Some news tomorrow?

It seems lately that the Blizzard forums are the last place that get the news. The news we do get here on the official Diablo forums is usually from someone sharing a link of some other gaming news site, or from some reddit post or some tweet.

I think Blizzard is stuck in secrecy mode for some reason… The community managers hardly ever share anything. The game has been announced, give us the details. The ‘news’ section on diablo2.blizzard.com is long since been stale.

4 Likes

This is normal or should i say expected. Alpha’s have way more bugs to fix and IF a game is done correctly in Alpha, the Beta test is only about stress testing the servers and polishing. And for this 21 year old remaster? ya its going to be extremely short. 4 day alpha man, four days. Beta is going to be a week or 2 tops.

approval? they already have approval. this seems like you’re grasping at straws.

again, where is this written? How many corporations have you been in charge of? Stop pulling things out of thin air in a lame attempt to dismantle peoples projected timelines unless you actually have something legit to back it up, which you clearly have literally nothing. :roll_eyes: You’re just being negative for the sake of argument, it got old a long time ago.

I think what he might mean is that there is a process of finishing a build, documenting it, and sending it to the Console companies to put on their servers. Blizz can’t just push a Console build Live themselves.

Nevalistis went into it with some detail a few years ago with regard to D3 builds.

1 Like

I’m with you. I’m hoping they have a late August / early September beta, then release it right around December.

I want them to take their time and do a good job. Blizzard cannot afford another Warcraft Reforged fiasco.

Incorrect.

What MissCheetah said is what I meant. Blizzard has discussed the process of rolling out even an update to the consoles and what it takes.

How about this: Blizzard themselves in their investor call said second half of 2021. Since June 29, 2021 is the first half of 2021, I would say highly unlikely.

Consider what Rob said recently. I highly doubt the timeline and a 4 week turnaround time from the first beta test to release.

Haha, what?=) Try July at best.

As you can see in the quotation marks I mentioned the WoW releases(Chains of Domination and TBC Classic) might be vice versa, etc., or may release later depending on their current beta testing. I ended up getting one right so far with actually TBC Classic releasing earlier than my mid June prediction. Vice versa puts Chains of Domination release at mid June since end of May is so close to the June 1st release of TBC Classic. If D2: R doesn’t release on June 29th, 2021, and releases on my other guess of August 10th, 2021, then Chains of Domination will probably release early July!

It will probably be about 12-14 days long since it will be for Multiplayer, and stress testing the servers. Also, the other classes will be available, and probably Acts 3-5 as well.

Diablo® II: Resurrected™ Technical Alpha — Experience the Legend

Q: Why are there only three classes playable in the Technical Alpha?

A: Diablo II: Resurrected will launch with seven playable classes—the Amazon, Barbarian, Sorceress, as well as the Assassin, Necromancer, Druid and Paladin. Currently, we are focusing our gameplay testing on these three classes. We will be including other classes in the upcoming testing phase.

Q: Why are Acts 1 & II only playable in the Technical Alpha?

A: Diablo II: Resurrected will launch with the full narrative experience of the game, alongside the narrative content of the expansion, Lord of Destruction. For this test, we really want to hone in on early gameplay in the settings of Acts I & II.

The Devs have been working on D2: R since 2019. Most of the game is finished. There is a reason the Alpha test was only 4-5 days long, and the Beta test will probably be about 2 weeks long so people can play all 7 classes, and all 5 Acts to get a feel for the whole game, and find any more bugs/issues/etc. Currently they are fixing issues that were presented in the Alpha test leading up to the Beta. Once Beta begins, and ends they will work on any more feedback from the players, and then the game will be ready to release after that. We’re looking at a June 29th(at earliest) to August 10th(at latest) release of D2: R! :slight_smile:

June 29th, 2021 is 2 days before the start of the 2nd half of the year so it’s still possible since it is roughly close enough. This would be the earliest it could possibly release, though. The latest release would be around early-mid August(around August 10th, 2021)! :slight_smile:

why are you repeating yourself AGAIN after i already debunked what you said? You’re grasping at straws dude and have nothing to stand on. “oh i think in corporate speak that means…” > how can you not see how this is 100% pure speculation with zero evidence to support it? according to what corporation? where are the meetings for “corporate speak” Micro? nowhere, because you’re making things up.

Considering they are a multi billion dollar company, they obviously know everything involved in the process of approval and therefor have taken this timeline into consideration. Thinking YOU know better than blizzard is absolutely hilarious. Or thinking that the console versions will somehow be way different or need way more work? again, pulling things out of thin air to be negative.

The one and only reason you’re even attempting to respond to anyone who posts about the game releasing soon is because you’re so desperate to believe they are making massive changes, despite everything pointing to the opposite, pre-launch. Keep dreamin dude, don’t crap on other peoples posts without good reasons because you’re desperate to believe something thats obviously not going to happen.

Blizzard communicated this. It is not me assuming anything. Why do you think MissCheetah chimed in?

Do you know what Nevalistis role when she was at Blizzard?

Did you read her explanation about consoles?

This is the direct quote from the ATVI investor call from Blizzard:

"we are looking forward to launching Diablo II: Resurrected and the latest premium release of Call of Duty in the second half of the year. "

This is unambiguous. Your idea that D2R will release in June is inconsistent with what Blizzard said.

Experience

No really, he is not wrong on this one. Nevalistis (our CM for many years) went into detail on it. Blizzard does not have the authority to push Live builds to the console servers. It is actually a fairly robust process that can take a week or so per build.

I personally hope it comes June 29th, or soon after, but he is not wrong about the Console process being a bit of a long pole in the tent.

I am kind of wondering if we will will have an Alpha or Beta phase that tests the cross platforms saves which means Beta console releases. Blizzard has never done cross platform saves before.

2 Likes

FACT ^^^^

Thank you for the truth here @TheDarkJedi.

2 Likes

Yes i already know the process of pushing builds has a lot more red-tape on consoles, obviously. What IM saying is that D2R was developed with consoles in mind from the beginning. So literally years ago blizzard already knew this process was longer. So this isn’t a surprise to me and its certainly no surprise to the D2R devs. Therefor its more safe to assume they have taken this into consideration with all of their timelines, as it would make zero sense not to.

The console process is probably the only reason we didn’t immediately roll into Beta after a week or two. Lets hope the console process isn’t the reason for it not making the June 29th release, but it probably is/was. But i still think its safe to assume the beta will start in the next few weeks and will end very abruptly as the Alpha did and then a Aug-Sept release at the very latest.

:yawning_face:
See you next week for another hope :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Can’t you just be patient ? Can’t we learn from the past ? Do not pressure anything, hold on and enjoy the product once it’s out, when they intend it to be.

1 Like

Exactly!
Fire up D2 2000.
If you’re old copy has dead keys then buy a new pair and have some fun.

Find out what everyone is talking about!

I know at least a dozen guys if they spend $20 for two keys (classic and LoD) they will find themselves in love with it.

A new season is around the corner sometime, unannounced June 4th or the Friday after.

The alpha announcement was on a random tuesday. The beta isn’t just going to be announced on a monday, it’ll probably be completely random again. Could be next sunday or this friday. I personally think itll start more towards the mid-end of May and they’ll again announce it only a couple of days prior to starting.

Maybe they even push back the Beta start date to mid-June so people can completely focus on the TBC launch? The beta will probably be just a week or 2 itself so it doesn’t need a huge time cushion. Beta will be mostly about server and new Bnet UI testing.

I know you are fired up to see beta invites going out.

It will take months in my estimation.

Play D2 2000 and get ready for new season in less than a month.

if they are just old and has a few digits, you can get them converted to some that works in this day and age :smiley: not nessesary to buy a completely new set

what are you personally basing your estimates on?

haven’t played ladder in years, servers suck too much. But i have been playing single player for the last couple months and also the D2R Alpha. Sometimes i open the Alpha just to wander around looking at the new graphics lol.

1. Show a current screen shot of you playing the Tech Alpha with a time stamp.
    Tech Alpha has been unplayable since the Tuesday after it went down.

2. I am basing it will be months because it is so obvious VV and Blizz have much work to do.