Season of Discovery Class Tuning - January 11

Updated

Today, we made the following adjustments at about 1:34 p.m. PST:

Hunter

• Chimera Shot weapon damage increased to 100% (was 85%).
  • Explosive Shot base damage increased by 25% before Attack Power modifiers.
  • Mana cost of Chimera Shot, Explosive Shot, Carve, Kill Command, and Flanking Strike reduced by 50%.
  • Beast Mastery rune bonus health and damage provided to Hunter pets reduced to 20% (was 30%).
  • Beast Mastery rune bonus Focus regeneration provided to Hunter pets reduced to 50% (was 80%).
    • Developers’ notes: We remain concerned that Hunter pets are still too powerful, and believe that the best way forward is to reign in the Beast Mastery rune while compensating via the Hunter’s main spells.

Priest

• Base healing done by rune abilities reduced by 20%.
    • Priests are outperforming other healers significantly. This adjustment will apply to Prayer of Mending, Penance, and Circle of Healing.

We’ll confirm here tomorrow (January 11) when the changes go live to all Season of Discovery realms.

56 Likes

Lets gooo bliz staff has awoken!

11 Likes

So are you just gonna ignore the real problems with penance and pom which is that they cost basically no mana?

18 Likes

I love that you guys are actively tweaking abilities. Confirms my belief that SoD is in fact a beta for Classic+. :heart:

10 Likes

Looks really solid. I say this as a hunter that has agreed with nearly most of all the prior nerfs.

11 Likes

Now move the rogue shiv rune off gloves so it can be used with mutilate plz.

7 Likes

Nerf the ratchet rune cost already

22 Likes

Oh boy. Hunters are going to be furious.

4 Likes

Where is the compensation to the main spells? Or do you consider the competing runes “main spells”? Because that’s not really compensation you’re just changing the meta rune, which is fine but lets be honest about it.

Otherwise hunters might actually think you’re going to give them something else lol

24 Likes

Awesome, and why was hunter nerfed for the 16th time again? It is currently the 5th (yes 5th) best DPS in the game. Why again, are you continuously nerfing the FIFTH best class in the game and ignoring warriors, a class doing twice as much dps as hunters?

30 Likes

Hunters will now be more fun to play. Chimera was already a powerful shot, the issue was the mana cost. Now it does more damage and costs 50% less. Only people that would complain about these hunter changes are those playing wind serpent with a hunter pet.

8 Likes

Yep it was time to nerf hunter again. Well done.

3 Likes

Yes, I have been playing hunter with a wind serpent for 4 years. I am complaining. The class sucks.

Hunters now do more damage in pve because of this change…

4 Likes

not opposed to buffing hunters but arent both hunter specs in the top 4 best performers in the entire game?

what about the shadow priests, the balance druids, the shaman dps, the frost mages and so on? Just curious whats the logic here.

2 Likes

Translation: wind serpents nerfed, hunter shooting buffed.

3 Likes

If they could read, sure.

8 Likes

Not really compensation for the nerf of the hunter though, just a change in what may be best rune. Can we get a free respec with this?

1 Like

respecs cost a gold max if youve been doing it alot.

youll be fine.

1 Like

AWESOME
great job :grinning: