Hunters were behind Warriors, Rogues, and Mages in DPS. Why nerf?

Honest questions. Is it because of the abysmally bad players complaining that they couldn’t beat an NPC? An NPC that does a 3rd of the burst damage as a Warrior, Shaman, Mage, Warlock, etc.?

25 Likes

After the 14th nerf maybe people will listen. The developers in charge of nerfing hunters LOST in PvP to a hunter back in classic in 2019 and this is how they get their revenge. It’s not a joke.

It’s purely malicious.

16 Likes

That why nerf

19 Likes

dude… pets were scaled to be equivalent to a level 55s damage… you cant say “why nerf hunter pets”… when theyre THAT OP. like use your brain. I know they’re strong and you liked that but think of how unfair it was.

20 Likes

What in the world are you talking about? The #1 Hunter in the world has his pet doing 97 DPS. Warriors have broken 500 DPS.

30 Likes

Hunters were 3rd and we drop behind druids…

4 Likes

It’s not bad that pets got nerfed, it’s bad that they had very minor buffs to chimaera shot and Explosive to make up for it… Give some real buffs, because hunters don’t have mana issues. Buff Lone wolf so it actually might get used. Buff Carve so you can use it with Flanking Strike. Pets are a problem in PVP, so I totally get nerfing the specific pet runes… But alternatively, they could have just nerfed Wind Serpent specifically since they’re the problem child.

14 Likes

Except hunter’s did not get compensated. My last Aku log had serpent sting only doing 2.5% of my total damage while multi-shot did 8.2%. Hunters are balance around pet damage, and they nerfed pet damage again w/o compensating.

18 Likes

Its because WSG meta is all that matters. Everything has a 25% damage reduction expect pets and heals. Blizz just trying to appease people complaining that priests and hunters are strong in lvl 25 pvp. They don’t realize this has always been the case

2 Likes

The problem is as soon as hunters start doing the dps that rogues and warriors do in raids it starts feeling overpowered in pvp and everyone has a cry about it so it gets nerfed. We need a way to buff hunter damage in raids without making them op in pvp. Maybe a stacking debuff like expose weakness would be useful.

2 Likes

The real problem is the raid is level 25. Hunters have always been strong low level, because of their pet, but they don’t scale as well. If hunters aren’t doing 2X the damage of a warrior at level 25 level 60 warriors are going to be so far ahead its insane

6 Likes

If thats the case then how are Warriors and Rogues parsing higher?

5 Likes

Which main spell was upgraded to compensate them? Multishot and aimed shot still do the same amount of damage. Chimera and explosive are still nerfed from what they were at release. All of the leg runes are worthless. All of the chest runes except 1 are worthless. Now all our hand runes are basically worthless.

For BM hunters, they were nerfed without any compensation. They can’t take chimera shot.

For melee hunters, they were nerfed without any compensation. They can’t take chimera shot.

Era hunter is in a better place than SoD hunter at this point.

24 Likes

BEHIND MAGES LMAO are you delusional ? Season of Discovery Phase 1 DPS Rankings - Week of January 2nd - Wowhead News

10 Likes

Hunters were buffed in PVE today.

1 Like

No they werent lmfao.

12 Likes

Yep, chimera shot dmg and huge mana nerf will offset pet nerfs.

3 Likes

Lmfao.

You dont play hunter do you?

Chimera shot could be buffed by another 50% and it would still not be used.

10 Likes

What will your cope be when you find out chimera is the meta now? Need a youtube video to tell you?

5 Likes

They reduced mana shot of chimera, but not multi shot.

Multi shot is 100 mana.

Pets are FREE, they are no mana, you are still going to use Beast mastery rune over chimera.

I dont need a video i can do basic math.

A 15% chimera shot buff is literally worthless.

3 Likes