D2R to launch 2nd half of 2021

Looks like it will be around Christmas if you ask me. I will play hellgate london till then lol

I hope fast as possible. Can’t wait.

1 Like

The dev team does not have the source code.
Again, you don’t know much about this process as you haven’t played much at all.

SP is really cheat mode for D2.

1. you have a map hack after first run.
  2. SP is the biggest hack mode of D2 by far.
    dupes/gear hacks etc.
  3. no mode of D2 has more hacks than SP.

Question:
Did you play D2 when it first came out w/o any LoD expac?
I know you didn’t, statements you’ve made in past posts show you don’t have a clue about classic and early days of expac.

You only really have continuous SP mode play.
That is fine, but please stop trying to sound like you know the entire game, which you do not.

These are minor QoL changes:

1. ctrl click to move items from back pack to chest.
  2. gold p’up

This is fine and very nice.

You desire for a complete rewrite of the code can’t possible happen.
No one has the source code for D2.

nah. They said D:I is releasing 2nd half also and after D2:R, and they wouldn’t release them super close together. So even if D:I releases on December 31st, D2:R is for sure coming out by Sept-Oct at the very latest. Public Alpha was 4 days, Public Beta is not going to be 6 months long. lol

1 Like

Are you referring to this quote from the Investor call yesterday:

“you think about the importance of a sequenced approach to having Diablo remaster followed by mobile, followed by part four”

Could you please link the quote where I specifically or for that matter anyone else claimed that the beta test would last 160 days or >4 months? I am certain that I did not say that to you or anyone else ever.

I think the source code debate was mainly art assets, many of which were found by VV as discussed during Blizzcon. Besides, if mods have been able to change much of the game’s code over the last 20 years, no reasons the professionals couldn’t do it. The remnant team of D2 after Brevik and crew left had issues with the coding if I remember (part of the reason they gave for how concentrate reacted to Blessed Hammers when people were asking for hammer nerfs back in the day), these devs do not seem to have as big of an issue with it. Again, two decades have passed since game was originally released.

Man, really gives off an elitist vibe there. Most any single player game can be “cheated” by quitting without saving and reloading. The map works as intended in single player, and if I remember correctly, was how it worked in D1 as well for single player, except in D1, the monsters didn’t respawn. Hell, unless you mod the game, use a trainer/editor, or edit the text file, you don’t even get access to all of the game’s content.

If you think the game isn’t releasing until the very end of the year and we are literally weeks away from the beta starting… then yes you and anyone else are also directly implying that the beta testing phase is going to be in excess of 4 or even 6 months. Which is hilarious. You think they’re gonna go from a 4 day public alpha to a 5-6 month public beta? Or that they’re gonna have a short beta but then STILL not release the game despite it being finished? Either way, your assumptions are pretty wild. Come back to earth micro.

Of course not. You wrote:

It is utterly preposterous that anyone would think that I said that the beta testing itself for D2R would last 160 days (which is 4 x 40 = 160).

P.S.

Is this the Blizzard quote that made you think that D:I was confirmed to be releasing after D2R?

Going to quote myself again because you weirdly ignored it and just repeated what you said before.

yes you are implying it is going to last 4-6 months OR you’re implying the beta will be short and then they will just hold onto the game , despite being finished, for… the holidays? Despite them releasing both D:I AND CoD during xmas, you think they’ll ALSO release D2R at the exact same time? Dude… you aren’t living on earth. That would make zero financial sense and actually leach sales from eachother.

Opposite of what they want. They want maximum profit spread out across each QUARTER. so D2R and BC will release to bolster the 3rd Quarter and D:I and CoD for the 4th quarter. its extremely obvious from that investor call whats happening.

Not at all.

The alpha test itself was 4 days. From the end of alpha to today is ~4 weeks. Presumably during this time, Blizzard/VV was working on D2R (either fixing issues uncovered during the alpha, more work on acts 3-5 and the four non-alpha classes, new changes,and/ or something else). Depending on the beta testing, there will be most likely other things that come up.

