Diablo II: Resurrected Release Date

I am going to take a guess on when this remaster is going to release! We all know it is coming out in 2021 according to the devs, and announce trailer. With that said there will be several tests for the players to give critical feedback. I am going to say there will be the initial Alpha test(my guess mid-March) that has already been announced, and then there will probably be a final Beta test(my guess beginning-May) before release. I am gonna guess each will last about a month and a half in total. Alpha test(mid-March to beginning-May), and Beta test(beginning-May to mid-June). After the Beta test is over a two week heads up for release like they announce before most current D2 ladder resets. That puts it at June 29th, 2021 release date for Diablo II: Resurrected. Reason for my guesses!

Diablo II release date: Thursday, June 29th, 2000
Diablo II: Lord of Destruction release date: Wednesday, June 27th, 2001
Diablo II: Resurrected release date(my guess): Tuesday, June 29th, 2021

This would even keep the release date preserved with the original D2! :slight_smile:

When do you all think will be Diablo II: Resurrected release date?

29 Likes

I like your version of events better, I was thinking fall/winter release.

11 Likes

Yeah, wishful thinking probably, I would absolutely love a summer release, but I’m guessing a before christmas release.

I hope I’m wrong.

11 Likes

Also, the most recent D2 ladder reset was Friday, December 4th, 2020. 6 month ladder = ending in beginning to mid June, 2021. That would make it to where we could play original D2 Ladder for a couple of weeks before Diablo II: Resurrected release date to get our D2 itch on! :smiley:

2 Likes

I would imagine sometime end of summer / fall is the most realistic.

If alpha is a few weeks, then couple months to make changes before beta

Beta will then likely be a month ish, then more changes for a release by early fall / end of summer hopefully.

2 Likes

i hope for june 2021

2 Likes

lol i highly doubt its going to be that soon, that being said. i can easily see it being done pretty quickly.

but what they show did really look a lot like a “vertical slice”

i would have expected much more things shown if they had everything working perfectly.

i would expect the alphas/betas to go on for at least 2 months before release.
and a “ladder reset” for alpha beta during the halfway point to test that to make sure it works properly.

that being said i also hope I’m wrong… i would love to play this in july or august but i don’t see that happening… maybe i’ll get into the betas by then.
( i did get into sc2 beta, and d3 private beta)
and i have also beta tested resistance 2 private and public, resistance 3 private, and fuse beta, and I’m likely forgetting 1-2 others

along with testing and finding bugs and providing feed in over 3 patreon games i support.

1 Like

I think it will be released nov 21 2021 then it will crash come back online dec 31 2021 then crash again and come back on jan 31. Then they will update it and mess it all up some how and all servers will crash every 15 min for the rest of time… Cant be worse than the wc3 revised right?

4 Likes

Me, too! My birthday is in June so that would be an awesome birthday present!
Another June birthday guy: What did you get for your birthday? “Oh, just a $25 Gamestop gift card!”
Me: What did you get for your birthday? “Diablo II: Resurrected, baby!” :smiley:

I hope for summer 2021.
Hope we will get some great news within 1 or 2 months.

1 Like

Hoping I get into testing so I don’t really “have” a o wait for release per say.

1 Like

Id look at how Diablo: Immortal is handling things.

They had a technical alpha with limited players that ran for about 3ish weeks iirc. Ended mid January, and radio silence since then. I would STRONGLY doubt they would have a test last 6 weeks, then have a 1-2 week turnaround on a second test.

1 Like

We aren’t even through the technical alpha yet.
Earliest possible release date will be this autumn.

November/December probably makes the most sense to profit from Christmas shopping as much as possible.

2 Likes

i hope you are right:p

2 Likes

Makes me sad but highly likely

It’s like having to go to the bathroom while driving ext…you wait and wait but then as you get close to a destination bathroom suddenly your body can’t take it anymore and man you gotta fly into that bathroom…

Waited so long for this and it’s right at our finger tips

2 Likes

I’ll bet they were thinking of that themselves since its a very clever time to release the remaster but I think it just depends on the level of bugs found in the alpha/closed beta. My thinking is its possible to release late summer but we PROBABLY wont see it until fall.

Now assuming there arent much bugs needing to be fleshed out then that may very well be feasible and I would love to see a June 29th release date myself

1 Like

i think if they didnt try to port it into consoles, it would be released already.

4 Likes

If you purchase the game, it says 2021 Dec currently. I assume that’s just a placeholder though.

1 Like

Yea, in shop it says: Diablo® II: Resurrected™ will be released on or before December 2021.

1 Like

Summer/fall is my prediction, but I would give them even another year if that ensures smooth launch and high quality remaster.

1 Like