2 of 5 acts).

Then, you have the Blizzard investor call which said second half of the year. In corporate speak this usually means the back end of Q3 at the earliest. If Blizzard really was planning on June 29, then different verbiage would have been used.

Thats TBC prepatch release date.
I think we should get more news or a first beta test this week/weekend.

If we won´t get a beta next weekend, I doubt we will get one before mid/end june.

Thats because TBC releases at the 1st of June and while there is not just a considerable amout of D2R players, who are also interested in oldschool WoW, there is also streamers and other kind of influencers who will mainly focus on TBC during that timeperiod.

This is more, or less centered around the Tuesday, June 29th, 2021 release date! The 7 weeks is from Alpha start to Beta start(if it starts Thursday, May 27th, 2021)! If the game does not release on Tuesday, June 29th, 2021 then it will likely release sometime during the end date of D3 season 23(latest around August 8th, 2021)! This will give a longer Beta testing period, and tweaking after the Beta test is over! So, in this case here is an example of the Tuesday, August 10th, 2021 release date:
Diablo II: Resurrected Multiplayer Stress Test Beta start(my guess): Thursday, May 27th/Friday, May 28th, 2021
Diablo II: Resurrected Multiplayer Stress Test Beta end(my guess): Monday, June 7th, 2021(if it follows the same pattern as the Alpha test ending on a Monday. This, though, gives about a 12 day Beta testing period instead of a 5 day testing period like the Alpha testing period)
Diablo II: Resurrected Release Date(my guess): Tuesday, August 10th, 2021!

This will give a 9 week tweaking period, release announcement, etc. from the end date of Beta testing(June 7th) to release date(August 10th)! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oops… Missed this point :confused:

It would be awesome !

Please Blizz, announce the Beta tomorrow :pray:

it’s about time, the hype is flattening out…

1 Like

hope so, hanging around waiting here :slight_smile:

All I want to know about the beta, is it going to be more then 4 days. Because lets face it that was BS.

Beta most likely September at earliest.

Give it time guys.

Sounds a bit late :confused:

But I agree that 1 month is probably too short to deal with the Technical Alpha data and to fix issues, redesign some graphics, try a couple of new things…

But it’s a pity we don’t get more news and an approximative timing like “before summer” or “during summer” :zipper_mouth_face:

I guess it will be longer ! I wouldn’t be surprised if it would be 2-4 weeks.

Imagine you are building a new house in the next county and the whole family is so excited.

Grandma wants daily updates on your progress.

++Reality++

The hole is dug in the ground for basement and well is still being dug with sewage system being dug and I don’t feel like calling grandma every day to hear her upset at the lack of progress news!

There is a lot of work to do in getting D2R finished.

What makes anyone feel they are almost done?

It will take most of this year to finish D2R.
I accept that, as there are going to be alot of sad people when beta doesn’t pop till early September or later.

well the single player alpha was 4 days lol. There really wasnt a reason to make it so short. I just hope they arent like “Beta 6 days!” because that will annoy me a lot.

You mean there wasn’t a reason you could see!

Blizzard was very clear the Tech Alpha was only 4 days.

Really once you reached lvl 20 and Duriel kill on one character what was there to do then?

I just went back to my D2 character and continued playing on live Season server.

I am aware they were clear it was going to be 4 days.

It was still a tiny test window. There were people that didnt even get their invite emails till after the window of the alpha.

Personally, I got 6 characters to mid 20s.

Nobody knows here.
Anyway, I was speaking about the Beta, not the final release.

I would like to get an idea about the timing of this next step.
In your “new house” comparison, it would be something like “basement is done, we expect to start the walls in June”.

i dont know. havent heard anything about it