I am expecting the multiplayer beta sometime this month given the comment on yesterdays investor call. The earliest start of the beta would be May 14 and even that may be too optimistic…

I do not know if they have plans for more than one beta. I do not think they will hold onto the game if it is finished. My sense of corporate speak is that the second half of the year usually mean Q4 but maybe Blizzard is thinking that it can be late Q3. It was interesting that they did not use coming months as they did with WoW: Burning Crusade. This means to me that they do not expect D2Rrelease to be in the coming months.

No. They just want maximum profit. If they rush any of these games to release prematurely, it will hurt their bottom line for the year not just a quarter. Also, you are assuming that D:I, D2R, and CoD are direct competitors.

That’s Blizzard whole MMO tho, they’re notorious for this.
Diablo3 dropped unfinished and isn’t the same game it was @ launch.
Diablo2 went through a similar journey i.e. classic vrs Lod
as will be d2r they already had several bugs that cause the game not to even run the same as d2lod… which I imagine there will be other things as well.

you literally don’t get how quarterly spikes work for major publicly traded coporations. seriously, you’re way out of your depth here.

what are they rushing? the D2R alpha was extremely polished with minor bugs fixable in a few days. They aren’t adding anything more pre-launch so theres literally not much work to do.

jesus dude… they ARE. ffs. lol. D:I is literally an ARPG and is literally ALSO in the diablo universe… if D2R released around the same time, or god forbid, AFTER D:I, literally no one would play it. despite it being free. You again, have no clue what you’re talking about when it comes to big business.

Not true, they reconstructed majority of it, they just lost some stuff like art assets. Also how does it even matter, if if it was lost completely look what Modders did it. Look at work of Nefarius. You dont know what you talk about sadly.

Some modders already done it but sure its impossible :joy:

You know nothing. Of course i did. I am done with you because its just trolling at this point and you dont bring anything usefull to discussion so welcome to my ignore list. Your claims about single player are hilarious.

This is not true. There will be people who play both games irrespective of release orders, especially in consideration of one game is mobile while the other not.

P.S. There is a new interview wit Rob Gallerani published today May 6. In this interview, they talk about post alpha feedback, additional changes to the game and Blizzard survey.

How Diablo 2 Is Changing on Its Path to Resurrection… While Staying True to Its Roots - IGN

Direct quote:

The team also wanted to gauge the fanbase’s reaction to some of the small quality of life changes that had been implemented, such as automatic gold pick-up. “For the most part people really liked them,” Gallerani says. “In fact they want to see more. The game is still a work in progress - this was a tech alpha - so even from the design side we have a lot of thoughts about [additional] quality of life updates and ways we can make them better.”
“A lot of the feedback has been specific, low level, little things across the board,” Gallerani continues. “The community has been amazing, we have sites of people putting together surveys and PowerPoints for us. It’s awesome to see them share how they feel about it.”

“We can’t promise that we can or will change everything,” Lead Artist Chris Amaral adds. “But when there are things we agree with, we can push them a little further.”

Well, the Bnet App just updated with TBC Classic releasing June 1st! :slight_smile: So, I was pretty much right on that one! Let’s see what else I can get right on! :smiley:

1 Like

Here is a change for them… take away stupid immune to cold fire etc. like og diablo 2 classic mode. Resistance buffs are fine but total immune to a straight build is a bit stupid.

1 Like

Dbrunsky is a hardcore user of mods, PlugY etc. I don’t give a damn… what he wants. he dont speak for me.

This was stated to counter the argument that Blizzard at Blizzconn only spoke to the D2 “purist” MtLlamaSC . This was used to justify that they were not considering changes.

1 Like

Yes also not interested in Diablo Immortal as I gave up on consoles around 15 years ago because they’d priced themselves out of what I could afford and I see paying a $1000.00 for a smart phone as an even worse buy,Not to mention Diablo Immortal is just boring or not interesting :sleeping: