D2R to launch 2nd half of 2021

I wonder if you might consider the fact that I am also correct in that Blizzard has stated repeatedly that additional changes are possible if the players want them. At least three changes that they specifically asked about even said at D2R “launch”. You may disagree with my opinion or an interpretation or 2 of a direct quote. However, if there is more than 5 direct quotes on the topic that I have provided including links to validate their authenticity, I most certainly am right as I was about the statements made during the Investor call.

Pre launch? nah. ive always said changes are possible, just not pre-launch. You’ll probably get changes, later. At least thats my guess based upon the info we’ve gotten, you’ve given me zero reason to doubt that besides extremely vague statements and a survey that may or may not mean something. Hell, the survey results might be the opposite of what you think they’re going to be and end up ironically sealing the door on no more changes. Something you should consider.

Wheres the exact quote?
I read DI was being released later this year with D2R being released before it. I didn’t see this 2nd half of the year quote.
I’m going to take a guess that end of June is release date still.

What’s your point OP we now since announcement the game will be released in 2021 you can read it in store page.

let me link you this agian since you keep saying the same thing over and over…

At it’s core we want this to still be the same. So right away things the balance, the monsters you see, spawn rates, item drops and things like that are the same.

And what we’re doing is trying to take any of the rough edges you see: compatibility issues, resolution issues, and obviously the art - improving the art as well… all these kind of things you come to know from a remaster but still very much maintaining what the game is.

Andre Abrahamian - Lead Designer

you always say things about changes At launch, but forgot that they said it will stay the same.

1 Like

I’m still hoping for a June 29th, 2021 release date for D2: R, but this is probably how it will play out, or at least closely:
Chains of Domination release: End of May
TBC Classic release: Mid June(The WoW releases might be vice versa, etc., or may release later depending on their current beta testing)
D2: R beta: End of May to Beginning of June
D2 Ladder Reset: Beginning of June(gives some time for players to play og D2 Ladder before D2: R release)
D3 Season 23 ends: Between End of June to End of July
D2: R release: Some time during the end date of D3 season(End of June to End of July)
D: I release: September

Its in the actual investor call on youtube. at 28:53 you can clearly hear him say ,
“we are looking forward to releasing diablo 2 resurrected and the latest premium release of call of duty in the second part of the year”.

i wish man. but no longer possible based on direct quotes from investor call. Although Im still very confident for an end-of-summer release. July-Aug.

Others at Blizzard have said that they are open to changes if the players want them, including balance changes.

Both are true in that Blizzard has said it will stay the same and can possibly change. They want to keep the authentic experience but apparently also consider features commonly found in mods the authentic experience. In some cases, the changes could be pre or postlaunch. Moreover, Blizzard listed a dedicated char inventory as a quality of life improvement.

Here is some quotes and additional information.
Blizzard has sent out two surveys on D2R where they sought balance changes in both. This is documented.

In addition to these management approved surveys, we have many Blizzard quotes.

i know both is true. but you always only post the once in favor of what you like. insted of paint the whole picture.

I just hope it’s released before August.

Typically, this is almost exclusively in response to someone else claiming that no additional changes are under potential consideration.

If you were a C++ coder on a large project you would understand it may take weeks or months for certain bugs to be fixed, because they interact with other parts of the game process.

People that play Single Player really don’t know much about D2’s game.
And I know you only started playing after the LoD expansion.

You have small continuous play time and hardly any season play.

That is fine and olaay.

But shows you don’t really know the game in telling us about fixing bugs.

They have full dev team working on that dude. Its not one person lol. Single Modders fixed many bugs in few days or weeks. Some bugs might be more complicated as they go deeper into code and affect other thing but again they have full team working on the game. The also have probably better tools than Modding community.

What a lame argument. Yes i play single player so my history of playing on battle net and private realms for years doesnt count right as it was before i started playing SP.

You should really stop making such claims as you fail horribly to be even close to truth. :slight_smile:

you’re still very clearly missing the fact that the chances of this happening PRE launch are slim to none. Yes the “door is open”, in the future. Not in its final moments of production. Quell your expectations my friend, the alpha was 4 days and included zero changes, expecting the Beta to literally be 40x as long isn’t exactly living in reality.

Are you kidding me :slight_smile: ? There was several changes in D2R alpha vs original game. Multiple QoL changes? You missed that? :slight_smile:

…and that’s why Streamers always get first dibs on Alpha/Betas

zero changes the forum has been asking for is what i meant. OBVIOUSLY they have the auto gold, stash, darker atmosphere, gambling refresh, better UI ect. You know i know this. Zero changes beyond those select few.

its just a smart move marketing wise. can’t blame them.

Looks like it will be around Christmas if you ask me. I will play hellgate london till then lol

I hope fast as possible. Can’t wait.

1 Like

The dev team does not have the source code.
Again, you don’t know much about this process as you haven’t played much at all.

SP is really cheat mode for D2.

1. you have a map hack after first run.
  2. SP is the biggest hack mode of D2 by far.
    dupes/gear hacks etc.
  3. no mode of D2 has more hacks than SP.

Question:
Did you play D2 when it first came out w/o any LoD expac?
I know you didn’t, statements you’ve made in past posts show you don’t have a clue about classic and early days of expac.

You only really have continuous SP mode play.
That is fine, but please stop trying to sound like you know the entire game, which you do not.