New interview regarding QoL changes

yeah, i know…
im just dumbstruck he sunk down to the “fix your grammar” level, as if I’m going to write in perfect English on a forum…

just showing him how absolutely stupid and insulting is to even go there

Because that’s all that is needed. What’s so hard to understand about not wanting the game to be different?

It really depends on what QoL feature that they are implementing. Some may be quick to code and test; others may be far more difficult and time consuming.

Obviously those people don’t know what balance means. You can stack MF and prebuff much easier, and with more raw damage output than without charm inventory.

This is mathematical fact. Whether or not you “like” it, is completely different, but it does change the balance of the game, it’s indisputable.

eh i can understand the sentiment. Micro keeps arguing in circles and wont stop responding to every one of my comments despite already having the same argument 9 times. lol. As if anything either of us says is going to be different. xD

Agree to disagree friends! :smiley:

I still believe that Beta will be soon. D2 Ladder will reset in beginning of June to give people one last “oomph” at og D2 Ladder before D2: R release. D3 Season 23 will end between end of June to end of July(possibly beginning of August if it is exactly 128 days like previous two seasons: April 2nd, 2021 + 128 day season length = August 8th, 2021) based on previous season lengths. This will give perfect timing for a D2: R release during this time period of D3 Season 23 end. So, D2: R will probably release between Tuesday, June 29th, 2021 to Tuesday, August 10th, 2021! Mark it, and sign it! :smiley:

1 Like

I like your math. I too believe it’ll be within that window. Don’t let Micro get you down guys. keep the hope alive. He is a hope-leach!

(jk, love you micro).

1 Like

The investor call implied the beta will be this month.

The investor call said D2R release will be second half of this year. In corporate speak, this typically means mid-late Q3 at the earliest but they want wiggle room if it goes into Q4.

2 Likes

As stated before the Devs have been working on D2: R since 2019. Most/if not all of the game is finished. The only thing the Devs have to work on is what comes out of the Alpha/Beta tests including any QoL they see fit. Once Beta is over, and they tweak the game to their standard the game will release which should be between end of June to middle of August.

1 Like

If everything was done, why not release the game? There would be no need for a beta. If all the game was finished or almost done, why would Rob say

Gallerani says. “In fact they want to see more. The game is still a work in progress - this was a tech alpha - so even from the design side we have a lot of thoughts about [additional] quality of life updates and ways we can make them better.”

Or

“Just one thing to remind everyone of is that the game is work-in-progress, right? Everything is still being worked on.”

yep these are my thoughts as well. I also dont think itll drop till Mid-end of Q3 and yes also possibly pushed into early Q4. But i think that would be the very latest it could drop, since D:I needs a couple months after that to release as well.

Pretty sure he wasn’t being exact when he said the “game is finished” in the literal sense. Just that they only have last minute polishing and bug fixing to do so nothing major delaying it.

Every video game developer says these exact words all the way up until the day before release. Not sure why you think this somehow means its still in heavy-development when its so close to launch. lol

everyone here wants the same game the know and love. that being said. a TON of us here have also played mods… and while i really dislike a not-insignificant amount of the balance changes on those mods… there are some REALLY obvious qol changes… like loot filter and being able to pick up more items item with a max build, or even a dueling character.

and these changes have all been tested on the mods for YEARS they are universally loved by everyone there. even path of exile has a loot filter… these aren’t " new concepts"

even “personal loot” isnt a bad “idea” itself.
its just the actual implementation would have to be absolutely perfectly done in order to not be an utter disaster which would ruin absolutely everything they worked for… it hasn’t been done in any mod, and there isnt a need for it…
it has the potential of catastrophic failure in order to fix a small perceived issue that affects next-to-no-one who actually loved and enjoyed the game and who has played it for years and will continue top play d2:R for many more years

if there was enough benefit and less possibly of downside i wouldn’t be so against it, the it improves almost thing, actually wrecks some things and has the potential to bring down the entire game, that’s not worth the risk by any stretch of the imagination

charm inventory, loot filters… these aren’t “new” ideas

these are basic QOL changes that have been tried and tested, and vetted over multiple years across multiple mods and they are universally loved and seen as a massive improvement.

just as being able to remake cows after killing king is “different” yeah sure… but its better… because the prior design was terrible

" not being able to pick up items" because you are at max build… is a TERRIBLE design… you cant argue that its NOT. people can cry that " oh but your choosing between QOL and power"
THAT IS A TERRIBLE DESIGN!!! i dont CARE if it was the original “intent”
it was not the outcome.
the outcome was " people filling inventory with full charms and using cube as space" this is a problem… its unfun, its stupid… and yet somehow with all the annoyance with all the detrimental side effects… it STILL manages to be WAY more efficient… thats how BADLY the original design was… MAYBE that system could have worked if they didnt make GC skillers… but with them… you just get so much pure raw power from charms you are gimping yourself by not using them if u can afford them.

which is why all the mods have a simple solution… allow u to pick up more items… but prevent charm from working in that extra space.

its MASSIVE QOL increase… and yet u people are here nitpicking…
“oh this 1-18 lighting damage GC is going to break norm”

oh this "pre-buff is going to change dueling, like REALLY? dueling.,… because we all know THAT has clear instruction of how to do it by blizzard and no rules implemented by the players of what is and what isn’t allowed.

make a freaking rule saying no “pre-buffs” done… balance issue fixed…

and yeah i FULLY admit that it charm inventory make more crazy build that shouldn’t work slightly better… but … that’s just icing on the cake… it also allowed more crazy builds to be played in hell much easier while still being able to pick up items? like win/win.

no one LOSES with charm inventory.

no one LOSES with “loot filter”

these are both tried and true changes that despite angry brawls in the modding community about terrible balance changed or the dev was dumb to change X or Y or why not do Z… EVERYONE who as ever used play a mod agrees that… having these is just plain better.

They wouldn’t release the game until Alpha/Beta testing is finished because they want to see what people think of the game, and to find any issues. Yes, the game is still a work in progress because the Alpha test provided a lot of feedback for the Devs to work on(changing color of frozen monsters, etc.). The Beta test will help them with the changes they made after Alpha, and also to see how the game plays with multiplayer/stress testing the servers to make sure the game runs smooth. Any other issues that arise during the Beta they’ll continue to work on after the Beta ends. After that the game should be ready to release between end of June to middle of August! :slight_smile:

No.

Most video game companies approaching release talk about the final polishing and fixing some minor bugs. They do not want their customers/players to think that there is still a ton of ongoing work that would risk people thinking that an unfinished game will be released.

We will see.

1 Like

The people who don’t want charm inventory lose if it’s added.

Same with every other change you propose.

What a silly argument. “No one loses”
Come on, man, you can do better than that.

With any change there will be people who win their proposed changes, and those who lose, because they did not want those changes.

You could make the same argument with personal loot, ‘no one loses’ if they implement it, and it would be just as fallacious. (Provided we’re talking replacing old systems, not creating new, concurrent ones, which I am fine with)

3 Likes

what do they lose?
what could they POSSIBLY lose that is so bad that they need to prevent something that a massive portion or the community wants.

you can pick up more items… whats the downside?

i heave heard duels? people make thier own rules anyways

the only one with any merrit is the on i myself provided, that it makes early hell slightly easier before torch and anni becuase of resist charms

but thats it… and that same downside also open up not only QOL but the ability to do many new builds that would 100% rely on charm to even be able to clear hell.

if they downside it is make something slightly easier while improving the basic QOL for millions of players and greatly opening up build variety. i’ll take that any day of the week.

its not a “silly argument” its the entire basis on figuring out if something if worth implementing… what are the pros and what are the cons… the cons… are basically non existent… the pros are astronomical

if u give me some massive con that will also be astronomical and outweigh the pro’s i’ll hear you out, but haven’t seen that yet… and that’s what its going to take to convince me

It’s not just duels, it also has ramifications for PK and public pvp, which is different than GM pvp, and accounts for 95+ % of pvp in d2.

This will have balance issues in Pub PvP. Full stop.

What are the percentages of people who favour charm inventory vs those that do not in the known surveys?

1 Like

I have been playing D2 since 2001/2002(since 1.09 patch)! I started out playing when it was, “Cow Runs”, and not “Baal Runs”! I have played D2 every year, and every patch! It has come a long way, and even though there were changes made especially from 1.09 to 1.10 I still played because I love playing D2! If the Devs decide to change D2: R to have more changes, whether it be QoL, or balance changes, or content updates, or expansions, etc. I will still play because I love playing D2! Long live D2/D2: R! :smiley:

1 Like

The reddit survey has sampling bias, but still informs (>4,000 respondents where >99% self-reported to be D2 players):

Should there be a separate inventory space for charms?
• The majority (58%) is for a separate charm inventory, but charms should only work in
that charm inventory
• About one third (30%) is against a charm inventory
• 7% are for a charm inventory, but charms should also work in the normal inventory
• 5% are unsure

1 Like

65 % vs 30 % doesn’t seem to me to be massively divided for a complete rework of the inventory system for a remaster.

Maybe the devs will agree with me, maybe they won’t.

I would be more likely to accept the change if the numbers were more in line with the cow king portal, as it seems the vast majority want to be able to reopen forever.

I feel they will at some point add a charm inventory. I still think balance changes that big should only be added on a separate realm.

1 Like